Profile for Lorelei Cress > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lorelei Cress RSS Feed (Loma Linda, CA United States)

Man Meets Stove: A cookbook for men who've never cooked anything without a microwave.
by Thomas Jacques
Price: $13.46
15 used & new from $11.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious AND useful!, December 5, 2012
A highly entertaining starter cookbook for your boyfriend/husband/brother/son/father/uncle/grandpa/etc. - whether they can't cook an egg to save their lives or just want to hone their skills in the kitchen. Although clearly written for men, this cookbook is a great resource for an amateur cook of either gender. If you are interested in a cooking "how to" book and don't mind (or even enjoy) a little raunchy guy humor, this is the book for you. I bought one for my husband for Father's Day, and we both love it!

Revlon Straightener - 1 Inch
Revlon Straightener - 1 Inch
Offered by The Purple Kitten Boutique
Price: $20.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous!, August 16, 2010
This item was recommended to me by a stylist in the beauty supply store/salon who said she had owned one herself and loved it. Excited to use it for the first time, I plugged it in this morning and per the instructions, set it to a low setting (the dial goes to 30 - I set it at 5) and let it heat up while brushing my teeth. Within 30 seconds, I started smelling an awful smell - and looked down to see the flat iron smoking. The blades had gotten so hot that they melted their own housing. I don't know if this is a malfunction just on the one iron I happened to pick out, or a commonly reported problem with this product - but mine is definitely not usable, and I will be forced to return it to the store (unfortunately 40 miles away) as soon as possible. :(

Twin Cinema
Twin Cinema
Price: $10.69
82 used & new from $0.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Beatles meets The Kinks . . ., March 18, 2006
This review is from: Twin Cinema (Audio CD)
Twin Cinema is pop, punk and rock woven together into a very interesting (and fun to listen to) album. Several different singers and styles lend enjoyable variety, and many of the tunes are so catchy they stay with you (in a good way--not akin to "It's a Small World"). I didn't feel that the end of the album was as strong as the beginning, but it's still growing on me, so I may change my mind.

Underneath the Stars
Underneath the Stars
Price: $16.79
19 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just discovered Kate, March 18, 2006
This review is from: Underneath the Stars (Audio CD)
I'm a singer myself, and therefore very picky about voices. Kate's sultry voice easily transitions from lilting, playful sea shanties to haunting, soulful ballads. Her pitch and timing are flawless, and her sense of style is unique and winning. The title track is a standout (and her own composition). I would highly recommend her to anyone who enjoys a song well sung.

Rachael Ray 365: No Repeats--A Year of Deliciously Different Dinners (A 30-Minute Meal Cookbook)
by Rachael Ray
Price: $15.27
969 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Mom with very little time to cook, March 18, 2006
As the mother of a one-year-old who's beginning to want to eat what Mommy and Daddy are eating (until now, too often fast food), I decided I'd better get into the habit of cooking at home. Since I work full-time, the idea of 30-minute meals had a lot of appeal. The recipes I've tried so far were delicious, but I was disappointed that, even with help in the kitchen, none of them has taken only 30 minutes to prepare--they've usually taken an hour or so. I'm not completely inexperienced in the kitchen, so I don't think it's just me being slow . . . maybe Rachel's prep is lightning fast. Also, the recipes are very gourmet, and many call for ingredients that you might not be able to find at your local grocery store. Guess I'll still have to do some more searching for true 30-minute meals (if they exist!).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2013 12:23 AM PST