Profile for Geno > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Geno RSS Feed (Huntersville, NC United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Iwoo Sports Wireless Bluetooth Headset Headphone Earphone for Cell Phone Iphone Laptop PC (Red)
Offered by iwooworld
Price: $7.90
27 used & new from $5.97

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good., July 23, 2014
The documentation/instructions are lacking, but so far, it has worked well. The sound is fine. Pairing works fine with my Nokia Windows 8.1 phone.

Here's what you need to know. The middle button is the power button. Hold it down about 5 seconds to turn it on. Same for turning it off. To pair for the first time, hold it down for about 7 seconds until you see the light blinking quickly and changing colors. Then you should see it on your device and be able to pair. The left button (when you are wearing it) is the next song button, while the right button is the button to rewind back to the start of a song or the previous song if you press it twice. The middle button (the power button) works as a stop and start button with a quick single press.

So far, these are great for the cost. Don't have lofty expectations as these are budget headphones, but I'm happy with them.

Lenovo 36795MU ThinkPad Tablet 2 10.1-Inch 64GB Tablet (Black)
Lenovo 36795MU ThinkPad Tablet 2 10.1-Inch 64GB Tablet (Black)
12 used & new from $199.00

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a very nice tablet. I've used several, July 18, 2014
This is a very nice tablet. I've used several, and while the processor is now a generation behind, its pretty smooth in operation with no long lags that are enough to be annoying. I did change a couple settings in Windows for performance optimization, particular cutting off most visual effects and I turned off the search indexing since I won't use Windows searches on this tablet. I installed Opera as my main browser and can browse multiple tabs without any problem. The screen is great, my middle aged eyes certainly don't need more resolution than the Tablet 2 provides.

Negatives - not many. The biggest problem was updating to Windows 8.1. First you have do all the Windows 8 updates, which took hours and had problems, possibly because I did not do the Lenovo updates in "system update" first. I suggest using the "Charms" search for "system update" and doing all the Lenovo updates first, because those updates cured a driver power failure problem I was having with installing Windows updates and restarting. I also had to download the latest system update from Lenovo's site. After several hours of updating, I finally have Windows 8.1 fully installed and it works quite well. So far, I'm quite pleased.

Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 - 16gb
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 - 16gb
10 used & new from $139.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, May 22, 2014
I bought this tablet primarily for the battery life. So far, I'm very impressed. I had a Dell Venue 8 that should have been faster, but at so far I don't see any significant difference in performance, but a huge improvement in battery life. The microSD card slot is a must for me, and more than makes up for the lack of built-in memory. Performance has been more snappy than I thought it would be. I have a 9" Lenovo tablet that is significantly slower than this device.

I was not sure if I'd like the form of this tablet, with the big battery along one side. Turns out that I like it a lot; most of the weight is in that battery, so it is very comfortable to hold by the battery. I've done some reading in the Kindle app and it was more comfortable than I had anticipated.

Wifi picks up well, I just downloaded a map in a room that is a long way from my office router, so far that a lot of devices barely pick up a signal.

The Reader [HD]
The Reader [HD]
DVD
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, February 12, 2014
This movie shows very passionately and sensitively the passage of a teenage boy into an important facet of manhood, the power of relationships and a tragic cost of illiteracy.

Microsoft Surface RT (32GB)
Microsoft Surface RT (32GB)
Offered by ZCN, Inc.
Price: $302.95
100 used & new from $150.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Productivity Device - Regular USB!!!, December 23, 2013
If you want to play games and have the highest resolution display you can find, you'll be happier with an Android or Apple device. If you want to be able to work on a very light machine with good battery life, this device is great. Build quality feels very good. The regular USB port is a wonderful addition to a tablet, and has me spoiled. The Office programs are very nice. Ironically, I've had problems getting Outlook and Remote Desktop to work, although the regular mail app works fine with my company's exchange server. If Remote Desktop and Outlook connected as easily as the regular mail app, this would be 5 stars.

MegaGear "Ever Ready" Protective Black Leather Camera Case , Bag for Sony DSC-RX100 RX100 (NOT FOR RX100 M2)
Offered by Mega West
Price: $24.99
3 used & new from $21.94

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorest fit I've had in a case like this, April 4, 2013
I've purchased cases similar to this for four other cameras and all four fit their cameras well. This case isn't anywhere close to a good fit for the RX100. The bottom half is a decent fit, but its sides extend past the built in "lugs" on the camera for a wrist strap. The other cases I've bought stop before the wrist strap lugs, which is nice because I like to leave a wrist strap on it all the time for instances in which I'll take this type case completely off. The upper half of this case is way too tall, it is a very poor fit. I'm really disappointed in how poorly this item fits the camera. I loan this camera out sometimes to friends, so I really need the protection, but this case is not worth the money. I've gotten cheaper cases off EBay that fit much better.

Sleep Better Visco Bed Wedge Pillow
Sleep Better Visco Bed Wedge Pillow
Offered by Quidsi Retail LLC
Price: $29.29
7 used & new from $29.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, January 26, 2013
This back wedge works well and has helped reduce my lower back pain at night. I was so pleased that I bought a second one for my significant other and she has enjoyed her wedge pillow as well.

Motorola EH50 Stereo 3.5mm Headset in Original Retail Packaging
Motorola EH50 Stereo 3.5mm Headset in Original Retail Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars A real bargain headset, January 26, 2013
These are very good, and excellent for the money. I've tried regular earbud sets several times and they keep falling out. These stay put and are comfortable, and the sound quality is very good for the price. I'm so pleased with these that I've bought a few extra pairs to keep for future use.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Must have gotten a dud pair, January 26, 2013
After really enjoying the Motorokr EH50 headset, I thought these would give similar sound quality with a different form factor. Unfortunately, the pair I received doesn't come anywhere close to my EH50 headset that was about a dollar more expensive. This set sounds so bad that it must be a dud pair, no way my set would get even 3 stars from anyone. Fortunately they were cheap enough that I'll just toss them in the car as a backup set rather than go through the hassle of a return. I've now received two more EH50 pairs and they are each very good, worlds better than this set. I've decided to stock up on EH50's while they are cheap and available since I like them as much as any set I've had.

MeFoto Travel Tripod Kit, Titanium (A0350Q0T)
MeFoto Travel Tripod Kit, Titanium (A0350Q0T)
Offered by SoundCityInc
Price: $133.50
34 used & new from $122.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Good tripod, January 2, 2013
I'm a serious hobby-type photographer who went from using large DSLR's to mirrorless cameras over the past few years, both m4/3 and NEX. This is a good travel tripod for use with the mirrorless cameras. The overall height when folded is astoundingly short. Build quality appears to be very good. So far I'm happy with the purchase.

Page: 1 | 2