Profile for meymoon > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

meymoon RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
TD OFFER Super Fast Digital Thermometer Instant Read,auto-off ,Best Digital Thermometer with Probe for Kitchen Cooking Food BBQ Meat Poultry Candy
Offered by trusted offer
Price: $69.00
2 used & new from $17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Accurate and fast, May 26, 2015
This is a pretty good digital thermometer. Here are the pros and cons:

1. It's fast. It gives you a reading within the first 6-8 seconds.
2. It seems pretty accurate. When the recipe says make sure it's at "x" before removing, the meat is always cooked properly when I remove it, so I'm assuming that it's accurate.
3. Easy to use. It has a folding temperature probe that allows for both easy use and easy storage.
4. It tells you the temperature in Celsius and Fahrenheit so that if you're used to one, you don't have to do the math, you have the option to see it in either one.

Cons:

1. I'm going to reserve judgment on the durability. The body is made of plastic that doesn't seem that substantial to me so I can't tell how long it will last. It's possible that it'll last a very long time, I just don't know. But so far so good.

I received a sample for review.

ToyJoy T103 Luxury Multifunctional Smart toddler/Kids/Junior Educational Plastic Assorted Pretend Portable Toy Tools Workshop Play Set Handy Assembly Workbench with Construction Accessories (46 pieces)
Offered by cvlife
Price: $60.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the kids, May 20, 2015
Overall, I like this toy. I would give it 3 and a half stars if Amazon let me. Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:

1. It has a lot of pieces and therefore, it's great for keeping kids engaged for prolonged periods of time.
2. It has every tool kids like and so the pretend play is awesome.
3. It's a good size toy. It's quite substantial and comes in an enormous box so it makes a really good gift.
4. It does require assembly, but it's very easy to do. No problem.
5. The manufacturer claims that there are no chemicals that are hazardous to your child's health. I am not sure about that. It's plastic and plastic has chemicals that aren't great for anybody but IF the claim is in fact correct (and there is no conceivable way to check this, you just have to go on faith), then it's a big plus.

Cons:

1. The "work bench" is really low. If you have a taller kid or kids that are maybe 4 or over, I think this bench is too low and your kid has to bend down to work with it.

2. The work bench is not as steady as I would like it to be. It's not going to tip over or anything but it is a bit wobbly.

Overall, in a world filled with cheap, plastic toys, this one is a good, decent option.

I received a sample for review.

Yooeur 12X50 High Powered Compact Waterproof Hand-held Monocular Telescope Spotting Scope with Mini Tripod for Bird Watching Hunting Hiking Concert Wildlife Watching
Offered by TRAFUN
Price: $67.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Well built, powerful lens, May 20, 2015
There are many things to like about this monocular:

1. It is very light weight. As a result, it's really easy to carry it around. It comes with a strap that you can use to just put around your waist, clip to a belt, etc and therefore very easy to manage.

2. Very clear lens: the viewing from this little monocular is amazing. It is incredibly crisp and clear. As others have stated, I can see this being perfect for bird watching. It does a great job of magnifying but magnifying very clearly.

3. It's waterproof: This thing is wrapped in rubber and comes with a rubber cap on both ends so that it is totally waterproof.

4. It seems very well made. This doesn't look like a cheap Chinese import. It doesn't say where it's made (maybe I missed it ??) but even if it is made in China, it seems well made.

5. It has a lot of little accessories with it that make using it easy. It has a tripod (albeit a very small one), the carrying handle and a cleaning rag for the lens. I also received a remote shutter and the adapter needed for it to work with your phone. I'm not sure if that comes with it normally but I found them quite useful.

6. Speaking of the adaptor and remote shutter, they work quite well. The adaptor package comes with 3 different sleeves for your phone so that it doesn't matter which phone you have (as long as it's one of the 3 they say it's compatible with), it'll work for you. And the remote shutter does exactly what it says: allows for remote photography from your phone.

Here are the things I didn't love:

1. The manufacturer clearly states this, but be aware that this not a night vision device. You can definitely see the stars closer with this but for clear star gazing, you need to get a telescope. Again, they don't sell this device as a telescope and in fact, it clearly states in the description that it's not for use at night, day time only. But just a word of caution in case you don't read the entire description.

2. For me personally, using binoculars are easier than monoculars. And this is a personal, subjective thing. I have a hard time focusing with one eye. I realize this criticism is a bit unfair because you buy this knowing its a monocular. But again, it's just a word of caution.

Overall, I think this is a very good product at a very good price point and I can recommend it.

Crystal Wash - Wash Balls - Laundry Detergent Alternative - All Natural
Crystal Wash - Wash Balls - Laundry Detergent Alternative - All Natural
Offered by Healthy Techniques
Price: $49.95

4.0 out of 5 stars I like them...I think, May 18, 2015
It's very difficult for me to write a review of this item and I will explain why below.

I washed two loads of laundry with them and both loads came out nice and clean. A few of the items had heavy stains prior to washing and the instructions on these balls say that you have to treat the stains as you would in any other situation so with the stain treatments, everything came out nice and clean and smelling fresh. There is no scent or anything, but clean clothes just smell clean and my clothes smelled clean.

The reason it's hard to write a review is that I have no idea whether these balls actually did anything. I can't tell if my clothes would be any less clean if I had used just water. I have read a number of articles that say there isn't a discernible difference between using just water and using the various laundry balls. However, those same articles say that there isn't much of a difference between using detergent and just using water!

