Profile for S. Mcdaniel > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 49

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Mcdaniel "life explorer" RSS Feed (GA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
God is Dead Volume 1 TP
God is Dead Volume 1 TP
by Jonathan Hickman
Price: $14.07
63 used & new from $9.98

1.0 out of 5 stars It was a waste of time, really. Thankfully it didn't take much or cost too much., December 3, 2014
Intriguing premise, promising author, covers looked cool!
The story and art? Reminded me of the 90's - in a bad way: too many bulging muscles, violence without point and without a plot to effectively connect it, blatant sexism which didn't fit the theme: just wooooo boobies because women! (and I don't even mean 'women in comic books wear revealing clothing' but emphasis on 'women are there for men's sex), and the sort of DragonBallZ power accelleration: the next thing you see is even MORE powerful just because! And the gods we like can just punch or rip apart other gods like a MMA match - forget different attacks - just bulging muscles (or cats!)

Gardex Leaf Scoops
Gardex Leaf Scoops
Price: $7.95
32 used & new from $4.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Made raking leaves so much easier, January 12, 2014
This review is from: Gardex Leaf Scoops (Lawn & Patio)
Always for me the toughest part about the raking leaves thing is getting them in the damned lawn bags - you know, the tall paper ones? Ugh. But this easily cut the time and effort in half for that portion of the chore. The fiancee proclaimed them the "best $12 I've ever spent" - but she's forgetting that back alley in Thailand, of course.

Noble Mount Mens Premium Knit Lounge/Sleep Pants - Charcoal - Medium
Noble Mount Mens Premium Knit Lounge/Sleep Pants - Charcoal - Medium
Offered by NVie Designs

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, warm enough, has pockets!, January 12, 2014
Really, that's all I wanted. When wandering around trynig to make coffee on cold winter mornings, this helps me not lose the jewels in the meantime. Plus I have to carry my smartphone with me everywhere. EVERYWHERE! And mylast set of sleep pants had no pockets. So win.win;.win.

Dusty Rainbow From The Dark
Dusty Rainbow From The Dark
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's wonderful, with a side note., January 12, 2014
This is a great journey - my first exposure through his music. and well worth buying outright, even in a world of growing streaming music. If this is put on, it's going to be a good evening.

However, I'd love a variation release which didn't have the narration. It's not a criticism of the work as it stands, but I think it can be seen in new dimensions as instrumental alone. Just my 2cents.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2014 7:17 AM PST

Alex Stevens Men's Santasaurus Rex Ugly Christmas Sweater
Alex Stevens Men's Santasaurus Rex Ugly Christmas Sweater
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories and Trauma, treasured forever, October 15, 2013
When I was a kid, we'd usually go to grandma and grandpa's place for Christmas. No rivers or woods to go over or through, just straight down the interstate until you saw strip club signs, often proclaiming their state of "Butt Naked"ness, for which we did not judge as good Christians. There'd be several opportunities for snacks, such as jerky or pecan logs. I would later learn that we were conceived here, much to our surprise (and dad's!).
When we'd get to their place, pop-pop would have a fire going and granny would have hot buttered rum waiting for us for when we were 21, because alcohol is not appropriate for children. We'd sing our favorite carols, watch the Star Wars Christmas Special and listen intently as Uncle Robert cried about losing the Civil War. Finally, we'd all go to sleep, eagerly awaiting what Santa would bring in the darkest hours of the night.
One year, when I was nine or so, we decided to sneak down and see if we could catch that jolly ol' elf in the act, In Flagrante Gifto, as granny would say (about Uncle Robert). Tip toe tip toe down the hall, through the coal chute, across the border and into the living room, where we heard a stirring and a rustling, as if things magical were afoot. Little did we know that several things we learned in "school" about "science" were thrown into disarray as instead of a fat old man, there was a T-rex! strewing presents around the room, munching on the allosaurus steaks we had set out (which, in hindsight, should have been a hint), and shrieking wildly. Oh my! What a Christmas surprise!
It spotted us, and we ran, but Jenny was not the quickest kid around. I still miss her, even though I got to open some of her presents that year.
This sweater is like a living memorial to Jenny, so I wear it with pride, although they all burst into tears whenever I do.
It's also itchy, just a little, and just like her. Here's to you, Jenny. Wherever you are.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2014 5:59 AM PST

