Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for Brian Darrow > Reviews

Browse

Brian Darrow's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brian Darrow RSS Feed

Kebelo M-CD2 Universal Magnetic CD Slot Car Mount Holder for Ipad , Smartphone and GPS
Offered by kebelodirect
Price: $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, versatile mount, March 7, 2016
This mount fits into the CD player slot. A turn screw expands the width of the mount until it fits snugly. It comes with an adhesive plate that attaches to the back of a phone or tablet. This allows the phone or tablet to magnetically attach to the mount. The mount rotates easily over several different axes and the resistance of this mechanism can be adjusted by hand to hold the tablet or phone in a fixed location. I've been using this for about a month now, and it suits my needs perfectly.

Duolingo: Learn Languages Free
Duolingo: Learn Languages Free

5.0 out of 5 stars Great free app, January 28, 2016
I've already learned the basics in just 15 minutes a day for two days. I've got a long way to go before I'm fluent, but this fun app makes learning German as simple as one could possibly expect. I'm retaining a lot more than I did by sitting in class for an hour a day in high school.

My Cocktail Bar
My Cocktail Bar

5.0 out of 5 stars Large list of cocktails and ingredients, January 3, 2016
This review is from: My Cocktail Bar (App)
Finally, an app that gives you recipes for the ingredients on hand. It comes with a large list of cocktails and ingredients but also allows you to add your own custom cocktails and ingredients.

What Is Data Science?
What Is Data Science?

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what the title says, December 27, 2015
This book won't make you a data scientist, but in about 30 minutes of reading, it will allow you to speak intelligently about the subject at a cocktail party. More importantly, it's a fantastic overview of data science and it provides copious links and references to more in depth information. If you are interested in data science but don't have a clue where to start, this book is for you.

Machine Learning Basics
Machine Learning Basics
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent overview, December 27, 2015
This short book gives a decent overview of the various machine learning algorithms. The examples often lose themselves in quickly defined notations. If you are used to mathematical notations, this fact will not bother you. If you aren't you will likely find the examples confusing.

Pocket Hose Ultra 50ft Expandable Garden Hose Amber Tip
Pocket Hose Ultra 50ft Expandable Garden Hose Amber Tip
Offered by A-Prime Sales
Price: $19.99
40 used & new from $14.55

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice concept, but can't handle the pressure when used with a nozzle, August 8, 2014
At first, this hose was the greatest hose I had ever owned. Unfortunately, I was using it with a nozzle about 3 weeks after I bought it and it exploded right in the middle of the hose. I thought it was a fluke, but I bought two and the second one exploded in the same way two days later. Until that problem is fixed, I can't recommend this product to anyone.

Building a Healthy Lawn: A Safe and Natural Approach
Building a Healthy Lawn: A Safe and Natural Approach
by Stuart Franklin
67 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine book for anyone interested in a nice lawn, August 17, 2000
I was quite starved for information to help me repair drought damage to my front lawn as well as seed a new lawn from scratch in the backyard. I read the book from cover to cover quite quickly and I feel somewhat enlightened. The concepts put forth by Stuart et al for maintaining a healthy lawn are quite simple to understand and execute. Each aspect from choosing a grass type to how to effectively seed and then eventually maintain your lawn is covered in detail in its own chapter. One aspect of the book which I particularly enjoyed was the explanations of exactly what you need to do to cause problems in your yard. I think sometimes its just as important to be informed how to to screw up as it is to do things right. Sometimes people can accidently kill their lawns without the knowledge of exactly what they are doing wrong. The book covers the functions of different chemical approaches to lawn care, but maintains that natural care is the most cost effective and safest way to maintain a lawn in the long term. I was very impressed by the book, and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Build A Kids' Play Yard
Build A Kids' Play Yard
by Jeff Beneke
108 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Good in some aspects, but lacking in others., August 2, 2000
If you are looking for a book which features plans for multiple types of play yards, then this is not the book for you. The book does have some redeming features, however. The first couple of chapters discuss basics such as useful tools, pros and cons of different materials, and standard safety practices. It was these first few chapters which I found very useful as I began to design a play yard for my children. The rest of the book describes how to build the play yard featured on the book's cover. If you're looking for a solid, fun play yard and don't have creative aspirations of your own, then the featured play yard is, indeed, very functioanl and fun. If, however, you're looking for many different styles and ideas to incorporate into your own design, then look elsewhere. Overall, the book was a good starting point to learn more about what goes into a play yard.