Profile for Pins, Needles, & Hooks > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Pins, Needles, & Hooks RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
New War Order (Barcode Book 3)
New War Order (Barcode Book 3)
Price: $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, May 1, 2015
not at all appropriate for teens.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2015 9:02 AM PDT

SuperChalks White Liquid Chalk Marker Pen - 3mm Fine Tip - Brilliant Bold White Color
Offered by PrecisionKitchenware
Price: $5.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, May 1, 2015
Love the fine tip, delivers every time.

DynastyMattress- Twin Therapeutic Deluxe 10" with Cool AirFlow HD Memory Foam Mattress with High Quality Visco-Elastic Memory Foam, with FREE Pillow!
Offered by DYNASTY MATTRESS, INC.
Price: $189.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, May 1, 2015
My severely arthritic mother, who's had back surgery and both knees replaced, Loves her new mattress!

Tailor Sewing Inseam Tape Measure with Crotch Piece - 72" - 10pk
Tailor Sewing Inseam Tape Measure with Crotch Piece - 72" - 10pk
Offered by Tapegate DBA Perfect Measuring Tape Co
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars appreciate having a professional tape for my client's inseams., May 1, 2015
appreciate having a professional tape for my client's inseams.

Amazon Local Register Secure Card Reader, Includes FREE Two-Day Shipping, $10 New Account Credit
Price: $10.00

3.0 out of 5 stars I like it, sort of., December 10, 2014
Had to remove my Otter Box case in order for the pin to go completely into the phone and thus open the app and work.
Of course, then, Murphy's Law took over ---dropped my phone.

haven't figured out yet how to tally my inventory if I've received cash for payment either.

Hagen 18-Pack Catit Drinking Fountain Replacement Filters for Pets
Hagen 18-Pack Catit Drinking Fountain Replacement Filters for Pets
Offered by Monster Pets
Price: $34.87
4 used & new from $34.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, when I needed it., February 19, 2013
So what does one do when their cat fountain is no longer produced and the filters are no longer available locally?....Go to Amazon, of course! I have a PetIt cat fountain, love it, and this is the second time I've purchased the filters from Amazon. I get 18 months worth of filters for an inexpensive cost, shipped to me in my pjs. :-)

Sentence of Marriage (Promises to Keep Book 1)
Sentence of Marriage (Promises to Keep Book 1)
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Where's the happy ending?, June 11, 2012
I don't know about you but I need the happy ending in my stories. This book doesn't have that at all. It's harsh on the mani character, all the way through with only a few light moments thrown in. I was pretty disappointed in it.

The Reiver (A Scottish Border Romance)
The Reiver (A Scottish Border Romance)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars my only problem was,..i wanted a longer story!, June 5, 2012
my only problem was,..i wanted a longer story! Sorry, can't type more....had hand surgery. loved the characters, time period, the tension was quite warm,thank you, and the story had plenty of twists!

The Search (Lancaster County Secrets) (Volume 3)
The Search (Lancaster County Secrets) (Volume 3)
by Suzanne Woods Fisher
Price: $13.48
219 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Teen/Tween Read, January 18, 2011
I haven't read an Amish book for many years, mainly because I'd let life get in the way of my reading obsession for a bit, so when I had the opportunity to try out an author that's new to me, Suzanne Woods Fisher, I jumped on it. My own protestant beliefs parallel the Amish beliefs of family, order, and living a life for God in everything we do, so I enjoy learning more about their lives and beliefs. Thanks for the copy Revell Publishing but this opinion is my own. ;-)

This is really a 2-in-1 story about two young ladies from seemingly different worlds but they share a connection. I liked to see the characters themselves, and those around them, grow spiritually as they discover the secrets and connection that each have. Bess is a young teen, while Lainey is in her early 20's. This book is perfect for a young teen (or even a tween if reading is her obsession). The Search will help broaden a teen's perspective on family dynamics, forgiveness and healing, especially if the discussion questions in the back are used.

I especially liked Bertha Riehl or Bess' Mammi. I come from a Germanic heritage also and what is seen by so many to be a crusty, conniving old lady is actually the wise, loving gem in the bunch--kind of like a hearty loaf of bread with a heavy crust.

[...] is a trailer for the book.
Available January 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

Surrender The Heart (Surrender to Destiny)
Surrender The Heart (Surrender to Destiny)
by M. L. Tyndall
Price: $11.12
91 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of High Seas Adventure--Great Read!, January 16, 2011
OK, any book that makes me stay up til 0500 is a good book.
I. Am. NOT. A. Night. Owl. This point cannot be overstated.

This story is full of twists and turns, a hint of a spiritual attack, just when you think it's all over for Marianne, another chapter (maddeningly) takes you off to another adventure- one with Noah. He could be my new hero--so...wow, what adjective to put here?

I love American history, Errol Flynn (Captain Blood), and you, too MaryLu Tyndall!

I have a confession to make. With the holidays, a sick child, and working extra shifts, I'd forgotten to post my review. I realized it when I sat down to review Surrender the Heart's sequel, Surrender the Night, which is also and amazing account of our forefather's courage during the War of 1812. So I picked it up thinking I'll skim through to refresh my memory-no chance- I ended up reading it cover to cover again--and so will you.This book had me crying, giggling, and heart thump-th-thumping. If I were to add anything to this book, it would've been more romance, without giving out a spoiler, at the end.

If the real battles of our War of Independence or War of 1812 were anything like the battles in this book then, I am in even more awe of our awesome country's founders .....and I am always in awe of their courage and what they sacrificed. We all have a reason for being on this planet, our only charge is to allow God to tell us what that is and then have the courage to carry it out...'for such a time as this.'

Thanks to NetGalley for my ecopy but remember, this review is mine alone.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4