Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on DOTD
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (South Carolina, USA)

Animal Crossing: New Leaf: Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides)
by Stephen Stratton
46 used & new from $30.21

4.0 out of 5 stars A really good guide, June 11, 2013
I bought this guide because I wanted a physical checklist. I'm surprised by the amount of info in it. It's fun to read about some of the unlockable stores and locations that I haven't got yet.

I really didn't even notice the item pricing "problem" because it doesn't really matter to me. I buy things in Animal Crossing all the time, not because I want them, but to fill out my catalog, so the selling prices in the guide don't mean much to me. I know you can sell things in Re-Tail and I've been doing that quite a bit, but once I choose what I wanted to sell, the section that allows me to input my selling price already has the Re-tail "1/4" price set. I can either accept that price or change my selling amount, so it's not that bad. At least, that's how it worked for me.

True, they should have had separate sections for buying and selling but I didn't think it was a big thing. The lack of wet-suits is annoying, since there's more than one but, hey, I never said this guide was perfect. With useful information about your villagers (which will come in handy for events like April's Fool Day), a face and hair guide, plus the huge catalog, this price is definitely right. I'd recommend this to anyone who has, or is planning to get, Animal Crossing New Leaf.

A few more things you'll find in this guide book:
-Explanations of all island games
-Hybrid flower guide
-Brief explanations about all special characters and shop owners
-Tool guide (tells you where to get regular tools and what needs to be done to get the silver and gold variations)
-Shop hours of operation
-Basic special event guide
-Complete Cafe customer guide
-Detailed calendar and more.

Overall, I'm really happy with my purchase.

Blackmailed by the Beast (Unlikely Love Book 1)
Blackmailed by the Beast (Unlikely Love Book 1)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Her home life shaped her personality, April 14, 2012
I thought this book was really good. The main thing to realize about the heroine is that she's been a push-over for her family all of her life. As the hero kept threatening to stop helping her family, the idea that she was willing to do anything for them, to help them, became clear. I'd also like to point out that Wayne's personality would only work with someone like Lily, who's innocent, easily manipulated and young. There's no way he would try to pull that type of attitude with a more independent woman, since it wouldn't work. There are real women like Lily so I found the story believable to a point. I'd recommend this book to anyone who's bored with reading about women who are snarky and sarcastic. It provided me with a nice change of pace.

Were What? (BBW Paranormal Shapeshifter Romance)
Were What? (BBW Paranormal Shapeshifter Romance)
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I Appreciate it., December 4, 2011
After reading a multitude of 'shifter' stories, I can honestly say I appreciate this one. In most, if not all, of the stories I've come across, the male is the shifter and he has to basically chase the female and stalk her into agreeing to be his mate. There are some cases where, in addition to the male, the female is also a shifter. The problem with most of these stories is that the female is usually so self-righteous and 'independent' that she spends 2/3 of the story ignoring the apparent connection they have while treating him like HE has the problem.

Even though this story was short, it was great to see a human male and a shifter female get together even when he wasn't particularly happy about it. Even better was that she didn't play hard to get. She knew what (or who) she wanted and went after him. Wish it were longer but it was cute and refreshing.