Profile for K. Frappier > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Frappier RSS Feed (CT, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Zina Sterling Silver Snap Hoop Earrings
Zina Sterling Silver Snap Hoop Earrings
Price: $60.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and well made., December 26, 2012
After losing one of my small white gold hoop earrings, I searched the local clothing stores for some simple silver hoops. Although I've found "cheap" silver hoops, I've never been happy with my purchases, so the search continued. You get what you pay for. On a whim, I added these earrings to my wishlist on Amazon and was delighted to receive them for Christmas. I couldn't be more pleased. They are extremely well made and I love the loud snap sound they make when I put them on. I know these won't be falling off.

My mother-in-law who purchased them for me was surprised and disappointed in how small they were for the price. I think I put them on my wishlist during a black friday or cyber monday deal that was going on.... Or maybe not. I forget. But I'm happy she bought them for me. I'm looking into purchasing more Zina jewelry when I see a sale. My search for quality hoops has ended.

Convergence (The Blending Book 1)
Convergence (The Blending Book 1)
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars one of my favorite series, October 7, 2011
I am so happy this series is now available for the kindle. Since the characters change so much over the course of the series, I enjoy rereading it every other year or so.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2011 6:27 AM PDT

Bioelements All Things Pure Moisturizer, 2-Ounce
Bioelements All Things Pure Moisturizer, 2-Ounce
Offered by Super Duper Deals
Price: $28.05
18 used & new from $23.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Thick creamy moisturizer, July 2, 2011
Two weeks ago, I had my first facial at a local spa. They used nothing but Bioelements products on my skin and provided me with samples. One of the samples (she gave me a few samples each per product type) was for All Things Pure Moisturizer. At first I thought it was too rich - making my skin feel coated and heavy. But now my face just feels....luscious and dewy. I would frequently get compliments on my skin before, so I can't wait to see how Bioelements changes my complexion and skin tone. Buying Bioelements products are like having the spa at home. They don't test on animals, are light on fragrance, and they use glass containers which are easier to recycle. On top of that, you can get Subscribe & Save for an even better price. I'm very pleased.

Please note I used to use Aveda products for years and I have very sensitive skin. This product is cheaper than the Calmitude moisturizer for sensitive skin and I'm just as pleased with it. I prefer this product line over Aveda's because I like the scent better and it seems like a richer product for about the same price.

Go Cat Cat Catcher Teaser Wand with Mouse Cat Toy
Go Cat Cat Catcher Teaser Wand with Mouse Cat Toy
Offered by Great Price Fast Service
Price: $6.89
17 used & new from $6.75

5.0 out of 5 stars They play with it by themselves!, June 17, 2011
My cats, 10 and 3, can't get enough of this toy. Jack, the older cat, will play with it if I leave it sitting on the table. If it doesn't fall down off the table, he will play with it for some time. Soon Nala will find it, too. Though she will try to walk away with it as her prize catch...

They will play with it as long as I will dangle it in front of them; I tire of it before they do. At one point, it looked like kitty tennis. I would dangle it in between the two of them and they would bat it back and fourth to each other. Pretty amusing!

I couldn't be more pleased which this purchase.

Storm Glass (Glass, Book 1)
Storm Glass (Glass, Book 1)
by Maria V. Snyder
Price: $12.50
130 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Very shallow, little development, and barely any description., February 21, 2010
I really wanted to like this book, but the plot was all over the place. Character names like Sir, Tricky, Blue Eyes, and Crafty screamed "bad writing" to me. Give your characters real names and SHOW us who they are with their actions. Often times the book felt like continuous dialog with characters I couldn't understand or feel connected to. Lack of description or scene setting made me feel like I was just living inside Opal's head. Granted it's written in first person, I would have enjoyed more description or background. If you haven't read the Study series first, you will likely be lost in this book.

The driving force of the plot was equally confusing. Even at the end of the book, I still felt like I didn't really know why any of the events took place. SPOILER - People are jealous of the Stormdancer's ability to harness the power of the storms into glass orbs of workable energy. So Opal's being hunted because she knows the right sand mix to make glass orbs. She also knows where the imprisoned Warper's glass prisons are [from last book]. Who cares about diamonds? Opal is encouraged to experiment with her powers. However, she will likely be jailed and punished because she may be too dangerous. Yet if she wasn't encouraged, none of this would likely have happened. Yet she's still to blame for being dangerous. Opal also randomly falls in love with the stormdancer, yet she sleeps with someone else.

I just had a hard time believing most of these characters. Even in the Study series, it seemed like Yelena and Valek could do no true wrong. Some how they always got out of everything at the last minute. Opal seems to have similar encounters. The Study series was fun - though Fire Study was all over the place. The Glass series lacks a coherent plot, scene setting, and character development.

I gave it two stars because I did finish it. I wanted to know more about the world and about Opal's magic. But I finished the book disappointed and confused.

Eat For Health: The Mind Makeover (Unabridged)
Eat For Health: The Mind Makeover (Unabridged)
by Joel Fuhrman
Edition: Audio CD
21 used & new from $18.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent new information about what keeps us fat and how to change., December 15, 2009
I've read a lot about health, yet I still remain overweight. Why? Finally I feel I understand why from listening to Dr. Fuhrman's audio book. For those who aren't familiar with some health basics, Dr. Fuhrman dispells such myths that "dairy is good for you" and "you can't get enough protein from plant sources". He explains the importance of eating highly nutrient foods.

This book differs from Eat To Live in that it's more gradual in weening you off unhealthy foods and introducing fruits and veggies into your diet.

I was able to lose weight using the Eat to Live's drastic six weeks of optimal nutrient eating. The weight just fell off effortlessly. However, I feel I was only able to do this after recovering from a stomach flu. Earlier this year, I was so sick I couldn't keep water in my system what so ever. After listening to Eat for Health, I feel that sickness completely reset my hunger drive and removed all cravings.

