Profile for dawnsong > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

dawnsong RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Analyst
The Analyst
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars good but a little wordy, April 28, 2014
This review is from: The Analyst (Kindle Edition)
This author reminds me a bit of Michener`s books with a long lead in with minimal interesting detail but it does get better.

Tofu Shirataki Noodles 10 Bags Angel Hair Shape
Tofu Shirataki Noodles 10 Bags Angel Hair Shape
Offered by Health Express Distributors
Price: $9.26
2 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars No more noodling around..., November 11, 2012
I bought these and let them sit in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks before getting around to trying them. I was waiting to find the "right" recipe. Thought they would be difficult to use. Silly me. After that first meal I immediately placed a second order... trying the fettuccine shape next.

I like everything about them - the taste, texture, and nutritional aspects. Love the feeling of fullness in my stomach with almost no calories. Also like that they are so *easy* to prepare and use. Just rinse, blot dry, microwave for a minute or so, then use them as you would wheat pasta. I especially like adding them to salads and mixing them into those ad hoc lunches made from leftovers.

Contrary to what I've read, I do think they have a flavor. After rinsing and drying they smell and taste like green tea to me and that is a flavor I like.

All Cry Chaos (Henri Poincare) (Henri Poincare Mystery Book 1)
All Cry Chaos (Henri Poincare) (Henri Poincare Mystery Book 1)
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Daily Deal price corrected - now $1.99, October 31, 2012
OK, Amazon has corrected the price for this Daily Deal (on Oct 31, 2012).

I seriously doubt the error in price was a conspiracy by Amazon to cheat their customers. What would they have to gain by doing that? Instead, I suspect it was a mistake or oversight by a lower-level employee with too many tasks.

If you are not happy with an ebook purchase, then you can return it for a refund *within the first week* of purchase. You can do that from the "Manage Your Kindle" link near the top of this page. Find the title in the "Your Kindle Library" page, select "Actions" from the far right, then select "Return For Refund".

Blood Orchids (Lei Crime  Book 1)
Blood Orchids (Lei Crime Book 1)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Eagerly awaiting the sequel, March 4, 2012
Picked up Blood Orchids as a Kindle freebie and finished it in one day. It is a very good mystery, the first in a series. An auspicious start, I will gladly pay for the next installment. Polished writing for a first effort. Well-developed, likeable characters... especially the feisty police woman lead. It is set in my favorite place in the world, the Big Island of Hawaii and develops a very good sense of place and people. Four stars.

Marware C.E.O. Hybrid for Kindle Fire (Black)
Marware C.E.O. Hybrid for Kindle Fire (Black)
Offered by Duddy's Electronics
Price: $15.99
21 used & new from $6.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, February 23, 2012
4.5 stars
This is a very sturdy, protective cover with some nice usability features.
I *love* the handstrap... makes it very easy to hold the Fire with one hand.
I also *love* the stand feature; didn't think I'd use it much as a stand, but I do so often.

What don't I like? It makes the Fire bulkier and heavier, but that may be
unavoidable with a sturdy leather case. Also none of the colors appeals to me.
I bought the green because it seemed the best option, but don't like it.
Would love a dark purple case.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2012 1:06 PM PST

Kindle Fire (1st Generation)
Kindle Fire (1st Generation)
271 used & new from $41.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, November 29, 2011
I've had the K1, K2, KDX, K3, and last week received the Touch and the Fire. The long holiday weekend allowed plenty of time to play with my new toys. It took a couple of days to learn and adapt, but now I love them both. I've always been a reader - rarely watch TV or movies, but the Fire may change that. Amazon Instant Video has the Stieg Larsson trilogy streaming free with my Prime membership. I loved those books and I watched all three of the movies on the Fire. It was so enjoyable! I could carry the Fire anywhere in the house and watch at my convenience. It is lightweight and comfortable to hold and it's so easy to stop and restart a video. The movie display is just beautiful on the Fire and the sound is also very good with headphones.

The Touch will be my primary reading device because I love eInk for reading, but the Fire will extend my media horizons.

Trackers
Trackers
Price: $6.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Deon Meyer gets better with each book, November 6, 2011
This review is from: Trackers (Kindle Edition)
Deon Meyer is such a skilled writer. I've read all his books published in English and his writing has improved with each one - or perhaps it's the translation that has improved. The start of Trackers lays the foundation for the story and is interesting, but a little dry. But from the slow start the book accelerates. There is plenty of action and intrigue and multiple story lines that merge at the end.

Lake (Kindle Single)
Lake (Kindle Single)
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost poetry, November 6, 2011
This is historical fiction set in the years before WWII at a lake in New Jersey that has a summer community. The story is told in many brief vignettes that average about a page in length. The writing style is spare and evocative, almost like poetry. I truly enjoyed the book - possibly because I live on a lake with a similar history.

Second Son (Kindle Single)
Second Son (Kindle Single)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Short, but enjoyable, August 16, 2011
A short story featuring 13-year-old Reacher and his family. Quick, fun read that reveals some of the background for this enigmatic character.

Steph's Spice Label Sticker Set 50 Piece Pre-printed
Steph's Spice Label Sticker Set 50 Piece Pre-printed
Offered by MetaRetail
Price: $6.60
3 used & new from $5.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Work great for me, July 28, 2011
I'm using them on small stainless steel spice cans. They look great and they stick. Applied them over a year ago and none have peeled. The blank labels are very useful, but wish there were more of them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4