Profile for FrosteBiteAC > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

FrosteBiteAC RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Razer Seiren Elite USB Digital Microphone
Razer Seiren Elite USB Digital Microphone
Price: $149.99
33 used & new from $135.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Check Out My Full Musician's Review for The Seiren, January 25, 2015
A great microphone which I had the pleasure of fully testing out in the field with musicians in the real world. I have an in-depth review on YouTube, please check it out. [...]

In short, it is comparable to the Blue Yeti Pro with a couple features that are different here and there. For the price, it's a great desktop replacement mic. It's my new daily driver which I will be using for all my microphone needs until I purchase a separate one with XLR so I can use expensive mic preamps.

On Youtube I am called "Frostbyte". Search that term along with "Razer Seiren" and you'll have the video tied to this post.

Monster Bass - 21' Instrument Cable - Angled to Straight 1/4" plugs
Monster Bass - 21' Instrument Cable - Angled to Straight 1/4" plugs

5.0 out of 5 stars More Specialized Bass Cables!!, November 17, 2014
Monster the brand is already fantastic and reliable and I think that they're the only company to make a cable specifically for bass. If you're a bassist, get the cable treated for bass - it doesn't cost anymore and they had the instrument in mind when they made it.

Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H80i
Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H80i
Offered by RackGo
Price: $77.48
27 used & new from $77.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome CUP Cooler EXCEPT..., September 7, 2014
For some reason, Corsair FORGOT to send the four screw needed to mount the fans on the radiator. I had to mount both of the fans on with two screws each. Now I looked up online and it turns out this was just a "bad batch" but that is a HUGE oversight. Also I was not going to return it and wait for another product just because of the screws, I just looked up the screws I needed and saw them online.

Other than that horrible flaw, the cooler itself is awesome and keeps my i5 nice and cool for the multitasking I throw at it. I use a lot of Corsair products and I won't stop now, but I had to warn people about this annoying problem.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2014 6:08 PM PDT

Gigabyte H97 SATA Express M.2 SSD UEFI DualBIOS DDR3 1600 LGA 1150 Motherboard GA-H97-D3H
Price: $87.99
62 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Gaming Board and Great for Beginners, August 14, 2014
I had to get this motherboard last minute due to the fact that I had a huge PC upgrade in the works but my old motherboard wasn't going to cut it. This attracted me for a few reasons: it's a gaming motherboard (has the features I need as a gamer), price (at last minute, I wasn't going to spend a fortune), and looks -- simply, the orange-gold/black&silver looks very nice compared to your average mobo.

This board was able to accommodate my current rig:

Intel i5 4330 (my current bottleneck)
MSI GeForce GTX 770 (4GB)
Samsung EVO (128GB)
Seagate (1TB)
Samsung RAM (8GB)
TP-LINK N900 Wireless Card
Corsair RM750

This motherboard will last me quite a while and I will continue to make upgrades to my PC using this board until Intel 5th generation hits the mainstream (which isn't for a while at this moment).

Maxboost Atomic S External Protective iPhone 5S Battery Case / iPhone 5 Battery Case with Built-in Kickstand - Matte Black / Blue (Apple MFI Certified, Fits All Versions of iPhone 5 / 5S - Lightning Connector Output, MicroUSB Input ) [100% Compatible with iPhone 5 / 5S on iOS 7.0+ , Strengthened MicroUSB Input Port, No Signal Reduction]
Offered by power-innovation
Price: $39.95
7 used & new from $27.51

4.0 out of 5 stars The Power of Multiple iPhones (Essentially), July 23, 2014
This thing is a lifesaver for the (let's face it), terrible iPhone battery. It stays on your phone and you charge the pack and the phone through the same port on the side. This is convenient in two ways because: you DON'T have to take your iPhone out and charge it separate from the case AND it turns your iPhone into a USB charged phone, so none of that incompatibility crap with your Android friends!!

My only gripes are purely aesthetic. There should be two kickstands in the back, to hold the device up in any orientation. I also wish that the 3.5mm connecter it came with was attached and tucked away in the case. You NEED it if you're plugging anything in the headphone jack with the case on, and it's another thing to remember to bring. I just leave mine on my aux cable in the car.

