Profile for Absntmind > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Absntmind RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
SanDisk Extreme 64 GB MicroSDXC UHS-1 Flash Memory Card Speed Up To 45MB/s With Adapter, Frustration-Free Packaging- SDSDQXL-064G-AFFPA

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 31, 2014
Using it in a GoPro 3+ Black Edition and it works as advertised, no issues.

My 1st RC GoGo Auto Ford F150 Pick Up
My 1st RC GoGo Auto Ford F150 Pick Up
Offered by Crossroads Corner Store
Price: $25.00
14 used & new from $7.64

2.0 out of 5 stars Never bothered returning it as he was happy just ot have a new car lol, October 31, 2014
Didn't work correctly right out the box. Well, first off we ordered the truck version of this and received the police car. Not a big deal as it was just a surprise gift for out toddler who is in a "car" phase, so wouldn't matter to him either way. The control was hit and miss with the forward button working maybe once every 5+ tries. Reverse worked every time until it died on us (lasted a week). Never bothered returning it as he was happy just ot have a new car lol. It now sits in the bottom of a toy chest waiting to be thrown out. Definitely would not purchase again.

Freddy Fox / Whistling [HD]
Freddy Fox / Whistling [HD]
DVD
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I like the fact it's not busy, October 31, 2014
What can I say, my toddler loves this show. I like the fact it's not busy, simple shapes and colors, and slow paced. We don't allow to much time in front of the TV, but when we do this show is a nice change from many of the other cartoons available.

Fosmon HD1832 Intelligent 5x1 5-Port HDMI Switch/Switcher with IR Remote and AC Adapter Supports 3D
Price: $14.95
6 used & new from $10.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Works, somewhat. Plugged in several devices and was ..., October 31, 2014
Works, somewhat. Plugged in several devices and was able to switch between them. The auto switch doesn't seem to work consistently and it doesn't work with 1080p as it claims. Whenever a device is set to only output at 1080p I get a message stating "unsupported resolution" on the TV. Plug the same device straight to the TV and no issues. Change output to 1080i and no message. Tried with different devices (two DVD players and PS3), same problem every time. Also occasionally had static lines roll down the screen and audio would flicker. Tried different HDMI cables and it happened occasionally with every one. Maybe I received a defective unit, no idea, but my time is worth more than trying to exchange for a replacement and risk the same issues. Will be returning asap.

Talon Glock 26/27 IWB Holster Left Black with No Laser
Talon Glock 26/27 IWB Holster Left Black with No Laser
Offered by Talon Holsters
Price: $49.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, June 6, 2012
Arrival: Packaging was almost nonexistent. Seems the holster was placed in a plastic bag, then loosely put in a larger box for shipping. The package was torn open on the end when received. While being torn was the fault of USPS I'm sure, if the packaging would have been better (at least some paper stuffed in there) then the holster might not have fallen out. It has some minor scratches on the leather, though nothing that will affect function. Since it is for concealed carry, I'm not worried about it.

Details: Seems well made, with good stitching. Don't go by the picture though, as the black holster is NOT smooth on the outside. At first I thought it must have been a mistake because of how rough it felt. Yet after doing a search it appears they put the smooth side of the leather in and keep the rough side out. This is to help the holster stay in place as you draw. Could be easily smoothed out with a bit of saddle soap if it bothers you that much, but once you wear it for a bit you won't notice. That is unless you don't wear any underwear, lol.

The inside is smooth and seems has been pressed to the pistol it was made for. I can see the indentions which match my G26 inside, for what that is worth. Does appear will not hurt the finish and the gun stays securely in the holster.

The clip is strong enough, yet even with a gun belt it has a bit of wiggle room. This is due to the holster clipping on the outside of your belt as opposed to snap around or going under. The other way, you could tighten your belt to help with any movement. Yet, this design is exactly why I picked the holster. I wanted one I could put on or take off without messing with snaps or fighting my belt. Goes on and off easily and stays secure enough for regular use.

The metal in the opening works as advertised. Once the gun is drawn the opening does not close with the pressure of your pants/belt. This makes it easier for people like me to holster the gun, since I always carry hot (one in the chamber). Considering Glocks don't have safeties, you always need to pay extra attention when holstering hot.

Pros; Well made, durable, seems like it will last a long time, not uncomfortable, clip system works as expected, stays open for easy holster of weapon.

Cons: Exterior a bit rough (though it serves a purpose, still not what was expected). Priced a bit on the high side, as for a bit more there are many "specialized" holsters out there. Dye looks like it might bleed with sweat, but do not know yet. I hate to put a guess as a con, so I will update once I've had the opportunity to see for sure.

Overall: I am happy with my purchase as it's a good product. Would recommend and will buy from them again.

American Standard 994053-0070A Cartridge
American Standard 994053-0070A Cartridge
Price: $20.34
11 used & new from $11.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Great! works for both hot and cold, May 2, 2012
We needed to replace both the hot and cold cartridges on oury American Standard "sillohette" kitchen faucet. I wasn't sure if this one was for both the hot and the cold but took the gamble anyways. Turnes out they are universal with just a few adjustments. After installation the faucet it good as new. Saved me the hundred dollars I would have likely spent on a new faucet. I do recommend getting the handle screw "American Standard 918428-0070A Handle Screw" as well. Chances are if you are replacing the cartridge you have had a leak. And if you have had a leak for a while, things might have gotten corroded enough that the screw might be permanently part of the fixture. We stripped ours out in the process of trying to get it out. Just a recommendation.:-)

American Standard 073542-0070A Spout O-Ring
American Standard 073542-0070A Spout O-Ring
Price: $0.99
11 used & new from $0.50

5.0 out of 5 stars What was expected, April 13, 2012
What can I say, it's a part for a kitchen sink, lol. I couldn't find this part at any of our local stores or plumbing supplies. I received it within the estimated time and it was the correct part. Works well, and no complaints. I would order from them again.

Note: I ordered three parts, so you will see the same review for all three I ordered. Can't go into to much detail on a relacement part :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 1, 2013 12:26 PM PST

American Standard 923012-0070A Clip
American Standard 923012-0070A Clip
Price: $1.95

5.0 out of 5 stars What I expected, April 13, 2012

American Standard 060464-0070A Diverter For Dual Control Kitchen Faucets with Hand Spray
Price: $9.00
4 used & new from $5.40

5.0 out of 5 stars What I expected, April 13, 2012

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, April 13, 2012
Nice wallet, exactly what I was looking for. Wanted something small enough to put in my front pocket, yet be able to hold my minimum required bs. Received fast, packaging was sufficient.

The ID side seems a little loose but I don't plan on playing Frisbee with the wallet so it should be fine (not so loose as to just fall out). As for the three credit card slots, they fit snug. Extra pocket is nice to put a few business cards along with a receipt or two as needed. Liked the fact they have a place to hold cash because I always make a point to carry at least a few bills on me. I read a couple reviews which complained that the wallet seemed to have some extra material that could be removed along the top. Well, if you use the middle pocket to hold cash then it is the exact height needed. Fold in half and cash fits perfectly. This works for me as well because I didn't want a money clip. I'm not always at places where I want to flash all the cash I have just to pay for something when I'm just using a card.

All said and done a good product that exceeded my expectations. I know it's just a wallet, but I put wallets up there with a good pair of boots. You want them functional, comfortable, to last you a while, yet doesn't hurt if they look good as well. If any durability problems arise I will update the review, yet I don't foresee any.

Page: 1 | 2