So, I figure why put chemicals on my clothes if either way it makes not much of a difference. I put these balls in and hope that they are in fact doing something. If they are, great. I'm out ahead. If they're not, then at least, I've cut out the chemicals I'm using in the form of laundry detergent and getting basically the same result.

So on the whole, using these had been a positive improvement for me and therefore I can recommend them.

Amcupider Women's Super Lightweight Coat UV-resistant Windbreaker Skin Jacket
Amcupider Women's Super Lightweight Coat UV-resistant Windbreaker Skin Jacket
Offered by Cupider
Price: $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice material, does the job, probably order one size up, May 15, 2015
There are many things to like about this cover. Here are the pros and cons:

1. It is super lightweight. You could easily carry this around in your purse with no problems and still have room left over for all your other stuff.
2. Very nice material. Usually, these "skin" type jackets feel like a plastic bag. This one doesn't. You can tell there is some plastic element to it but it feels silky smooth. I like the material.
3. It is a nice design. I like the colors they come in, I like the cut of the jacket and in general, I like the way it looks.
4. It looks nice on. There are no weird bulges, etc. It looks like it's supposed to.

Cons:
1. I think it runs just a teeny bit small. I usually wear a small and the small fits me but if I had to do it over again, I would order a medium, especially since it's meant to be worn over other clothing.

But overall, it's a very useful, attractive "skin" which I can recommend.

I received a sample for review.

T-shinning® Multi-purpose Bath Home Car Cleaning Cloth Microfiber Dust Plaid Super Soft Cloth Towel 11.8*11.9(3 Pack)
Price: $9.90
2 used & new from $9.90

5.0 out of 5 stars I like these towels, May 10, 2015
I like these towels. Here are the pros and cons:

1. They are a good size and come in a package of 3.
2. The material is super soft and absorbent. I love the way it feels.
3. I'm not sure about their use on cars cause I haven't tried it, but for cleaning around the house purposes, it's really good. I use it all over the house and the material is such that it picks up all sorts of dust, dirt, etc.
4. Washes and cleans well. Just throw it in the machine.
5. I like the little designs on it. They're nice and bright and happy.

Cons:

I can't really think of anything.

I received a sample for review.

T-shinning Super Water Absorbent Microfiber Cleaning Towel Car Wash Clean Cloth 30cm * 40cm(8pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, May 10, 2015
I like these towels. Here are the pros and cons:

1. They are a good size and come in a package of 4.
2. The material is soft and absorbent. They feel like soft beach towels.
3. I'm not sure why it's being marketed as towels for car wash but for cleaning around the house purposes, it's really good. I use it all over the house and the material is such that it picks up all sorts of dust, dirt, etc.
4. Washes and cleans well. Just throw it in the machine.
5. I like the colors they come in. They're nice and bright and happy.

Cons:

I can't really think of anything.

I received a sample for review.

T-shinning® Useful Superfine Fiber Car Window Washing Home Cleaning Cloth Duster Towel Diamond-shaped Panes of Glass Cloth 100% Quality Assurance(3 Pack)
Price: $9.39
2 used & new from $9.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Super soft!, May 10, 2015
I like these towels. Here are the pros and cons:

1. They are a good size and come in a package of 3.
2. The material is super soft and absorbent. I love the way it feels.
3. I'm not sure why it's being marketed as Car Window cleaner (seems a bit odd) but for cleaning purposes, it's really good. I use it all over the house and the material is such that it picks up all sorts of dust, dirt, etc.
4. Washes and cleans well. Just throw it in the machine.
5. I like the little designs on it. They're nice and bright and happy.

Cons:

I can't really think of anything.

Natural, Argan Rejuvenating Serum for Acne, Wrinkles & Spots
Natural, Argan Rejuvenating Serum for Acne, Wrinkles & Spots
Price: $58.49
2 used & new from $58.49

4.0 out of 5 stars I love that it's 100% natural and love the way it makes my skin feel., May 10, 2015
I really like this serum for a number of reasons:

1. It smells nice without having an overwhelming scent.
2. A few drops are all you need for overall coverage of your face and neck.
3. It goes on nice and smoothly without leaving you feeling too oily, even though it is an oil.
4. It makes my skin feel nice and soft.
5. I am always very worried about putting oil on my face because I'm afraid of breakouts. After two weeks of using this continually, I can report that I have no breakouts!
6. I LOVE that this product is 100% natural. I am so done with putting chemicals on my face! I've been looking for a natural product and after carefully scrutinizing the ingredients list, I can report that it is in fact 100% natural ingredients.

Now the reason why I knocked off a star:
1. The product says it improves skin tone and reduces the appearance of fine lines. It has definitely improved my skin tone. The fine lines claim has yet to be proven. I can't tell a difference yet. Maybe I have too many fine lines for it to be noticeable when a few are reduced? I didn't think so but to be entirely honest, I have not noticed a reduction in fine lines yet. I'm going to give it a few more weeks.

But even without a reduction in fine lines, I would buy this product again because of the way it makes my skin look and feel and because it's all natural.

I received a sample for review

Stainless Steel Manual Juicer Fruit Lemon Lime Orange Squeezer with Bowl Juicer Strainer
Offered by VEGALA
Price: $9.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, still determining longevity, May 5, 2015
Overall, I like the juicer. Here are the pros and cons

Pros:

Very easy to use;
Very easy to clean;
Extracts juice quite well. It's much better than those squeezers that squeeze the lemons. I got a lot more juice using this apparatus.
I had no problems with seeds ending up in the juice. It works really well.

Cons:

The quality of the steel used is not the best. It feels very light for stainless steel. As a result, I am not sure about the longevity of this device.

For now though, it works. So far, so good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20