Other than those little things, I love my case, it works just as intended.

AmazonBasics Large DSLR Gadget Bag (Orange interior)
AmazonBasics Large DSLR Gadget Bag (Orange interior)
Price: $24.99
3 used & new from $21.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Bag, January 24, 2014
For $25 it has everything you need in a bag this size including a place to put your tripod! This feature isn't on some of the name brand bags, so I absolutely had to go with Amazon Basics. You won't be disappointed.

Battlefield 3: Premium Edition [Online Game Code]
Battlefield 3: Premium Edition [Online Game Code]
Price: $39.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Origin is Cancer to Battlefield, January 18, 2014
This game can't be properly reviewed as a game because of Origin.

You're taken to a web browser like you're trying to play the game on the actual internet. This is to play multi-player (mostly) and you can't seem to choose which mode you want to play. The game sort of drops you in the middle of combat.

Get it on console, if you must.

SMART CRUSHER 5 piece Herb Pollen Grinder + 5 piece Pollen Press with Pollen Scraper
Offered by SMART-GOODS
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars You Always Need a Handy Sidekick, January 18, 2014
If you've been grinding herbs for a while or know someone who does, you'll know the relationship between a grinder and its owner is beautiful and long lasting.

This grinder is fantastic. I feel the 2" surface area makes it just big and just small enough to take with you and use as a main grinder at home.

Grinding aside: Kief.
This thing collects a great amount of kief provided that you wash the screen with iso once in a while. And that's there the beauty of memory lives when you let months worth of supply accumulate and then treat yourself. Thats when you will understand the true love this grinder shows you.

And it comes with a kief press because they know where the real attention is. ;)

All jokes aside, 2" is a great size (the perfect one in my opinion) and metal > acrylic.

BlueRigger High Speed HDMI cable with Ethernet, Supports 3D and Audio Return (15 Feet)
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $19.95
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars NEVER Buy HDMI at a Store Unless You're 60, January 18, 2014
Let me say this, in terms of function, every HDMI cable is essentially the same and don't let anyone fool you different. There is no real difference in speed and "gold" connection that you'll see anytime soon. The only real thing you need to look at is physical quality and of course, price.

In terms of both: top notch. I see a lot of BlueRigger HDMI cables at varied prices and sizes and they're all great. I've been using the tough built BlueRigger for three months not without any problems and it's better than all my other (more expensive) HDMI's. It's impossible to justify why I'd need to buy one at a store unless I needed one RIGHT NOW and there were none around. Also Best Buy hires idiots, and I don't know about you, but I don't speak idiot.

Until we see resolution passed 4K (not for another 5 years or so), the functioning quality of an HDMI cable will never be more than a price gimmick. Next time a teenager in a ridiculous blue collared shirt and yellow name tag tells you he "swears his buddy's HDMI quality is better than everyone else" and "you need to get this $80 one", punch him in the face and order a cheaper one on Amazon using their overpriced computers on display.

Logitech Z313 Speaker System
Logitech Z313 Speaker System
Price: $34.99
38 used & new from $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Mini Surround Sound (So-to-speak), January 10, 2011
I have a laptop rig in my room. I'm a college student that studies, works, and experiences entertainment from my computer. This set of speakers is very well set for just that. I have a Blu-Ray player in my laptop, and it's nice to get some food, sit down with a movie and get some great quality sound from these speakers. The tabletop speakers are nice and small, with some pretty big sound and it comes with an adorable sub-woofer with equally as robust sound. So the best way to describe them is compact with some seriously stable sound. There is no clipping and being a musician, I record a lot. The bass is heard very well and the mixes come out nicely.

Now for the bad. There really isn't anything bad, rather what I wish it had. You see, at night, when others are sleeping, your worst enemy (or more, their worst enemy) is going to be the sub-woofer. You might get premium quality from the top speakers, but the bass is going to go up with it. It would be nice to have separate bass controls.

With the good price in mind and a desire for compact setting with big sound, go for the Logitech Z313.

Page: 1 | 2