Profile for meymoon > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 29

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

meymoon RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Ipow Universal 360°Rotation CD Slot Car Mount Holder Cradle for Iphone 6/5s/5c/5/4s/4, Samsung Galaxy S5/s4/s3 and GPS Device,(not compatible for iphone6 plus)
Offered by Ipow Official
Price: $15.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, fits most devices, February 26, 2015
Overall, I like this little holder. Here are the pros and cons:

1. Unbelievably easy to assemble and install. It's so easy I think a 5 year old can do it. That is a huge plus for me because I hate struggling with assembling various gadgets. It's my least favorite thing in the world to do, so the fact that this was easy is a huge plus for me.
2. Accomodates all sorts of devices. It's very easy to slip your phone in and out of this gadget.
3. It works quite well. It holds your phone firmly so that it doesn't fall, yet it's not difficult to remove the phone when the time comes.
4. The price: I think it is very reasonable priced.

Cons:

1. The only one I can think of is that when it's in place, you can't change your CD. But that goes without saying I suppose given that it's called the CD slot car mount. The good news is that few people listen to CDs anymore, so that shouldn't really be a problem.

Overall, a very good product. I received a sample for review.

Very Healthy Spiral Vegetable Slicer, Zucchini & Carrot Veggie Pasta Maker
Very Healthy Spiral Vegetable Slicer, Zucchini & Carrot Veggie Pasta Maker
Offered by Varietyland
Price: $12.59

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job but wastes some of the vegetable, February 17, 2015
Here are the pros and cons of this slicer:

Pros:
1. It does create spirals out of all sorts of vegetables. I've tried cucumbers, carrots and zucchini and it created spirals out of all of them with not too much effort.
2. It can cut the vegetables in two different sizes so you have options.
3. It comes with a small brush to help clean the tiny parts inside. I appreciate that.
4 The price is reasonable, although the $14.99 part is what I'm talking about. Currently, Amazon says this was originally $50 and now $15. This thing would NEVER be worth $50 so that is absurd. But $14.99 is a decent price for it.

Cons:

1. A good amount of the vegetable is wasted. It spirals the outside of the vegetable while the inside just falls off in small chunks. I hate to see food wasted so that really bothers me.
2. The blades can easily cut your fingers if you're not VERY careful. Because it's made for long vegetables, your natural inclination is to push the vegetables in with your fingers as much as you can before using the tool they give you to get the end of the vegetable. However, you MUST stop before your fingers get anywhere close to the apparatus because the blades will cut your fingers. I've used it twice and both times my fingers got cut! It is my bad, but it still happened. So there you have it

Overall, really good for things like spaghetti squash. It does the job.

I received a sample for review

Molecular Atom Model Set - Inorganic/Organic Model Kit - Science - Learning Science - Science Education - SAT Prep - Molecular Atom - Complete Kit - Atomic-O
Offered by Walsh Fellowes
Price: $50.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great set, February 17, 2015
This is exactly as advertised. It arrives in a plastic box that has 4 compartments. Each compartment has a ziplock bag in it with the various pieces. The label is something that was printed on somebody's printer and then just taped on. So the presentation isn't amazing or anything. HOWEVER, the set itself is really great.

There are 3 different size links, 7 different colors of molecules and two different sizes of molecules in addition to a very good number of pieces. The pieces aren't so cheaply made that they snap in half like some other sets.

For the price, it's a great little set and a fabulous educational tool/toy.

Syllable G01 Bluetooth Headset Headphone Ear Muffs Bluetooth 4.0 Over-ear Earphone Deep Bass Stereo Built-in Mic Hands Free Call Answering/refusing Playback Volume Adjust Wireless Headphones with Mic Bass Bluetooth Headphones Hi-Fi Green
Offered by Syllable Official
Price: $32.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and good sound but wish range was better., February 17, 2015
I got these for my son and he really enjoys them. Here are the pros and cons:

1. They are bluetooth so you simply pair them and don't have to walk around with your phone, ipad, etc., on you. It makes the music listening process much easier.
2. They are very easy to pair. A few steps and there you have it.
3. My son tells me that they are comfortable for him and he's usually picky when it comes to comfort so they must be comfortable.
4. The sound quality is good enough. Do not expect Bose quality listening but then again, why would you when you've only paid $30 for these?

cons:

1. The range is not that great. You have to have a line of sight with your device for these headphones to work. Our house is ranch style and large so it doesn't work all over the house. I wish the range was better.

Overall and for the price you pay, these are very good headphones.

I received a sample for review.

Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound Quality, Durable, Foldable, Comfortable, Adjustable Fashion on Ear Stereo Headphone Earphone for Mobile Phone Smart Phone (Blue)
Offered by 123CellDeals
Price: $99.99
8 used & new from $88.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound quality, great comfort., February 17, 2015
I look for two things in headphones: Sound quality and comfort. That's it. If the headphone has great sound quality and sits on my head for extended periods of time comfortably, I've found a great headphone.

