Profile for Cheryl C. Malandrinos > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 592

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cheryl C. Malandrinos "johnnycat15" RSS Feed (Western Mass)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
by Tracey Corderoy
Price: $12.54
70 used & new from $0.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Helping Your Kids Deal with the Word "No", August 30, 2014
This review is from: No! (Hardcover)
As parents, we’ve all been through it. Our kids learn the word “no” and suddenly our happy little camper becomes a contrary, sometimes difficult, little bugger. At the same time, Corderoy respects and understands how the child is feeling. Though Otto liked his new word, at some point it took on a life of its own and made him miserable. That’s when something wonderful happens to turn it around and Otto learns how helpful other words can be.

Not only is this book charming and a bit humorous, the illustrations by Warnes are the perfect touch. He captures so many emotions within Otto’s facial expressions. He also has chosen a color scheme that is subtle and warm.

I’m not sure who will get a bigger kick out of this book: kids or parents.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.

The Wet Brush Metallics Collection 2 Pack , Metallics Green & Purple Value Pack!!
Offered by Salon911
Price: $17.96
19 used & new from $17.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous for hair that easily tangles, August 26, 2014
My girls are addicted to these brushes. We bought one at our beauty salon, but the girls were always fighting over it so I bought these. The girls have long, thick hair. This brush works easily to detangle after washing and conditioning. This two pack allows them to each have their own. The packaging made sure the product arrived in good condition. Probably the only brush we'll ever use.

Ghosts of Salem: Haunts of the Witch City (Haunted America)
Ghosts of Salem: Haunts of the Witch City (Haunted America)
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Explore the Haunted History of Salem, August 14, 2014
From cemeteries to crime to curses and more, Ghosts of Salem floats through the history of the infamous New England town known for its witch trials. With wit and charm, Baltrusis brings Salem alive for the reader. In this engaging and informative book, readers learn not only about Salem's history, but also residents' opinions on the ghosts that are rumored to make Salem home.

Filled with historical photographs, Ghosts of Salem is the perfect book for curious minds and history lovers. Thoroughly researched, this book totally captivated me and I read it in one sitting.

I received a copy of this book from the author. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been paid for in any way.

Walking Eagle: The Little Comanche Boy
Walking Eagle: The Little Comanche Boy
by Ana A. de Eulate
Price: $5.43
75 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A Delightful Story of Nature and Harmony, August 3, 2014
This is a beautiful book whose flowing text is matched with stunning artwork. Eulate has created a moving story of harmony filled with the power of love and kindness. Explore the magic of storytelling in Walking Eagle: The Little Comanche Boy.

I received a free copy of this book from the publisher. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.

Renewal "Anytime" 10 Day Detox
Renewal "Anytime" 10 Day Detox
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tons of Recipes for a Delicious Detox, July 31, 2014
Renewal "Anytime" provides step-by-step instructions to help you achieve your goals. From pre-cleansing instructions, to questions about detox, to a menu containing whole foods (including recipes), to post-cleanse instructions, this book can simplify your detox.

The most impressive thing about Renewal "Anytime" is the sheer number of recipes included. Not only are there the recipes from the menu, but also supplemental recipes and bonus recipes. You're also not limited to only juices. This is a whole foods program with recipes that seem delicious and easy to make. Busy moms like me can appreciate the included shopping list. I'm eager to try out the entire program now that we're back from vacation.

I received a digital copy of this book from the author. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.

When Shmack Happens: The Making Of A Spiritual Champion
When Shmack Happens: The Making Of A Spiritual Champion
by Amber Neben
Price: $13.49
24 used & new from $10.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Be Inspired, July 31, 2014
I'll be the first to admit sports autobiographies don't usually capture my attention. But this isn't your typical sports autobiography. While you might find stories from athletes that thank God in the opening or closing pages of the book, Neben's entire focus is how her faith has provided hope and peace despite the numerous setbacks she has faced. She gives credit to placing her life in God's hands for the successes she has achieved. Neben is a 2x Olympian, 2x World Champion, 2x Pan American Champion and 2x National. A list of her Race Wins is included in the final pages of the book. Each chapter is headlined by applicable verses from Scripture and the reader is treated to numerous black and white photographs.

When SHMACK Happens is a powerful book that will inspire you to trust in the Lord for all things, no matter what comes your way.

I received a copy of this book from the author. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.

