Profile for meymoon > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 41

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

meymoon RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Velocity Boards Retro Cruiser Complete 22" Banana Skateboard w/ Aluminum Trucks, Fast ABEC-7 Bearings, High Quality Wheels & Bushings (Camo)
Offered by Airsoft Joe
Price: $68.95
2 used & new from $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool!, June 25, 2015
This board is absolutely awesome! It's very retro and cool looking in my opinion. Because it's retro, its much narrower than todays boards, but that is absolutely the point. I also love the colors it comes in.

The deck is quite sturdy and well made, the wheels are quiet and very functional, Overall, it looks and feels like a very well made board. My son and his friends love it, especially given the retro theme. They thinks it's quite cool.

I received a sample for review.

Apple Watch Strap, Premium Genuine Leather Replacement Watchband with Secure Metal Clasp, Apple iWatch Band Leather Strap Wrist Band Classic Buckle for Apple Watch & Sport & Edition (MM598) (Black 42mm)
Offered by iVAPO US
Price: $28.90
3 used & new from $28.41

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, June 23, 2015
I think this product is just ok but once you factor in the price, then it's a good buy. Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:

1. I like the color. It's not a weird brown, it's a nice chocolate that looks good.
2. It is soft enough where it doesn't rub on your wrist to bother it or anything.
3. It fits the watch ok. It's not like it's going to fall off or anything.

Cons:

1. It doesn't feel like leather even though it's supposed to be. It feels more like plastic to me.
2. The fit isn't perfect. It fits fine but not like the real thing.
3. I don't like at all, the rose colored clasp. It clashes with the whole look.

It's a good band if you're looking for a bargain. Given that it's only $30 and most other straps start at $100, it's a good buy if you're bargain hunting.

I received a sample for review

Hudson Stainless Steel Measuring Cups - Metal Dry Measure Cup - Includes 6 Sizes - Stackable for Easy Storage - Home Kitchen Tools - Best Cooking & Baking Utensils
Offered by Deluxe Essentials
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $15.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, well made, convenient and very precise, June 21, 2015
I like a lot of things about this product:

1. It looks cool: It has an old school feel to it. I know that doesn't mean much to a lot of people, but for me, the way things look makes a big difference in whether i like a product or not. These look good.

2. They are very substantial. I get sent a lot of products and some are so cheaply made, it's laughable. This one is certainly not in that category. They are stainless steel and they are substantial. They didn't skimp and make these too thin or anything strange. They feel good in your hands.

3. I love that it has a 2/3 cup and 3/4 cup. I know you can just use your 1/3 cup two times or your 1/4 cup three times and get the same results, but it's great that it's all there and you can get the exact measurement you want in one quick movement.

4. Speaking of exact measurement, I read another review saying these weren't accurate. I own the stainless steel set from Williams Sonoma and so I tested this product against that one. They were PRECISELY the same. So in my opinion, the measurements are very precise.

I liked everything about this product and can recommend it.

I received a sample for review.

enevu® CUBE: Mood & Utility LED Light. Lantern & Spotlight. White & Color Light. Compact. Splashproof. Matte Black.
Offered by EarthFair
Price: $35.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product, wish it wasn't so expensive...., June 21, 2015
I LOVE this product! First and foremost, it just looks cool. It's a well designed, cool looking block. Once you get the battery going (by removing the insert that blocks connectivity) you can turn it on. It glows a muted white, a bright white, purple, red, all sorts of colors. You can either choose to keep it on one color or have them change by themselves.

It works great indoor and outdoor. In fact, my son has put it in his treehouse and it mood lights his treehouse which is very cool. An added benefit for the younger crew is that they say it looks like a Minecraft light (since it's a perfect square!) so it's been a great hit with the kids.

It is also a hit with the adults. It's very versatile and can be used in all sorts of situations and in all sorts of places.

The reason I knocked off one star, however, is that I think it's too expensive. You can't just buy one. You need to buy a few and at $30/a pop, that's quite an investment.

I received a sample for review

Fridge-to-go Insulated Lunch Box Cooler for Kids w/Slim Ice Pack - Cools Up to 8 Hrs BPA-Free by GetBacktoBasix BLACK
Offered by GetBacktoBasix
Price: $35.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous product!, June 18, 2015
There are a lot of things to really like about this product. Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:

1. This lunch box really does keep your food nice and cold for substantial amounts of time. The claim is that it keeps food cold for 8 hours. To be honest, I have not tested it for 8 hours but I have tested it for about 5 and even after 5 hours, food comes out nice, crisp and cold. It was amazing to me!
2. The size of this lunch box is great. It's neither too small, nor too big. It's just right for my kid. It fits nicely into the backpack and yet had adequate room for a good amount of food.
3. It seems well made. It doesn't look or feel like some cheap Chinese import.
4. It's looks nice.

I can't think of any cons. It's the perfect lunchbox.