The Zoro II HD does exactly that. First let me say that I have never owned the Zoro or the Zoro I so this is not a comparison. I only have these ones and my review is stand alone for this head phone only.

For me, the fit is very comfortable. If you look at the reviews I've done, there are at least 2-3 other headphones I've reviewed and they've never been comfortable. These are. They fit nicely on your head, they don't pinch your ears, grate against the side of your head or anything strange like that. They fit like a comfortable pair of headphones should fit. Since that is one of the most important things for me, I'm already liking these.

Next is the sound quality. It's very good. I own a pair of Bose headphones and although these are not as good as the Bose, they do come very close. For the price you pay for this, the sound quality is excellent and I think as good as you can get without paying $300.

As an added bonus, I really like the design of these too. They're attractive and appear to be quite well made.

Overall, a very good pair of headphones.

CUH 1500w 10 in 1 Multifunction Steam Cleaner Floor Carpet Handheld Steamer Mop
CUH 1500w 10 in 1 Multifunction Steam Cleaner Floor Carpet Handheld Steamer Mop

5.0 out of 5 stars A great cleaner to have around the house., February 16, 2015
This product is very easy to use. Putting it all together was very easy and took all of a minute or two. It's also very user friendly. It's basically common sense how to get it going. You fill it up with water and press the button and you're good to go. The steam keeps going for a good amount of time. I used it for about 10 minutes and didn't have to refill or anything.

Honestly, I had never used a steam cleaner for cleaning household surfaces before so I was a little skeptical. But I really like it! It feels like things are just getting cleaner than I thought I could get it. I particularly like that you can also steam your clothes with this little apparatus. A wonderful added bonus.

It has a lot of different heads for use on various surfaces, cracks, shapes, etc. So it's very handy.

I received a sample for review and there is no price listed. So depending on price, I think this is a very good tool to have around the house. It'll come in very handy often.

VenJoin Women's 100% Rayon Halter Top Shorts Jumpsuit
VenJoin Women's 100% Rayon Halter Top Shorts Jumpsuit
Offered by VenJoin
Price: $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a day at the beach!, February 7, 2015
This is a very cute and comfortable outfit. First, it fits true to size. It doesn't pull or stretch in weird places or anything odd like that. It fits quite well. The colors are nice and bright. I never thought I'd wear a one piece with shorts but it's so cute, I will actually wear this. It is perfect for a summer day at the beach or pool or just running around doing errands.

It's pretty well made as well. Overall, I like it a lot.

Chinese Turkestan: A Photographic Journey Through an Ancient Civilization
Chinese Turkestan: A Photographic Journey Through an Ancient Civilization
by Ryan Pyle
Price: $29.49
27 used & new from $18.81

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing pictures, very odd editing choices that really detract from the book., February 7, 2015
First let me say that I thoroughly enjoyed receiving, reading and perusing the beautiful pictures in this book. The title, in and of itself is interesting and something that immediately jumped out at me: Chinese Turkestan. I had no idea that such people even exist. It is an amazing, eye opening and beautifully photographed book.

However, as others have stated, there are some very odd editing choices in this book. First and foremost is the cover. It's a book of photography, so why would the cover be an enormous blank space with a black and white photo covering only the outer quarter (if that) of the cover? It makes no sense. This is a book you want to put on your coffee table and have people pick it up because it looks interesting. A blank cover certainly does not achieve that. As a result, this is not on my coffee table where others will see it. It's tucked away in a bookshelf. Very unfortunate.

When you open the book, there are some amazing photographs. I think one of the most amazing and poignant pictures is right at the beginning, but you don't get to enjoy the picture, as it has been cut in half because it's spread over two pages.

Whoever did the placement and editing of this book did a TERRIBLE job and a TERRIBLE disservice to this amazing photographer. It is a testament to how amazing these photos are and how interesting the topic is that I am giving it 4 stars. This book needs to be reedited and re-released with some common sense used. If they do that, I think it'll be a smashing success.

Long Way Women's Golden Rhinestone Drop Earrings
Long Way Women's Golden Rhinestone Drop Earrings
Offered by Long Way Fashion Jewelry Co Ltd
Price: $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for the price., February 7, 2015
For the price, these are AMAZING. First, they arrive in a beautiful little blue box with a purple ribbon tied around the box. The presentation is very nice and classy. It doesn't feel like some cheap thing made in China at all. It looks beautiful.

The earrings themselves are very nicely made, the posts work well, there's nothing weird about them. It looks exactly like the picture. With this particular earring, the only thing that is a little less than perfect is that the gold is not a "natural" gold look. It is very slightly off. Most people wouldn't even notice, but I'm really into gold and gold jewelry and so can tell that this is not real.

But for the price, it's a great buy.

Long Way Women's Silvery Rhinestone Drop Earrings
Long Way Women's Silvery Rhinestone Drop Earrings
Offered by Long Way Fashion Jewelry Co Ltd
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, February 7, 2015

The earrings themselves are very nicely made, the posts work well, there's nothing weird about them. It looks exactly like the picture. It is quite striking and I really like it.

This is a GREAT buy!