Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Profile for Kevin D. Lee > Reviews

Browse

Kevin D. Lee's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kevin D. Lee RSS Feed (Maplewood, MN USA)

Timex Ironman Men's Road Trainer Heart Rate Monitor Watch, Black/Orange, Full Size

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT reliable, April 19, 2011
I have now owned two Timex HRM watches. The first one worked for a reasonable length of time, say 6 or 8 months. It then was not able to receive heart rate data from the chest strap. I changed the battery in the strap, I changed the battery in the watch. I went through every single piece of troubleshooting advice I could find, both from Timex and from and exhaustive internet search. The watch showed the heart icon WITH the animation indicating that data WAS being received, yet it would only show double dash for the current rate. Could not overcome this issue.

It had worked so well for a while, so I thought I'd just get another timex and would have better luck. I was flat out wrong. This one has made it about 2 months and is now refusing to receive data. This time, no matter what I do, the watch will only display the empty heart icon. I have again replaced batteries, "reset" the transmitter, moisture, position, tightness, I even shaved the hair on my chest in the area where the strap sits. NOTHING.

So while this device may work well for a short time out of the package, it has become glaringly clear that it is NOT reliable. I don't think spending $70 every couple of months for a whole new watch and band is an acceptable approach. I will NEVER buy any timex again, and I would strongly advise anyone NOT to get these devices. They are a flat out waste -- oh, unless you only want it for the watch. It's a decent enough watch, but the HRM is worthless!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2013 10:05 PM PDT