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2015 9:27 PM PDT

Yooeur Digiscoping Adapter for PH-00082 12X50 Monocular or Monocular with 39mm Viewing Diameter Included Remote Shutter (iPhone 5/5s/6/6+)
Offered by TRAFUN
Price: $15.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Good adapter, easy to use and functional, June 2, 2015
If you have the monocular that this sets fits into, this little adapter is a very good buy. It basically allows you to take close up shots of things with your cellphone.

It comes with a number of remote shutters, an adaptor and three different cases so it will fit most recent phones. The cases aren't the best quality or anything, but they do the job and frankly, it's not like you're buying this set for the quality of the case.

It is a very easy adaptor to use. You just attach the pieces and you're done.

Overall, I would say that if you bought the monocular, you may as well buy this adapter set as well.

I received a sample for review.

Mudder 2 Pack (9 Inch and 12 Inch) Heat-resistant Kitchen Locking Tongs Set Made of Food-Grade Silicone, Stainless Steel, Suitable for Cooking in Kitchen, Salad and Ice Bucket and BBQ Grilling
Offered by MudderOnline
Price: $13.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well but could work better, June 2, 2015
I think these tongs work fine but could use some improvements. Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:

1. I like that you get two different sizes. It gives you options and I like options.
2. I like how easy it is to lock them and keep them closed. It's just a simple pull and you're done.
3. I like the way they look. They look nice so you can even use them to serve salads or whatever at a dinner party.

Cons:

1. The tip which is plastic does not fit it's base very well. The tip is a bit floppy . I've seen well made ones of these and the tips are nice and tight. this isn't like that.

2. Because the tips are floppy a bit, it doesn't work as well as it should. It still works reasonably well and you can pick up all sorts of stuff with it, but if the tips fit better, the functionality would be greatly improved.

I received a sample for review.

SHIELDON Natural Genuine Leather Smart Case for iPad Air / iPad 5 (NOT for iPad Air 2), Foldable Standby Cover with Bulit-in Hidden Magnetic Closure (Auto Wake Sleep), Cognac Brown
Offered by Shieldon
Price: $79.99
3 used & new from $31.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful!, May 28, 2015
This cover is absolutely beautiful.. It is well made, soft, fits perfectly, beautiful leather, beautiful color. I love everything about the way it looks. Just a lovely cover that fits very, very well.

The issue I have is that there is no sleep function. So with my old cover, when I closed it, it would shut off the ipad. This doesn't. The ipad continues to stay on until I press the off button or until it turns off by itself after a while. If it had the sleep function, I would give it a resounding 5 stars. Without it, it's nice enough to earn 4.

I received a sample for review.

TD OFFER Super Fast Digital Food Thermometer Instant Read,auto-off ,Best Digital Meat Thermometer with Probe for Kitchen Cooking Food BBQ Meat Poultry Candy,blue
Offered by trusted offer
Price: $69.00
2 used & new from $17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Accurate and fast, May 26, 2015
This is a pretty good digital thermometer. Here are the pros and cons:

1. It's fast. It gives you a reading within the first 6-8 seconds.
2. It seems pretty accurate. When the recipe says make sure it's at "x" before removing, the meat is always cooked properly when I remove it, so I'm assuming that it's accurate.
3. Easy to use. It has a folding temperature probe that allows for both easy use and easy storage.
4. It tells you the temperature in Celsius and Fahrenheit so that if you're used to one, you don't have to do the math, you have the option to see it in either one.

Cons:

1. I'm going to reserve judgment on the durability. The body is made of plastic that doesn't seem that substantial to me so I can't tell how long it will last. It's possible that it'll last a very long time, I just don't know. But so far so good.

I received a sample for review.

ToyJoy T103 Luxury Multifunctional Smart toddler/Kids/Junior Educational Plastic Assorted Pretend Portable Toy Tools Workshop Play Set Handy Assembly Workbench with Construction Accessories (46 pieces)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the kids, May 20, 2015
Overall, I like this toy. I would give it 3 and a half stars if Amazon let me. Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:

1. It has a lot of pieces and therefore, it's great for keeping kids engaged for prolonged periods of time.
2. It has every tool kids like and so the pretend play is awesome.
3. It's a good size toy. It's quite substantial and comes in an enormous box so it makes a really good gift.
4. It does require assembly, but it's very easy to do. No problem.
5. The manufacturer claims that there are no chemicals that are hazardous to your child's health. I am not sure about that. It's plastic and plastic has chemicals that aren't great for anybody but IF the claim is in fact correct (and there is no conceivable way to check this, you just have to go on faith), then it's a big plus.

Cons:

1. The "work bench" is really low. If you have a taller kid or kids that are maybe 4 or over, I think this bench is too low and your kid has to bend down to work with it.

2. The work bench is not as steady as I would like it to be. It's not going to tip over or anything but it is a bit wobbly.

Overall, in a world filled with cheap, plastic toys, this one is a good, decent option.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20