Right after that stomach flu, I was able to eat large quantites of salad. In Eat for Health, Dr. Fuhrman explains toxic hunger. It's our salt cravings, our sweet tooth, and our need to eat all the time. When we aren't eating these empty calorie high salt high fat foods, our body starts to detox. It's this detox that makes us think we have hypoglycemia or that we are hungry. When we put more food in our mouth (usually more junk) it alleviates these symptoms. We forever think we are hungry. Technically we are still hungry since our body is desparte for nutrients, yet it's addicted to bad food.

Learning about that toxic hunger has taught me why I struggle to lose weight. I'm physically and emotionally addicted to bad food. Despite all the knowledge I have about what to eat, I feel this book has really prepared me for the detox my body will go through when I change my diet. Eventually, after I lost weight the first time using the Eat to Live principles, I gained it all back when bad food was introduced into my diet again. My addictions consumed me again (no pun intended).

Listening to Dr. Fuhrman speak has really motivated me. I'm slowly encorporating his suggestions. I highly recommend this audio book. His information will hopefully make the difference for me this time around.

Porta-Pro Folding Headphones
Porta-Pro Folding Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, great bass, excellent warranty., November 9, 2009
I purchased some Shure headphones for twice the price and they didn't have the bass that these under $50 headphones have. Currently I own three pairs of them.

If you are tired of buying cheaper headphones only to have them break after a few months, these are the headphones for you. They typically last me 6 to 9 months which is pretty good in my book. What usually breaks every time is the connection to one speaker. So I'm left with no speaker sound on one side.

With Koss, you just send them back along with $6 for shipping. Then you get a brand new pair back.

They are clunky looking, but they are super comfortable to wear.

The reason I have three pairs is that one broke so I bought another. When that one finally broke after a year, I bought yet another. Two pairs were sent back for fixing while I listened to the new pair. Now I have three new pairs.

I have let friends borrow them and they didn't want to give them back.

Before finding Koss headphones, I used to buy Sony headphones all the time. They would break (same no speaker on one side problem) after only three months. Then I'd have to throw them away. With Koss, I've received more than my money's worth.

New York Style Garlic Bagel Crisps, 6-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)
New York Style Garlic Bagel Crisps, 6-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very flavorful!, April 21, 2009
After ignoring these in the supermarket for some time, I was introduced to them at my new job where everyone kept scarfing them down. Being a garlic lover, I just had to try one. I'm hooked. They are light, airy, and so full of flavor. They do get your hands a bit greasy reminding you that they aren't a fat free light food. I'm not into potato chips, so I searched my supermarket for the garlic flavor to no avail. How delightful I can order them from Amazon!

I gave the review 4 stars because sometimes the bag is full of broken pieces instead of full bagel chips. As another reviewer said, a resealable bag would add to the product. However, maybe the creators know how quickly they will be devoured... :)

Eat to Live: The Revolutionary Formula for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss
Eat to Live: The Revolutionary Formula for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss
by Joel Fuhrman
182 used & new from $0.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Info isn't new, but the way it was written has helped me lose 15 pounds, March 1, 2009
I actually found this book a bit boring because the information wasn't new to me. I've read all the books by Dr. McDougall and found Eat To Live to just be a updated equivalent with just a different spin on the language used. Dr. McDougall focuses more on a starch based diet, but the info on nutrition is almost identical. You can find similar advice in Dr. Dean Ornish's books as well.

So, if I've read all this info on nutrition, why haven't I lost the weight before? There are two reasons. One, I'm kind of lazy and just didn't put the work in. That was until I read this book. For some reason, reading how much salad and raw veggies I should eat, helped me get on track. Also, reading how much fiber to eat has helped, too. With the McDougall diet, I find I eat too much starch and not enough veggies. Thanks to Eat to Live, I've changed the ratio and eat tons of salad with starch on the side (beans, rice, etc).

The second reason is that I decided I'm finally worth it. I know all this stuff about health, but I've never applied it. My father is getting over having cancer and I wanted to show him how to be healthy. I want to live an example.

I eat fruit in the morning with oatmeal. Then for lunch and dinner, I eat these huge salads with a cup of beans in them. I'm eating 99% vegan and loving it.

Granted, I have cheated and eaten some veggie pizza here and there. Or some ice cream. But I weigh myself daily and lose about 2 pounds a week. I'm sure if I didn't cheat, I'd lose even more weight faster. But I'm happy!

People I see every day are finally starting to notice the weight loss. You can really see it in my face. I've lost 15 pounds so far. I must admit, I had a stomach bug two months ago that caused me to lose 4 pounds. But when I could actually eat again after the bug went through my system, I was eating the Eat to Live way and kept losing more weight.

Strangely, I do not crave junk food anymore. I crave salad! Isn't that weird? I find myself eating junk (the pizza and ice cream) out of habit and for emotional reasons. Yet afterward, I'm not satisfied at all. Also, if I eat pizza for lunch, I'm not hungry for dinner. So I think that helped me not gain additional weight.

I'm very aware now of what makes me feel good after I eat it. Eating the Eat to Live way makes me feel so much better!

What have you to lose except pounds! :) I may write back later with an update about how much more I've lost.

Crosley Stereo Turntable Sound System Cr66-pa Rochester
Crosley Stereo Turntable Sound System Cr66-pa Rochester
Offered by E P D
Price: $188.46
16 used & new from $65.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of crap., December 26, 2008
My mother owns this. It's a piece of crap. The only way you can hear anything is if you have everything set to max volume. And even then it's not even very loud. Waste of money. Made of super cheap plastic. It only looks like metal. Don't waste your money.

Page: 1 | 2