Profile for displaced Washingtonian > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

displaced Washingtonian RSS Feed

Nine West Women's Nightskies Boot
Nine West Women's Nightskies Boot

5.0 out of 5 stars ALMOST big enough for big calves, optimistic they will stretch!, January 24, 2013
I ordered these after reading the reviews, hoping they would fit my 17" calves (never thought I had big calves until I tried to buy a pair of boots.....). I was a little heart-broken when I first zipped them up because it was a tight squeeze, but they DID zip up. After the initial letdown, I came back on the site and also scoured Zappos for a style I liked as well in wide-calf boots, with no luck whatsoever.

However, about a half hour into wearing them, they loosened a little - I forgot that leather stretches!! I am going to give them some time and a little leather conditioner and hope for the best. I might drill one extra row of holes in the top buckle as well, for a little extra comfort.

I ordered the black boots in an 8. I am a narrow size 8, and these fit exactly how I want them to in the feet. The leather is high quality and very shiny (not too shiny). The zipper goes all the way down to the sole, so it's super easy to get your foot in. I would disagree with the review that says these look casual - I bought them specifically as dress boots and I think they will look great for that. The foot shape is perfect, I love the narrow ankle, and as soon as they stretch enough I will probably end up wearing them all the time.