Profile for Jeffrey Pittman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 334

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeffrey Pittman "Jeff" RSS Feed (Durham, NC USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
TSST SAMSUNG SDI battery cell Ultra Portable 3,000mAh External Battery Power Bank Charger with detacheable Flashlight for Samsung Galaxy, iPhone, iPad, HTC, and More (Black), Ultra high charging speed 1.5A Max
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for around town (read the instructions), May 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
You’ll only need to read through the instructions once and yes, you’ll need readers or a magnifying glass (I don’t care how old you are). There really is a very tiny manual with very tiny print in the blister pack that will explain a couple of non-intuitive things.

Good things:

Tootsie-Roll-sized item fits in pocket, purse, satchel, briefcase, whatever (we’re talking full-sized, old-school Tootsie Rolls here, not the miniatures you hand out at Halloween)

great size and shape for a handy flashlight when used that way

easy to find by feel by digging your hand into whatever bag it’s in (and has probably settled to the bottom of)

quick (and multiple) charges of smaller items like music players or phones

gets only slightly warm when charging other devices or when it is being recharged

competitive price

Not so good things:

you may need a little more horsepower to keep a heavily-used tablet running all day

for heavy travel days (air, taxi, rental car, hotel, lounges, meetings) you will want something with mutiple outlets and more muscle - Amazon Basics has a 10,000 mAh item about the size of a mobile phone that might be more suitable in a situation like that at about twice the price

Summary: a nice tidy piece of work with a flashlight that’s more useful than you expect (I seem to have a talent for dropping anything and everything between my car’s seat and the center console and then have to go hunt for whatever it is). Does the job, decent price, clean design, worth having around IMHO. Probably all you need for a local day’s work, probably not all you need for a hard-core road trip, but that isn’t what it’s for.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 28, 2015 4:19 PM PDT

Gu 10 Tag Sticker - Funny Bumper Sticker for German Friends and Family. Cute Phrase Played on a German License Plate - High Quality Vinyl Sticker/Decal Can Be Used on Car Bumper, Laptop Cover, Door.
Offered by Back 40
Price: $6.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for your Benz/Audi/VW etc., May 15, 2015
I recently bought a German-made car and this is much cooler than the dealer's advertising plate that came on the car. I bought a blank US-sized license plate to affix it to and it looks good on the front of the car. This method will let me remove/replace it later with no hassle. Search Amazon for "blank license plate" to check out the selection and read the reviews so you don't get the one that disintegrates in a car wash :-)

FYI, there is a tiny, pre-cut tear-away border all the way around the image. I struggled to separate the backing from the sticker until I realized that the slim border could be peeled away. After that the actual sticker is painless to remove. Seems durable and of high quality with a little stretchy-ness and a forgiving adhesive that allowed me to peel the sticker off the target surface several times and reapply until I got it positioned just right.

Monty Python - Spanish Inquistion Unexpected Men's T-Shirt, Silver, 2XL
Monty Python - Spanish Inquistion Unexpected Men's T-Shirt, Silver, 2XL
Offered by ManiacJoe Collectibles
Price: $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the thing when a crossbeam goes out askew on the treadle!, May 13, 2015
I must say that it seems to fit better when you shove all the stuffing up one end, though. Ni!

Stooble Men's Monty Python Knights Who Say Ni Black T-Shirt, Size 2XL
Stooble Men's Monty Python Knights Who Say Ni Black T-Shirt, Size 2XL
Offered by 1ClickPrint-USA
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 2XL size fit as needed/expecIed, May 13, 2015
I liked this shirt until some passing animal food trough waterer read it to me. As a Knight who until recently said Ni! there are some words that I cannot bear to hear and this shirt contains one of them. Do not dare to speak that word or I shall say Icky Icky Icky Icky za Pang OOOO Long unto you!

Crusar Black Visor Glasses Sunglasses Ticket Clip Holder for Car Universal
Crusar Black Visor Glasses Sunglasses Ticket Clip Holder for Car Universal
Offered by Auto-Pro
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So nifty that I bought two., May 13, 2015
My new car has so many pushy buttons in the rear view mirror/sunroof area that there was no room left for a sunglass holder like the one in my previous car. I got one of these clips for each visor so I can store my glasses, my gas-only credit card, car registration and have room left for a dry cleaning ticket or two so I don't have to root around for these items when I need them. The visor clips have a clean, quality look to them. Very happy.

Slime 70005 Safety Spair 7-Minute Flat Tire Repair System
Slime 70005 Safety Spair 7-Minute Flat Tire Repair System
Price: $39.97
13 used & new from $39.97

5.0 out of 5 stars A turbo version of Fix-A-Flat that U need even if U have a spare tire, April 23, 2015
My last car (an Acura TSX wagon) came with no spare tire, ostensibly to save weight and boost Acura's fleet mileage numbers. Instead, it included a non-branded item almost identical to this with no hint as to the manufacturer - a can of tire sealant goo and a 12V air pump connected to work together. I had occasion to use it and wow, this is a great concept! Beats the heck out of changing a tire in the sun or the cold or, well, it beats the heck out of changing a tire. I sat in the car with the AC blasting while this little gem (OK, the Acura-supplied equivalent) sealed and inflated my punctured tire, and I was off. This Slime version (including the electric pump) cost roughly half what the Acura goo refill can *alone* cost, so I bought this Slime kit. Sure enough, I had another puncture and the Slime kit worked exactly like the Acura version. So I replaced just the goo refill on the Slime kit and it's as good as new.