He Came To Set The Captives Free
He Came To Set The Captives Free
by Rebecca Brown
Price: $13.49
112 used & new from $4.43

1.0 out of 5 stars Even the devil can quote Scripture when it serves his purposes, March 31, 2013
I read this in high school when I was full of fire and conviction you find in the intended audience of this book.
It was persuasive, and engaged the imagination quite well.
But that's where it ends in utility.
This book is fiction. It has been discredited multiple times by *Christian* organizations.
This is NO reflection on your theology or beliefs, but on the sheer dishonesty of the author.
Do minimal research and discover the truth. Google is your friend.
Look up: Satanic Ritual Abuse, Mike Warnke, moral panic, blood libel, the West Memphis Three, False Memory Syndrome, Fells Acre Day Care abuse trial.
This was part of a trend from the late 70's through early 90's of hunting down global Satanic cults which simply do not exist as depicted, even if you believe in a literal Satan that leads people astray, this book will actually make your understanding of spiritual warfare *worse*.
Whatever damage you imagine 'real Satanists' may do, these false flag Christians do much more to drive people away and cause real, lasting harm to not only the Christian community but society at large.

Finstock Red Crab Laplander Hat 73629
Finstock Red Crab Laplander Hat 73629
Offered by Hobby Hunters
Price: $10.56
2 used & new from $10.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Laplander Crab Hat I've Ever Bought, March 21, 2013
It must be emphasized, once again, that the natural general principle that will subsume this case is necessary to impose an interpretation on problems of phonemic and morphological analysis. Of course, the descriptive power of the base component is not to be considered in determining the levels of acceptability from fairly high (eg (99a)) to virtual gibberish (eg (98d)). It appears that this analysis of a formative as a pair of sets of features suffices to account for a general convention regarding the forms of the grammar. A consequence of the approach just outlined is that this selectionally introduced contextual feature delimits a stipulation to place the constructions into these various categories. It may be, then, that most of the methodological work in modern linguistics does not readily tolerate a descriptive fact. All of this to say, I felt like a crab when I wore it and it was beautiful.

Alex Stevens Men's Henley Jersey, Black Tie, Medium
Alex Stevens Men's Henley Jersey, Black Tie, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right for what I needed., November 11, 2012
This is a great base for a casual outfit as the weather turns cooler. It's not too thick, is simultaneously soft but durably built, and it falls on my body in a flattering way. Also matches nicely with some black long-johns with the crotch cut out when I'm doing a home theater production of The Magic Flute.

Case-Mate Screen Pro 2 Pack Screen Protection for iPhone 4 (Anti-Glare) (Fits AT&T iPhone)
Offered by Myma enterprises
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $12.00

2.0 out of 5 stars The main part was made useless by packaging, January 17, 2012
I picked this up at a local (major telecom company)'s store, since smudging on the screen bugged me and I needed a new microfiber cloth for the iPhone and my sunglasses in the car. I opened it and there were stickers affixed to the screen films. I carefully tried to lift them off and instead they left about half the thickness of the sticker adhered to the film. Past that, I couldn't get the remaining sticker material off without creasing the film.

But at least I got a very small microfiber cloth out of it.

Philips D4R Xenon HID Headlight Bulb, Pack of 1
Philips D4R Xenon HID Headlight Bulb, Pack of 1
Price: $54.04
2 used & new from $41.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Because the price for the Official Bulbs are insane, November 30, 2011
I had one of my Prius headlights replaced for around $180 with a trusted local mechanic.
When the other one went out, it struck me that I might be able to find a better deal myself.
Sure enough - on Amazon! - this bulb for $48! The mechanic told me his wholesale cost for the Official Bulb was $116.
Wacky, right? He put it in for me, only charging an hour's worth of labor.
So I saved a bunch, even with someone doing the work for me!
It works great and I never have to feel nervous when crossing paths with a cop car at night!

Thanks Amazon and Phillips!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5