Profile for J. Shu > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Shu RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Delta T17285-H2O Grail Monitor 17 Series Shower Trim, Chrome
Delta T17285-H2O Grail Monitor 17 Series Shower Trim, Chrome

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice item, works great, April 19, 2013
I was a little worried when this didn't come in the original box and it looked like it came from an airport facility lost and found. However all the parts were there with instructions and it works great holding temperature steady. At about half the retail cost who can complain.

Zeetron Headphone Audio Jack Flex Cable for Iphone 4S Black + 7 Piece Opening Tool Kit + Zeetron Microfiber Cloth (9 Piece Kit)
Offered by Zeetron
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy fix if you're careful, April 19, 2013
I like fixing things and it took about an hour to do the job. Definitely much less time and cost than sending it out for repair. I suggest printing out or having the step by step instructions (on the web) on a screen near you, and a long tray or magnet tray to hold all the parts in the same order they come out. The screws are sooooo small but it was a fun project and I'd do it again if needed. If you're not that handy and have a repair shop near you, I'd suggest you do that instead.

Velo Attune VL 849 Grips with Memory Foam: Black
Velo Attune VL 849 Grips with Memory Foam: Black
Offered by Bicycle Outfitters Indy
Price: $16.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not quite ergo, September 22, 2012
These look a little funny, like your bike is a bull, but I'd be fine with the looks if they felt as comfortable as they sound.
The memory foam pad is in a useless spot. The only way for your palm to touch the foam is to angle the 'horns' so they're horizontal. Most people angle them up for comfort and climbing.
Worst is that the tube underneath the grip is plastic and is only held at the ends with clamps. If you put any amount of torque on the 'horn' the plastic tube cracks. The grip stays together, but is now weaker and twists more.
I'm putting my old standard grips back on.

Delta T17238-H2O Lahara Monitor 17 Series Shower Trim, Chrome
Delta T17238-H2O Lahara Monitor 17 Series Shower Trim, Chrome
Price: $100.77
11 used & new from $100.77

5.0 out of 5 stars nice item, July 15, 2012
Nice item. I was a little skeptical when the item didn't arrive in the original packaging and said "FedEx Return Center" on it, but all the parts were there including the instructions and it installed perfectly. This is the second one of these I've bought and I like the large shower head and the thermostatic feature works nicely. This item is also much cheaper than anything new.

Shop Fox W1733A Downdraft Table 20-Inch by 40-Inch
Shop Fox W1733A Downdraft Table 20-Inch by 40-Inch
Price: $159.00
3 used & new from $158.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Dust be gone? not exactly, April 12, 2012
I have a 1.5HP dust collector that pulls 1500CFM and has two 4" ports. The downdraft table is inset into a workbench, one of the 4" ports is connected to this, and the other can be used for secondary suction. I use this table for light sanding and also some chop-saw work when the weather isn't nice out.

With something like this you always envision gobs of dust getting whisked away and ultra-clean air. However the reality is that when I'm sanding, the downdraft does help, but a thin layer of dust ends up across the room, and in my nostrils. It was this fine dust that I was hoping to be rid of. When chop-sawing, I put a large cardboard box over the table and put an additional 4" port in the box, and a bit of dust does escape, but the chop saw does stir up a bit of air movement so no surprise there.

I do see little particles of dust being drawn to the table, however only the dust above the table. A bit of dust settles around the table and a bit of dust settles in between the vents so that when you're done you need to brush the table with the dust collector on.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 8, 2014 2:55 AM PDT

Aidacase Attache Keycase with Laptop Style Keyboard for iPad 2 (Compatible with New iPad - iPad 3)
Offered by AIDA Commercial Group
Price: $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice case/keyboard, April 12, 2012
great case for an IPad3, which I have, or an IPad2, which my wife has. Either IPad slides easily into the case, no crowbar or greasing required. Cutouts in case for volume, charger, headphone, etc.. Bluetooth connected easily after charging up the keyboard with the USB charger.

Cons:
Keys are a little small for touch typing, and I keep hitting \ instead of the Enter key, but I'm slowy adjusting.

Pros:
Huge advantages over the IPad on-screen keyboard. The IPad recognizes when the keyboard is in use, and the on-screen keyboard disappears. In some apps, you need to activate a keyboard button in order to use the keyboard (Teamviewer, e.g.). Love having the TAB button, arrow keys, enter button, and many others right at my fingertips.
Keyboard goes to sleep quickly to save battery life, and turns on almost instantly, batteries last a long time, still going on several days of intermittent use on a full charge.
Actually two viewing angles, the standard one, plus resting the edge above the number keys for viewing from a higher angle.

NETGEAR N600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Router (WNDR3400)
NETGEAR N600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Router (WNDR3400)
Price: $69.99
166 used & new from $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, January 1, 2011
I love the Netgear routers and this worked flawlessly. If you ever need to create fixed IP addresses, Netgear always shows you MAC addresses of any attached devices and easily lets you set up fixed IP addresses.

I don't have any N-wireless devices so I can't comment on that, but the G has good range and security is good for our 6+ wireless devices in our house.

Hey Mr. Green: Sierra Magazine's Answer Guy Tackles Your Toughest Green Living Questions
by Bob Schildgen
Price: $13.46
110 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Hardly a reference, August 29, 2010
This is just folksy wisdom. Schildgen is merely a middle man, trying to disseminate information that he's gathered somewhere, maybe wikipedia or google. Don't get this if you want numbers or scientific information. Sure he gives numbers, but often relative to nothing tangible.
He advises people where to buy or not buy their gasoline, but knows nothing about how little this effects the bottom line of the oil company.
Don't expect much more than advice from an advice column in a small-town newspaper.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2011 3:02 PM PST

Apple 1st Gen iPhone Premium Leather Flip Carrying Case with Rotating Belt Clip BLACK

1.0 out of 5 stars Works, could be better, not durable, November 27, 2009
I've used this holster for about a five months on my belt and my rating keeps going down.
I carry my iphone usually in the horizontal position but the rotating clip is wearing out and won't stay horizontal. After 4 months the 'leather' on the clip is wearing through, so the clip jams when I try to clip it onto a belt. A plastic clip would be much more durable and might solve both the wear and rotating problem.
Would be nice to have a magnetic clip instead of the snap to close the cover.
Also would be nice if the store offered a way to punch out the earpiece to work with the iphone. It covers the sensor near the earpiece, as well as the speaker/microphone at the base.
I cut mine out but it looks a little ragged

still the best holder I've seen just not perfect

Waste King L-8000 Legend Series 1.0-Horsepower Continuous-Feed Garbage Disposal
Waste King L-8000 Legend Series 1.0-Horsepower Continuous-Feed Garbage Disposal
Price: $124.99
57 used & new from $86.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, great price, May 18, 2009
Nice disposal, much quieter than our old GE 3/4 HP. Took about 10 minutes to install in our stainless sink.

The sink ring is a slightly cheap looking stainless, but other than that, it's a high quality disposal. Got the 1hp version for the lifetime warranty, but I'll probably never need to use it.

Page: 1 | 2