Profile for Corey Dale Wilis > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Corey Dale Wilis RSS Feed

OXO Good Grips No Spill Ice Cube Tray, Blue
OXO Good Grips No Spill Ice Cube Tray, Blue
Price: $9.95
13 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Ice Cube Maker, April 23, 2014
My sister and I have been using these trays to freeze coconut water for smoothies and various juices. The lid seals it off easily and it's super easy to clean and get the cubes out when they're ready. It's also handy that they can be stored at an angle when the freezer is cramped. I highly recommend these.

Perixx DX-1000L, Gaming Mouse Pad - 12.60"x10.60"x0.08" Dimension - Non-slip Rubber base - Special Treated Textured Weave
Offered by Perixx USA
Price: $14.90
5 used & new from $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Edges Wear Down, April 23, 2014
The edges quickly wear down and make it very rough on your wrists and arm as you slide the mouse around. It wasn't a problem until a couple weeks after using it. Now I only use it when I'm using a carpal tunnel wrist band to keep the mousepad from scratching up my arm. I also wouldn't call the material good for gaming either. It's fine for my work station, but it's too rough for quick movements. It may be only $9 (April 2014), but I've had plenty of cheap mousepads that didn't scrape my arm after some use.

BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt
BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing, But Unfair Pricing, February 19, 2013
The interviews reveal interesting aspects of the Bioshock: Infinite story and it's very well written. The only problem is that the $3 entry free is a bit much considering just how quickly it's over. It should have been priced at $1 or contained a little more meat.

Syndicate [Download]
Syndicate [Download]
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, Short Single Player, Expansive Coop, February 22, 2012
Dubstep-fueled boss fights and explosive mayhem define Syndicate's single player. While its plot certainly isn't the most original, it's compelling enough to keep forward momentum as the main character travels from one location. At each of these locations Kilo (the protagonist) brutally kills people with his guns metal hacking abilities. The mental upgrades you unlock are a great way to keep the combat evolving and fresh as the story continues. The single player is only about 6-7 hours, but it's filled with enough action to make most people happy.

The coop portion of the game actually has a decent amount of depth. It contains fully customization Syndicates where people recruit a team of friends and track each other's progress as well as help the team getting needed upgrades. There are a decent amount of maps and the amount of possible upgrades is not dissimilar to a modern Call of Duty style multiplayer experience.

Overall, it is a great game that didn't fully live up to its potential in the single-player arena. The story should have been fleshed out more with more likable characters and there should have been more player choice in pivotal forks in the story.

DBTech USB HD Video and Audio Capture Device - Convert Analog Video tapes, VHS Video to Digital Video

2.0 out of 5 stars Technically Works, Terrible Audio, February 17, 2012
While it technically works and captures content, there is a constant high-pitch sound that is present even before I plug sources into it. I've tried it on several different computers with different sources (Xbox 1, PS2, SNES, Genesis, etc) and there is always a noise. Sometimes there is a annoying clicking noise when I start to capture but that usually goes away after ten seconds. I remove the hissing noise in post (Premier), but sometimes I like to live stream games so it definitely won't work for that. It's just annoying to hear it while capturing. I wouldn't really recommend this to anyone, but I don't feel like I can give it 1 star because it does technically work.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 9, 2012 1:12 PM PST

Room Noises
Room Noises
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Indie Album, December 14, 2011
This review is from: Room Noises (MP3 Music)
This is one of my favorite albums of all time. The whimsical lyrics and quirky music really captures a very unique sound and emotion. When I'm feeling a little down, I just listen to this CD to cheer me up a bit. Their newer work has a much better production value, but lost a little of the soul they had in this album. Their new albums are still great, but this is still their best work.

Fight Inside
Fight Inside

4.0 out of 5 stars Same RED, Still Awesome, November 18, 2008
This review is from: Fight Inside (MP3 Music)
The same awesome RED from End of Silence is here again with a new single. Their sound has changed slightly for what I think is a less original direction. They sound even more similar to bands like Chevelle on this song. It's still a great single and I look forward to hearing the complete album next year.