Profile for M. Dog > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 218

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Dog RSS Feed

Offered by PrettyStar Store
Price: $10.97
2 used & new from $8.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 14, 2014
Great product. Well made and perfect to task

Perfect Fitness Ab Carver Pro
Perfect Fitness Ab Carver Pro
Price: $39.99
15 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you wondering if it's worth it?, May 7, 2014
I bet I know what you are thinking: It this thing worth the $40.00 or so dollars over the simpler, various ab wheels that sell for around $12.00. Trust me. This one (ab carver pro) is worth the extra money. It is such a sturdier and much more stable platform, first off. You don't get that irritating sense of wobble the ab wheels give you. Thus, the motion back and forth is so smooth and secure. Secondly the hand grips on this machine are outstanding. Sooo much better comfort and ergonomic-wise. I have used both. I used the inexpensive ab wheel for a few months before investing the extra money in this machine. I am very impressed how much improved my ab workout is with this machine. The muscles feel much more targeted and the more stable platform and hand grips make everything better.

Liquid Bearings with EXTRA-LONG 3" needle, 100%-synthetic oil for all typewriters, restores sticky or frozen keys!
Offered by Liquid Bearings
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great typewriter oil, great customer service, December 6, 2013
I recently purchased an older portable manual typewriter ( Smith Corona Super Sterling). It seemed to worked pretty well. I bought this product and put a drop to each key. Now it works so much better and smoother! As a side note, this company has great customer service as well! I spoke to them about a very minor issue (I was missing one of the needle applicators). They immediately apologized for the oversight and sent one very quickly free of charge. Old school service.

Brushtech Hair Catching and Sink Overflow Cleaning Brush
Brushtech Hair Catching and Sink Overflow Cleaning Brush
Price: $7.00
7 used & new from $2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars An outstanding tool that works exactly as described, December 6, 2013
Read the product description - the tool does exactly as promised therein! How may tools or products fulfills the manufacture's
promises? This one does. I used it on my bathroom drain - it slipped in easily under the stopper (which cannot be removed easily), worked it in a bit, gave a twist, and pulled out a massive hunk of hair and stuff. Bam. Fast running drain. Same experience with my bathroom sink. Great product.

Pickboy Bridge Pin set, Brass, 6 pins with puller
Pickboy Bridge Pin set, Brass, 6 pins with puller
Price: $23.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Unmistakable improvement in tone., August 5, 2013
I recently bought an inexpensive but really very nice guitar (Jasmine S35 Acoustic Guitar, Natural) and wanted to upgrade the plastic pins, which were unsubstantial. When I put this pin set in, the difference was amazing. Sure, they added a nice, secure heft which held the strings in place; but the tone was very much improved. This surprised and pleased me greatly. I guess I expected a bit of tone change, maybe, but not this much. I use D'Addario extra light phosphor bronze, and the strings just ring now with new brightness and depth. Very much recommended.

Chump Change
Chump Change
DVD ~ A.J. Benza
Offered by arrow-media
Price: $9.79
29 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice suprise, July 4, 2013
This review is from: Chump Change (DVD)
I enjoyed this film completely and, for me, it came out of nowhere. I found Steve Burrows incredibly likable and very funny; and he was surrounded by a great cast. If you are in the mood for an intelligent bit of fun, with some surprisingly effective moments, give Chump Change a try. Most surprising of all is how sweet, adorable, and talented is Traci Lords. She's a really fine comedic actress with the gift of natural timing.

Michigan Maple Block AGA01812 18 x 12" Maple Cutting Board
Michigan Maple Block AGA01812 18 x 12" Maple Cutting Board
Offered by Deals Discount Online
Price: $42.65
6 used & new from $38.07

5.0 out of 5 stars A dream cutting board, March 30, 2013
This cutting board is exactly what I was looking for in a board - thick, heavy, well made; and just screams "lifetime service." Beautiful maple cutting board. I've had mine about 6 months now and it is solid as a rock. I use the Emmet's Elixer the manufacturer recommends to keep it well treated. You cannot go wrong with this board. It's now being offered at a price below what I paid for it!

ACORN Men's Luke Moccasin Slipper,Cocoa Knit,10 M US
ACORN Men's Luke Moccasin Slipper,Cocoa Knit,10 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great slippers, March 18, 2013
I purchased these to replace a pair of worn out ACORN slippers, and I like this new pair even better than the old pair (these were a bit more expensive than my first pair but worth the price). Very, very warm and well made. They fit about like I expected (about normal shoe sizes), but with slippers I always get a half size smaller than shoe because fuzzy warm lining packs down over time.

Uniden 1380BK Corded Caller ID phone with Answering System, black, one phone
Uniden 1380BK Corded Caller ID phone with Answering System, black, one phone
4 used & new from $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone - Great Price, March 18, 2013
I bought this phone because the unit combined both answering machine and caller ID, AND my ATT phone had developed a bad buzzing sound. This phone was extremely easy to set up; and the set up was very intuitive. The calls are now clear with no static or buzzing, and the answering machine and caller ID work beautifully. The screen is not backlight, so there must be light in the room to read the screen, but that is alright with me. The price was fantastic and the product is very good. If, over time, I find that the phone broke or performed poorly, I will update this review. No updates, no problems.

New and Selected Poems: 1962-2012
New and Selected Poems: 1962-2012
by Charles Simic
Price: $22.04
44 used & new from $15.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Simic - Still Making New Connections, January 23, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have loved this poet since the 1980s. What makes him so incredible is that he can pierce to the deepest part of a moment - a seemingly simple or common instant - and make it brilliant with fresh ideas. It's like he has a gift for connecting parts of the reader's brain that are new and untried. This great collection goes back to all his published volumes of poetry, including my favorite from his early work, "Charon's Cosmology." This poem captures why I love Simic:

"With only his dim lantern
To tell him where he is
And every time a mountain
Of fresh corpses to load up

Take them to the other side
Where there are plenty more
I'd say by now he must be confused
As to which side is which

I'd say it doesn't matter
No one complains he's got
Their pockets to go through
In one a crust of bread in another a sausage

Once in a long while a mirror
Or a book which he throws
Overboard into the dark river
Swift and cold and deep."

The book ends with new poems, and it's great to see this master hasn't lost a step. He is still making those new connections in the gray matter - illuminating things for the reader so that simple things are seen clearly - but in new ways.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2014 2:17 AM PDT