I just traded the Acura (sweet car BTW) on a car that does have a spare tire, but I'm buying another Slime kit for the new car anyway. It's cheap and if you get a puncture that it can handle you will bless the day you bought it. Oh yes, I did replace the two Slime(d) tires on the Acura eventually and it was not an issue for new tire installation or the TPMS. There are some urban legends out there about such products...if you use them your wheels will rot, your tires will dissolve, your sainted Grandma will come back from the grave and curse you...not true. You may get warts, though.

Fluval U1 Underwater Filter Foam Pad
Fluval U1 Underwater Filter Foam Pad
Price: $6.22
11 used & new from $1.04

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine piece of manufactured sponge shaped to fit the Fluval U1 pump/filter, April 7, 2015
This is a review of the Fluval U1 filter for the Fluval U1 pump It's a manufactured sponge, shaped to fit inside the Fluval U1 filter, nothing more or less. It works great in the U1. There is no bio media, no charcoal, nothing to see here but a sponge. (I think the U2 and up models have fancier filtration.) I use my U1 as a cleaning aid before water changes. I remove the fishies, immerse the U1 in the tank, plug it in and then blast the substrate with a turkey baster That blows all kinds of nasty crud out of the substrate and suspends it in the water, where the U1 can suck up the crud. I keep doing that until the water is reasonably clear. That may require removing the U1 and rinsing the filter under running water and then putting it back in for another go, especially the first time you do it.

Then I do a normal partial water change.

When done, I remove the filter, rinse it and set it out to dry. There's no need to replace it as long as cleans up nicely under running water.

Note: if you try this method, the first time you do it you will be entirely grossed out by the amount of crud in your substrate which you probably thought was as pure as the driven snow. Stay calm and don't try for spotless the first week. Things will get better as you repeat the technique over time

The main point to understand is that, at least in my experience, these filters will last a very long time without replacement if you rinse them thoroughly between uses. They're just sponges.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars 5++ stars from 40+ yr white noise machine user, April 7, 2015
Somebody is getting rich on this thing and s/he deserves every penny. I've been using fan-based white noise machines my whole adult life and can't sleep without one. I've even had to set a TV to a dead station, turn down the brightness and turn up the volume to get a decent all-night hiss going in a hotel to mask other sounds.

My first machine came from the Sears Catalogue's sickroom supplies section since the product category didn't really exist back in the 1970s. I've since tried many nature sound, white noise, brown noise, etc. synthesizers, including looping MP3s of such sounds on a player of one kind or another, and always went back to my fan-in-a-box from Sears or Hammacher-Schlemmer. But this thing blows the fan box away in every way. Volume can be much louder or much softer if you like. I can make it sound exactly like my current fan box if I want to, or something completely different but equally pleasing. And it's smaller (less than half the size), lighter (although it still feels substantial) and can be powered from different sources...a laptop, a wall socket, one of those portable battery charger doohickeys (a technical term) used for portable electronics when traveling, the USB port on the desk lamp in your hotel room, what have you.

If I could add anything it would be internal batteries and bluetooth (or at least a headphone jack), but I'm not complaining. This is vastly superior to my old faithful fan-in-a-box. If you're not a user of such things my enthusiasm will seem a little deranged, but if you are a user please trust me - you need one of these even if you don't know it yet.

Daffodils
Daffodils
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars I review a lot on Amazon but I *never* review music..., April 3, 2015
This review is from: Daffodils (MP3 Music)
...because taste is taste and why should you care what I think? I mean, I don't care what YOU think. But this is such a *FUN* piece of work I had to. 61 yr old white dude here and this takes me back to Parliament, George Duke, disco clubs...except they didn't have subwoofers back in that day, and you must have one to enjoy this. This rocks, this kicks *ss, this is (for me) one of those rare instant-ecstasy tunes that nobody has a formula for, but every now and then somebody squirts one out. Find this online somewhere and listen, but this needs to be LOUD and there needs to be LOTS of treble and LOTS of bass. This is a perfect example of why God invented the subwoofer. I believe I'll go disturb the nasty lady next door right about now...

Krunco Waterproof Pet Car Door Cover - Gray, Two Options To Install-Insert The Tabs Or Stick The Velcros. Fit All Vehicles.
Offered by Krunco
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Blows away the similar product they replaced - stays in place!, April 3, 2015
I have a big dog with big feet who likes to stand on a door armrest in the back and hang his head out the window. I had another brand of door panel cover that fit with tabs like the Krunco, but the other brand just wouldn't stay in place more than a few minutes. As a result, the armrest/door trim in the back seat was taking a lot of abuse. The Brand X covers finally fell apart so I decided to try another brand and lucked into these. It has been 3 weeks and NOT ONCE have Buford's big feet managed to pull one of the Krunco covers off of the door. (I used the tabs for installation.) If you've soured on door protectors like this because yours won't stay in place, do yourself a favor and give these a shot. The tabs can be positioned in a couple of ways to fit a variety of cars. Understand that you're placing a bet here - these may fit your car or not, and they may stay in place in your car with your dog or not (that's a lot of variables). But in my case these are like night and day. And the cost of refurbing interior trim for trade-in/lease-turn-in time for any car is going to be substantial - these are way cheap in comparison. Really happy with these and deliberately waited to review them for several weeks to see if they'd stay put. So far they have. Great stuff. BTW, I have these in a 2012 Acura TSX wagon. I understand that the TSX is a clone of the Honda Accord so I'd expect similar performance in an Accord.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20