Profile for clarence_cat_2000 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

"clarence_cat_2000" RSS Feed (Vienna, WV United States)

Shallow Hal
Shallow Hal
DVD ~ Jason Alexander
Offered by santa clara books
Price: $14.95
175 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Correctly Named, March 20, 2004
This review is from: Shallow Hal (DVD)
This movie most certainly lives up to the name "Shallow", as I could not find any humor in it what so ever. Let me see if I have story correct. This jerk Hal, who only wants to be seen with "sexy, attractive, skinny" women, gets hypnotized and now sees only the "inner beauty". Meaning any woman other than a perfect 10 looks like a perfect 10 because inside they are a perfect 10. And beautiful women look ugly because inside they are ugly, with the notable exception of the neighbor. So he falls in love with the bosses daughter, Rose Mary, Gwyneth Paltrow. However, when his well meaning friend says the magic words and removes the hypnotic spell, Hal no longer see the inner beauty. In spite of falling in love with Rose Mary he fails to recognize her real self when he walks right past her in the hallway. Then after some soul searching Hal realizes that he really loves Rose Mary for her extra large self. What a load of crap. This movie is insulting and degrading. Do not waste your time watching it. I only wish I could have given this movie a -5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Fashioned Entertainment, March 5, 2004
This movie is reminiscence of the westerns of the late 1940's and 1950's where you knew who the good guy was, who the bad guy was and the horse was the cowboy's best friend. I don't care if this story is based on a true story or not, it is a good story. The mustang is a true American symbol. Although small in size and not as sleek as the Arabian, Hidalgo showed that the size of the heart in the race is what is important. It was also so good to see Omar Sharif in an interesting role for a change. Viggo Mortensen was very good as the half-breed Frank Hopkins who did not like anyone insulting or hurting his horse. I will definitely go see this movie again and I am also going to recommend this film to friends and family.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Moving, January 2, 2004
This movie is very graphic in its violence and depiction of the Civil War battle in the crater. My only complaint is that American Civil War Units were not used to film this part of the film. It is portrayal of the women left behind to survive that is so moving. Their struggle to survive while waiting word from their loved ones is truly something to remember. Jude Law and Nicole Kidman show us what wonderful actors they have become. But I must say that Renee Zellweger steals every scene she appears in.

Please Stop Laughing At Me...: One Woman's Inspirational Story
Please Stop Laughing At Me...: One Woman's Inspirational Story
by Jodee Blanco
488 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Moving, September 7, 2003
Everyone with children in school should read this book. If your child does not like school or has other problems, the reason could be he or she is the victim of the class bullies. As a former victim of the bullies in my school, I cried as I read this book because this was my story. Jodee was luckier than I was as I lived in a semi-rural area and could not change schools. I endured 10 years of being ignored, teased, taunted and the victim of cruel jokes and pranks. Jodee was able to forgive her tormentors; I cannot forgive or forget. Because 25 plus years later when I see one of my former tormentors, they still say something hurtful and cruel. Bullies NEVER change.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 29, 2008 10:17 AM PDT

Pentax ZX-5N 35mm SLR Camera (Body Only)
Pentax ZX-5N 35mm SLR Camera (Body Only)
4 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, November 14, 2002
My first camera was a Pentax ME which I wore out. Because I had such good luck with the ME, I purchased this camera as a replacement. I found it very easy to use and the built in flash with the red-eye flash to be very helpful. My only complaint is that if you use the built in flash the batteries in the camera do not last as long. Also the built in flash does not light large areas very well. I like the fact that the camera will not take a picture if there is not enough light.

This Is the Sea [VHS]
This Is the Sea [VHS]
VHS
Offered by Eli 2000
Price: $44.98
12 used & new from $4.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Gabriel Byrne at his finest, November 4, 2002
This review is from: This Is the Sea [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I liked this movie very much. I do not know much about the conflict in Northern Ireland and I abhor violence, especially violence done in the name of religion. This story is more like Shakespear's Romeo and Juliet as it is about the attraction between two young poeple from different branches of the same culture. Plus, I am just a little bit biased as I am a great fan of Gabriel Byrne's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must for Gabriel Byrne fans, October 31, 2002
As a fan of Gabriel Byrne I went to see this movie because he stars in it. I enjoyed the movie very much. Gabriel Byrne was excellent as usual and the special effects were good. The story was similar to other haunted house/ship movies I have seen and books I have read. I plan to see this movie a second time.

Olympus Infinity Zoom 80 QD Date 35mm Camera
Olympus Infinity Zoom 80 QD Date 35mm Camera
8 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use, July 5, 2002
This camera is perfect for family picnic's, get together's and around the house use. I especially like the fact that is has the date on each picture, although, you have to check to make sure the correct date date is shown. The camera is easy to load, flashes automatically and easy to zoom. Plus it is small enough to carry in a pocket, purse, or backpack. Also perfect for baby showers.

What Your Mother Never Told You About Sex
What Your Mother Never Told You About Sex
by Hilda Hutcherson
132 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful helpful book on understanding yourself, May 11, 2002
As the daughter of a mother who told me nothing about sex, I found this book to be very informative and insightful. I am not young but I learned things about myself I wish I had learned as a teenager. I highly recomend this book to all women, with and without children, who want to learn to appreciate their bodies and learn to have a better relationship with their significant other. This book should also be read by men who want to understand why women feel they way they do.