Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for C. Kerns > Reviews

Browse

C. Kerns' Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Kerns RSS Feed (Northern California)

Her Name was Half Calf
Her Name was Half Calf
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars A short story, May 12, 2014
*spoiler alert* This story will only take a few minutes, just a tad longer than my review. Updated per two responses to my less than stellar review. This is a short story about a small calf who in the course of a few pages got pregnant, gave birth to a calf that died, was paralyzed by the birth and ultimately had to be put down because of it. I downloaded the "book" because I'm a sucker for hobby farm stories. This lacked emotion, lacked a back story, it lacked life. The author "states" emotions but they do not transfer to the reader. I wanted to care about the calf, but in the end, I felt like I'd wasted 5 minutes of my time reading this.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 10, 2015 12:03 PM PST

Whimsical Cake Dummy 3 piece set 4" Thick
Whimsical Cake Dummy 3 piece set 4" Thick

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, exactly what I wanted!, June 5, 2012
I searched for several days looking for the topsy turvy (whimsical) cake dummy. I finally decided to order this one and I'm thrilled with it. It is heavy duty foam, cut precisely and I know that because they gave me the foam it was cut from as well! I ordered on a Friday evening and it arrived on Monday! I was a little scared because the info page listed the arrival time to be around June 25 (a full 21 days later) but it arrived within 3 days even going across the country! I would definitely buy from them again!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2013 9:17 PM PDT

The Amazing Pocket Chair - As Seen On TV
The Amazing Pocket Chair - As Seen On TV
Offered by HomeSeries™
Price: $12.85
13 used & new from $8.93

3.0 out of 5 stars my 11 year old loves this, September 23, 2011
My 11 year old son who loves gadgets and anything that will fit on his belt or in his pocket received this for his birthday. His slender body frame with no body fat fit just fine on the chair but older adults don't even want to try to sit on this low chair. You have to be VERY CAREFUL when attaching the sides together because if the hinges are not lined up it will NOT make it across and will bend the frame. Once the hinge is place correctly my 7 year old managed to set the chair up.

Ideally this is for kids because most adults do not want to have to get so low to the ground. There are many other taller chairs for this! This chair is great for the younger crowd in my opinion. Since we've only had it a few days I cannot tell how it will hold up over time (especially with boys!)

Columbia Big Girls'  Rain Suits, Raspberry Sorbet, Small
Columbia Big Girls' Rain Suits, Raspberry Sorbet, Small

1.0 out of 5 stars very thin material and already ripped, June 17, 2011
I expected so much more from a Columbia product. I have an older version for my son (10 years old and he has worn for several seasons and is very rough on his clothing....and his is still great!) But this version is so much thinner and fragile. I'm so disappointed in the durability of the material. My daughter only wanted to go out to run around in the rain and is very careful (unlike my son) and she has already ripped the pocket! She has worn it a total of twice in the rain and it's already ripped. So disappointing. I expected so much more from a Columbia rain suit. We do love the color though, thats the best part of the suit, so thats why we gave it one star. I'd check into a different brand for better durability.

Gerber Bear Grylls Folding Sheath Knife, Serrated Edge [31-000752]
Gerber Bear Grylls Folding Sheath Knife, Serrated Edge [31-000752]
Offered by E fashion shopping
Price: $16.85
186 used & new from $16.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome knife!, June 3, 2011
Wow. This is such a great knife and I'm excited to get it at such a great price on Amazon. Originally paid $35 but got it much cheaper here. Here is why I returned many other knifes back to the store and kept the Bear. First, the design of the handle. It fits my hand. Being a woman at 5'2" and having relatively small hands I wanted a knife that fit my hand. Second, the grip of the handle is wonderful. It is not moving around, sloppy in my hand because of the rubberized handle. Third, the folding mechanism is great for someone like me that doesn't want my fingers near the blade. This one folds by pushing a bar at the opposite end of the blade (in the handle) and then I can at my own leasure, fold the knife. I'm sold. The forth great reason I love this knife was the holders to store it in! There are a few things I don't care for about the knife but overall that doesn't bother me enough to search for a different knife. First is the color...I wish it was all black but then it would not be a Bear if it were all black. Second the holder that came with it is very tight to go on the belt loop but I'm sure over time that will loosen up. Overall an excellent buy. I keep mine in my purse unless we are hiking or camping!

Ultimate Tool Caddy Purple 3-Level Cake-Decorating Accessory Organizer
Ultimate Tool Caddy Purple 3-Level Cake-Decorating Accessory Organizer

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 Stars for organization!, May 29, 2010
I bought this to replace my handled tote which I had everything in and could not find anything when I needed it! I was tired of digging for one item (at the bottom of course) and have to re-organize it when I was done. I bought this at Joann with a 50% off coupon and it's still expensive, $32 but I think it's well worth it.

It has lots of compartments in the middle for items (large couplers, large bags, there are 6 different drawers) plus a section for colors (all of mine fit with room to spare, I didn't think they would all fit when I was looking at it in the store)

I LOVE the tip holder BUT it's not big enough. I have about 80 tips and had to triple up way too many for them all to fit on the top. Many have four on top (same one, different size) but I can live with that for the ease of getting them out!

Here's my complaints. The caddy could be a little larger for the price. Early on I bought a letter template set and the clear letter holder is too wide to fit. The cake leveler doesn't snap into the lid like the picture shows (I think maybe a defect?) and it's $63 dollars at JoAnn's.

I'd buy it again and enjoy using it (imagine me covered in icing asking a 5 year old to get such and such out of the bottom drawer instead of "somewhere in the bottom of the basket" That right there was worth it!

Also, as a side note, it's HEAVY with everything in it! It's compact but heavy!

Come Back, Como
Come Back, Como
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $7.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet story of Como "Z" the shelter dog, October 28, 2009
This review is from: Come Back, Como (Kindle Edition)
I'm a pushover for heartwarming stories of animals. That said, I read Come Back, Como and enjoyed it fully. It is a heartwarming story of how a family changes with the addition of any pet, but how much a family can change with a neurotic shelter dog.

I truly enjoyed the first 3/4 of the book, mainly because it was about Como and the family dynamics and at some spots was laugh-out-loud funny. I've had my own episodes with our neurotic shelter dog Rosie and could sympathize. However, the last few chapters I struggled with and still at the very end had questions raised that were not answered. Winn writes with ease but seemed to struggle to end the Como story. I will add that I was thrilled to speculate that Como is still alive (read: Marley and Me)

Overall, enjoyable and well worth it, I would have liked to see more of what is going on in the family...or at least given a way to get an update on Como!!