Profile for M. Zolikoff > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 55

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Zolikoff RSS Feed (Ann Arbor, MI United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Divergent
Divergent
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Ugh..., August 1, 2014
This review is from: Divergent (Kindle Edition)
I'm not sure when this was written in relation to the Hunger Games, but it comes off as an HG-wannabe, albeit more convoluted, less imaginative, and less engaging. I've tried three times to get through it but keep going "UGH!" after 10 pages, continually let down by mediocre dialogue, imagery, and character development. Comparatively speaking, I made it through the Hunger Games on a 4 hour plane ride (and the subsequent two books in the same amount of time each). Just thinking about this makes me go UGH again...

RJ45 / RJ11 Cable Sharing Kit - Connecting your Ethernet and Telephone lines by One Network Cable
Offered by Dualcomm
Price: $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a charm, August 1, 2014
I was a bit hesitant to purchase these due to the price, but darn if they didn't work just as expected and only took a few minutes to install (i.e. a lot cheaper and faster than running a separate wire / translation: worth the price. Hook them up at both ends and voila: a phone and ethernet signal over the same wire.

TYC 800005P Toyota Replacement Cabin Air Filter
TYC 800005P Toyota Replacement Cabin Air Filter
Price: $5.96
14 used & new from $4.21

5.0 out of 5 stars 2008 Toyota Prius - 2 minute change process, August 1, 2014
It took me about 2 minutes to replace this filter (you should have seen the old one). By far the cheapest and easiest item to replace in a maintenance checklist. And at this price, you could buy 5 and have them ready when you need them.

JVC HAEBX5S Inner Ear Sports Clip Headphones (Silver)
JVC HAEBX5S Inner Ear Sports Clip Headphones (Silver)
Offered by Focus Corp
Price: $9.99
9 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, August 1, 2014
I have larger ears, so the default silicone inserts work just fine (I'm not even certain where the others are). I LOVE having music with me again when I run or bike. One note to the manufacturer: STOP with the packaging. I almost cut my fingers off trying to get these out of the package. Seriously!

Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $59.99
8 used & new from $32.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Works "ok" (setup: 2008 Prius, iPhone 5S), July 3, 2014
I'd love to give this device a 4-5 star rating, but there are a few too many quirks to warrant such a rating.

1) If you're listening to music and receive a phone call, and opt to use your phone instead of the BTC450 for the call, then 50+% of the time the music app will resume playing to "nowhere" after the call is complete. Meaning: it won't automatically reconnect back to the BTC450 and start streaming music. The Music app will be playing, but you won't hear anything out of the phone OR the BTC450. To fix this, you have to instigate a call (while driving, i.e. dangerous) and change the source to the BTC450, then immediately hang up, THEN start the music app playing again. This is the MOST annoying aspect of this device.

2) You can't choose whether you want to stream audio only or phone calls; it's all or nothing. If I could, then issue #1 wouldn't be an issue.

3) The center button "Siri" button doesn't work as well as expected, so much that I rarely use it. You have to press the button for a good 3+ seconds, and then the "Siri" sound (and subsequent response) is faint as compared to the volume of music, so you either can't hear Siri or you have to crank up the volume, after which your music volume uber loud.

Some other clarifications (but not major annoyances):

* the BTC will automatically reconnect to your phone, but the connect tones are nondescript, meaning: there isn't a positive "up" tone that says "Hey, I connected, it's all good!". It just beeps and boops and you're left to wonder: did it connect, or did it not connect? Oh well, just push the play/pause button and see what happens. If that's the case, why the beeps in the first place???

* while the BTC will automatically reconnect, it will NOT automatically start playing music. Not an annoyance, just a clarification.

* the microphone for hands-free calling is OK, but not great. So, meh.

* this is an iOS issue, but sometimes the phone will stop broadcasting music information over Bluetooth (I have a Pebble watch and the watch will say "No Music Found", so it's not a BTC issue). Because of this, you'll have to manually start the Music app, which defeats the purpose of this device. So yeah, more meh.

Coleman Grill and Grill-Stove Carry Case
Coleman Grill and Grill-Stove Carry Case
Offered by Red's Gear
Price: $37.42
4 used & new from $32.00

1.0 out of 5 stars No pouches for grill plate, gas line, or (optional) griddle, June 19, 2014
This case ONLY holds the grill itself and two propane tanks. No one mentioned the following in their reviews (so to be fair my dissatisfaction is my own fault), but I was expecting dividers, sleeves or pouches to hold the grill plate, gas line, and optional griddle; no such luck. I had to put the grill plate inside the grill (and listen to it rattle around while I carry it), cut up an old towel for my (optional) griddle and lay it flat against the top side of the grill, and use two old socks for the gas line and store it in my misc camping box lest it get bent in the case. All in all, this is a basic bag that does NOT properly and conveniently stow all of the parts of the grill. Very disappointed.

