Profile for Jersey Guy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jersey Guy RSS Feed (Randolph, NJ USA)

Panasonic ES-LT71-S Arc3 Men's Electric Shaver Wet/Dry with Flexible Pivoting Head and Automatic Cleaning System
Price: $84.99
85 used & new from $84.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than expected, August 2, 2012
My previous electric razor was Panasonic's first 13,000 rpm, liner motor model, purchased about 10 years ago. The battery finally gave out.

Having been very pleased with that model, I decided to buy a new Panasonic, so the question was "which one." 10 years later...not all that much has changed. They've introduced self-cleaning chargers, and some models have 4 or 5 blades instead of the 3 on my old model. I decided to stay in the $100 range, so purchased this model (ES-LT71-S) which is actually very similar to my old one. Main differences compared to my previous model as far as I can tell are: the new blades have an "arc", the head flexes, and this has the self-cleaning mode (press and hold the start button), the pop-up trimmer on the new one is small and intended only for sideburns (where on my old one it was larger and also intended to be used in conjunction with the foils for certain parts of the face) and this has a self-cleaning charger option.

This shaves every bit as close and closer than my previous model...in a word: great. I shave dry and it took my skin no time to adjust to this razor since it is similar enough to my previous one. I am a "5 o'clock shadow" type of guy...I need to shave every morning for a clean look. And on my old model, I needed to use the slide-up trimmer to get some of the hairs on my neck each morning. On this one, no problem for the regular foils / blades by themselves.

I do not use the self-cleaning feature...I prefer to just clean it manually...very easy following the included instructions and literally takes about a minute. I do use the charger to then dry the razor after cleaning. The noise is similar to a lap top's fan that is blowing full force. Not a problem for me.

I decided against Panny's 4 (and even 5) blade models because of the cost, and the fact that I have read that the 4 blade model has a very annoying, bright blinking LCD that stays blinking when fully charged. This has a much simpler display (what else do you need to see except the charge level?) and once charged, the display turns off.

I can't imagine that the 4 blade model shaves closer (maybe faster?), but I am 100% satisfied with the ES-LT71-S.

Kingston Digital 16GB DataTraveler 101 G2 USB 2.0 Drive - Black (DT101G2/16GBZ)
Kingston Digital 16GB DataTraveler 101 G2 USB 2.0 Drive - Black (DT101G2/16GBZ)
Offered by eTECH
Price: $10.99
24 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Xbox 360, November 18, 2011
It's a flash drive...works as advertised. For those wondering, it is fully compatible (including performance) with the XBox 360 for use as storage.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2013 11:12 AM PST

Polk Audio Atrium 4 Outdoor Speakers (Pair, Black)
Polk Audio Atrium 4 Outdoor Speakers (Pair, Black)
Price: $99.99
20 used & new from $72.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mounting options, October 16, 2011
I used these mounted in my garage powered by a Sonos Zone Player 120. Very happy with both the sound, and the mouting options. The brackets give you the option to install at a 45 degree angle. This allows you to point the speaker "downward" while at the same time turn left or right to get exactly the orientation you want. With the 12 ft. ceilings in the garage, this worked out perfect.

Great appearance, great sound, flexible mounting, and a price that won't break the bank. What else could you want?

Knape & Vogt 208ti550 Heavy-duty Shelf Bracket, 22", Titanium
Knape & Vogt 208ti550 Heavy-duty Shelf Bracket, 22", Titanium
Offered by Life and Home
Price: $8.49
5 used & new from $8.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Hey...it's a bracket!, October 16, 2011
I ordered 8 to put up a couple 8 ft. long, 2 ft. deep plywood shelves in the garage. They installed fine and appear to be consistent in quality and dimensions.

I installed them through sheet-rock into studs, and you'll need 3 lag bolts per bracket to install. I used 3 1/2 inch long, 5/16 inch lag screws. To affix the shelf to the bracket, I used 1 inch #8 machine screws and bolts that I countersunk flush with the plywood. You can use up to 3 screws per bracket to affix the shelf, but I only used two.

As some other reviewer mentioned, if you are concerned about the appearance, they are painted a gray-ish silver. Do not expect to get "shiny" stainless steel or aluminum type look that the picture indicates.

In the end...it's a shelf bracket! But I had no luck finding any this size at my local DIY store...Amazon to the rescue again!

Garage Gator GGR220 220-Pound Capacity Residential Motorized Storage System
Garage Gator GGR220 220-Pound Capacity Residential Motorized Storage System
Price: $189.99
15 used & new from $182.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but not perfect, October 13, 2011
I purchased the GGR220 from another retailer (which turned out to be a mistake). Apparently, they sent me an incorrectly re-packed / open box item which had the wrong or refurbished motor in it. Long story short...I called the manufacturer and with no fuss they shipped a brand new replacement motor for free which arrived in about 2 weeks. Excellent service from the manufacturer, V-Bro.

After some careful planning, I installed the unit in the parallel joist configuration with no problems, though I am pretty handy around the house. I am not giving the product a full 5 stars because of 2 areas I see for improvement:

1) As others have mentioned, when the cables wind up on the spool to lift the bar, they may not wind on the spool evenly which usually causes one side of the bar to rise slightly higher than the other one. Ultimately, this may cause a "skip" or "bump" and creaking sounds as the cable winds. If the manufacturer could engineer a way for the cable to wind evenly, I would find zero faults with the operation of the product at all.

2) The instruction manual needs work. I took the advice of other reviewers and carefully laid out / planned out the install on the floor first, *** and I'm glad I did! *** A couple key points to note: First, realize that the bar extends 18 inches out from each end where the cables attach. You'll need to know that measurement in order to properly position the motor mount / rail. The manual doesn't point out this measurement). Second: Step 1 of the manual shows 4 configurations for installing the motor plate, which is *critical* to get right to ultimately get the bar where you want it. The problem is the manual's illustrations are backwards! They illustrate a motor who's "Channel bar attachment tab" is on the wrong side of the motor. So, if you follow instructions blindly without laying things out...then you might be in for a lot of re-work.

In the end, the product does what it says....and does it admirably! I currently have 4 bikes plus a set of golf clubs raised off the floor to a 12 foot ceiling and would purchase the product again in a heart-beat. Just make sure you lay-out your unit before you start installing to fully understand where and in what orientation to mount the motor plate.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 24, 2012 8:59 AM PDT