Profile for S. Grodek > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Grodek "sgrodek" RSS Feed (Cleveland)

Page: 1 | 2
She Can Run (She Can Series, Book 1)
She Can Run (She Can Series, Book 1)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Quick Read, January 27, 2013
I picked up this book through Amazon Prime on a whim and read it during an out of town weekend. The mystery was gripping and the characters very likable. Toward the end, I did wonder just how many bad people could have it out for poor Beth. I'm looking forward to reading the next book.

Altec Lansing iMT620 inMotion Classic Portable iPod Dock with Rechargeable Battery and FM Tuner
Offered by Electronics Club
Price: $67.50
11 used & new from $62.70

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the recharagable battery!, January 4, 2013
I just hope this dock and speakers last more than 2 years. My previous one lost the speakers. The dock is very portable. I use it outside during the summer and even take it in my 2006 car, which has no easy way to use my iPod. It comes in handy when staying in hotels for some self selected music options. I will typically stream Pandora at home when I'm working in the kitchen. The sound is great too. As you can see, it is multifunctional.

Drinking with Dead Women Writers (Drinking with Dead Writers Book 1)
Drinking with Dead Women Writers (Drinking with Dead Writers Book 1)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun way to meet a few female authors, August 18, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I tried to pick out some of the quotes from the female authors that I didn't recognize. Even if I didn't have any clue what they wrote, it was still fun to read a few pages about their lives. I like the set-up of meeting authors socially for a cocktail. I imagine many interviews happening that way today.

Love's Portrait
Love's Portrait
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant Read, July 28, 2012
This review is from: Love's Portrait (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading Love's Portrait, though Historical romance isn't usually my thing. I don't know that I would even call it historical. I think more like time period specific. There weren't any ties to historical events. I also think it is heavier on the romance than the erotica, and that was ok too. I didn't feel that the romance was over the top. I like the stories were the characters have some obstetrical in their way vs. the remeeting of long lost loves. I enjoyed the give and take dialogue between the main characters and the development of their relationship.

The Third Coincidence
The Third Coincidence
by David Bishop
Price: $19.80
69 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick paced novel, June 26, 2012
This review is from: The Third Coincidence (Hardcover)
I'm not going to give a summary of the story. You can already read that. This was my first David Bishop book. I thought the characters were interesting and engaged me as a reader. Is the story realistic? I hope not! But it is believable. Bishop sites places and events that are real to help tie the story together. The story moves quick. The killer unveils his purpose and background evenly throughout the book until the ending where everything falls into place. I already have my next David Bishop book loaded to my Kindle ready to go.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2012 7:25 PM PDT

Twisted (Tracers)
Twisted (Tracers)
by Laura Griffin
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
195 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Expect a Twist, April 26, 2012
I love the entire Tracers series! Twisted was a great read. Griffin manages to put a unique spin on the romantic suspense genre. I love how favorite characters continue to show up while she introduces new character for upcoming books. I hope to hear more from these two main characters. Their relationship is an interesting combination of work and play.

Uncorked (Chrissy McMullen Book 7)
Uncorked (Chrissy McMullen Book 7)
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to Catch Up with Chrissy, January 3, 2012
I love the Chrissy McMullen series and was so happy to see the next installment. Uncorked had the quick witted dialogue that I've come to know and love from Lois Greiman. The characters are totally likable and quirky. I'm looking forward to the next book (or ebook). Hopefully it won't be as long of a wait.

Unfortunate (Chrissy McMullen)
Unfortunate (Chrissy McMullen)

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfinished!, December 31, 2011
This would be a better title. I didn't realize I wasn't getting an entire story. It is only a chapter. I hope the author will continue the story. It has a lot of potential. Chrissy is in the wrong place at the wrong time again! I'm new to ebooks and learned an important lesson. Glad I didn't spend much money on it. Buyer Beware!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2013 5:18 PM PDT

2-Year SquareTrade Warranty plus Accident Protection for Kindle Fire (First Generation), US customers only

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!, November 17, 2011
I haven't had to use the warranty for my Fire yet since it hasn't been delivered! I did get an email from Square Trade right after my shipping confirmation from Amazon. In the email was a toll free number to call if I wanted to change the activation date of the warranty. Since it is a Christmas present (to me from my husband)I didn't want to lose the 5 weeks of warranty. I quickly connected with a human voice (yea)and Brittany changed the date to 12-25 for me. I had a follow email within minutes of my phone call. I'll be happy if I never have to use my warranty, but if I need it, I bet Square Trade will make good on their word of a smooth transaction.

No Turning Back
No Turning Back
by Tiffany Snow
19 used & new from $0.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun First in the Series, August 7, 2011
This review is from: No Turning Back (Paperback)
Tiffany Snow's freshman book is a fun, romantic mystery, which turns out not to be just a simple murder mystery. I am a character person and need to like the heros and heroines in the story. I really liked Kathleen, Kade and Blane. I like the characters that work at the bar too. I hope Kade and Blane return in the next book. I'd like to know more about the mysterious guys. I will definitely pick up number two when it's out.

Page: 1 | 2