Campbell Mfg Llc 1.5" Quietsump Chk Valve B-0823-15C Well Supply Accessories
Campbell Mfg Llc 1.5" Quietsump Chk Valve B-0823-15C Well Supply Accessories
Offered by SJS Commercial
Price: $19.92
9 used & new from $13.25

5.0 out of 5 stars HO. LEE. COW. It actually worked..., May 31, 2014
This (http://smile.amazon.com/Glentronics-Inc-KCV-Basement-Klunkless/dp/B001BUBCKA) was the previously installed check valve, and it certainly wasn't "klunkless". In fact, it was "klunkful", producing a sharp and irritating THUMP! at the end of every drain cycle.

The Campbell valve is meant to be glued into place, but I opted to use 2"-to-1.5" rubber couplers to temporarily install it to see if it worked. Note: if you use couplers, tighten each end of the valve FIRST before installing, and leave 1-2 millimeters between each coupler and the tightening rings just in case you need to loosen/tighten after installing. Second note: knowing what I know now, I would have simply glued it in place instead of using couplers, but I wanted to be sure that it worked before doing something that would prevent me from returning it.

After a few false starts I got this puppy installed and WOW. The pump runs as it normally does, but at the end of each cycle, the spring-loaded flapper inside the valve simply closes. No thump, no fuss, it- just- works.

5/5 would buy again.

Pwr+® Battery for Dewalt Dw9091, Dw9094, Dc9091, Dc9144, De9038, De9091, De9092; Dc Series Dc612ka, Dc728ka, Dc730ka, Dc833ka, Dc835ka, Dc930ka, Dcd930kx; Dw Series Dw054k-2 Dw055k-2 Dw906 Dw918 Dw935; Black and Decker Ps140 Extra Capacity 14.4v 2Ah
Offered by PWR+
Price: $29.90
2 used & new from $27.90

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe I didn't buy this sooner, May 28, 2014
I purchased this July 2013. I *JUST* charged it for the second time since then, and it's used at least 3 times a week. Crazy crazy capacity, much better than the stock battery that came with the drill. I hope I don't have to replace it for a long time, but when I do, I'm buying another one.

K&N 33-2329 High Performance Replacement Air Filter
K&N 33-2329 High Performance Replacement Air Filter
Offered by Titan Direct
Price: $44.59
56 used & new from $38.50

5.0 out of 5 stars 2008 Prius - Real results or placebo effect?, May 7, 2014
Update (purchased May 3, updated review on May 28): yes, this filter actually DOES increase horsepower AND MPGs. Would buy again, except that I don't need to! Best money I've spent in a while.

... it's hard to tell, but this filter really does seem to increase horsepower and smooth out acceleration. Granted, I only took it for a spin up and down the street, but darn if my Prius didn't have a bit more pep in its step. Once I get a few more drives in, I'll submit an updated review. Note: this isn't a simple "take out of the package and install" process. You have to clean the entire filter housing, (which, depending on your attention to detail can take 20 minutes like it did me), then install a sticky-backed gasket. And of course, there's the sticker for the top of the housing to tell oil change techs to keep their mitts off...

Cutequeen White 31mm(1.25") 12-SMD 12V Festoon Dome Light LED Bulbs DE3175 DE3021 DE3022 3175(pack of 4)
Offered by autocarstore
Price: $5.49

3.0 out of 5 stars 2008 Prius - dome and trunk/cargo lights, May 7, 2014
I'm sure these lights work perfectly in other vehicles, but in a 2008 Prius they're a TIGHT fit. I almost gave up on the dome light, but I figured "If I break one I have three more, so..."

Having measured the available space in both the dome (DE3175) and cargo (DE3022) housings, I purchased these based on the picture (4 LEDs long, 3 LEDs wide) and the dimensions (15mm wide). The bulbs I received were 4x4 LEDs and almost 30mm (twice as) wide. So, yeah, I really had to jam them into both the dome and cargo receptacles.

They work fine and are pretty bright, but I had to bend the contacts a bit. So, we'll see.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6