A Nation Under Judgment
A Nation Under Judgment
by Richard Capriola
Price: $13.46
22 used & new from $6.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Examines How American Policies Hold Up to Biblical Principles, July 30, 2014
Filled with statistics, quotes, and Scripture, A Nation Under Judgment definitely allows you to see that our country's direction might not be what our Founding Fathers had in mind centuries ago. It also helps the reader realize how far we've come from using the Bible as our guide in shaping the country's policies. What I enjoyed most is that the author doesn't come across in a heavy-handed manner. Yes, he makes you think; but everything is posed as a question, with statistics and quotes opening up the way for the reader to compare the policies of this country to what the Bible says. This isn't a book that offers solutions, as much as it is one that encourages the country and its leaders to turn their focus back to Godly principles.

A Nation Under Judgment is a well-researched, intriguing book that inspires the reader to consider what direction they want their country to take. It uses the Bible as its guide, not a political agenda. Every concerned citizen should read this book.

Torchlighters: Corrie Ten Boom Story
Torchlighters: Corrie Ten Boom Story
DVD ~ --
Offered by BuckeyeState-Bulk
Price: $9.50
27 used & new from $7.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Faith and Forgiveness in an Amazing Story, July 17, 2014
My daughter and I watched the DVD together. In spots, I had some difficulty understanding what the characters were saying, but overall the sound quality is good. Some of the images–though animated–might be disturbing for the youngest viewers; like the scene of the Nazis banging on doors with the butts of their guns and yanking people out onto the streets. Betsie is beaten with a club by a German guard in the camp and an ill-mannered nurse informs Corrie when she comes to see her sister that she is “in there with the other dead bodies.” Female prisoners are seen being carted off in trucks to the gas chambers; but while Corrie looks upon the gas chambers, it is not made apparent to young viewers what is going on there. So there is definitely historical accuracy worked into this production.

This is a moving story that will remind readers/viewers of the power of forgiveness and how leaning on faith can bring you through adversity. I am glad to add this DVD to our home library. It would also make a fabulous addition to a church library.

I received a copy of this DVD from the Christian History Institute. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.

The Torchlighters Biography Series: Corrie ten Boom
The Torchlighters Biography Series: Corrie ten Boom
by Kaylena Radcliff
Price: $8.96
8 used & new from $4.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful story of faith and forgiveness, July 17, 2014
From the Christian History Institute comes a biography from their Heroes of the Faith line. Corrie ten Boom and her family are watchmakers in Holland. When World War II erupts, Hitler’s army takes over their country and begins rounding up their Jewish neighbors. Read the story of how one family stood strong in faith against a great evil.

Recommended for ages 8 – 12, this biography shares the life of Corrie ten Boom, her sister, Betsie, and their father who hid Jewish people from the Nazi army during World War II. They would end up arrested, some going to concentration camps, and Corrie struggled to hold onto her faith in such darkness. Her amazing story is shared in this biography that is accompanied by historical photographs, illustrations that match the artwork from the associated DVD, interesting facts about the Netherlands, a timeline and a glossary of terms.

This is a moving story that will remind readers of the power of forgiveness and how leaning on faith can bring you through adversity. I am glad to add this book and DVD to our home library. It would also make a fabulous addition to a church library.

I received a copy of this book from the Christian History Institute. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.

Buffy and the Heroine's Journey: Vampire Slayer as Feminine Chosen One
Buffy and the Heroine's Journey: Vampire Slayer as Feminine Chosen One
by Valerie Estelle Frankel
Price: $33.25
26 used & new from $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating Book on Buffy's Journey, July 10, 2014
As a fan of the Buffy the Vampire series and its spin-off Angel, I was eager to read this book, especially after enjoying Frankel's books on Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games. Frankel deeply explores Buffy's journey. How she fought against the patriarchy. How unlike other heroes who went it alone, she builds a team who help her battle evil throughout the series. It explores Buffy's relationships with her mother, her sister, each of her friends, her romances with Angel, Riley, and Spike, and her father-daughter type relationship with Giles. This book delves into Buffy's relationship with other slayers like Kendra and Faith, and her role as she trains potential slayers to prepare for an epic battle.

This is an academic look at a cult favorite. It's deep. It's intense. But it's worth the time to read it. I found Buffy and the Heroine's Journey by Valerie Estelle Frankel totally fascinating and am glad to add it to my Buffy collection.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20