Profile for Book Spirit > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Book Spirit RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Nice Shades 56" Military Style Canvas Web Belt w/ Silver Roller Buckle (Red)
Nice Shades 56" Military Style Canvas Web Belt w/ Silver Roller Buckle (Red)
Offered by EnimayStore
Price: $5.07
3 used & new from $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke After Two Weeks, February 28, 2015
I liked it until it broke exactly two weeks after I got it. The toothed clasp fell off in the snow and disappeared, and now the belt won't latch. It was pretty, but perhaps a bit too flimsy for daily use. It was also difficult to unlatch the belt. The release mechanism got stuck sometimes, and it would take several tries to undo the belt around my waist. I returned the belt.

Set of 2 Talavera Lizards Ceramic Cabinet Drawer Pull Knobs
Set of 2 Talavera Lizards Ceramic Cabinet Drawer Pull Knobs
Offered by Carolina Hardware and Decor, LLC
Price: $6.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Winner Knobs, February 6, 2015
We looked at closet knobs for weeks and kept coming back to these cheerful porcelain creations. Our closet doors are painted light green, so the knobs match perfectly. We had to use longer screws from some other knobs because the screws that came with these knobs were short. But, other than that, these knobs are perfect--fun, functional, whimsical and attractive. Just right for what we needed.

US Acrylic® Cotton Ball and Swab Holder
US Acrylic® Cotton Ball and Swab Holder
Offered by U.S. Acrylic, LLC
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job Just Fine, February 6, 2015
This is a simple, shiny useful invention. It is the second one we've purchased and this one feels more heavy duty. Holds Q-tips and cotton balls. Totally utilitarian and goes with any décor since it's clear. And the price was reasonable too!

THE SILVER PALATE COOKBOOK: DELICIOUS RECIPES, MENUS, TIPS, LORE FROM MANHATTAN'S CELEBRATED GOURMET FOOD SHOP.
by Julee Rosso
40 used & new from $6.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Silver Palate Holds Up Over the Century!, December 28, 2014
This 1972 book was a gift for a friend whose old copy was tattered and unbound. I searched for a nice replacement for awhile before buying it secondhand on amazon.com. This was a barely used hardback edition with a jacket, and she loves it! The recipes are delicious. Many are not particularly healthy since they contain cream or butter, but health-conscious people and cream lovers can both find plenty of things to try. Blueberry soup and mushrooms stuffed with spinach, walnuts and cheese are particularly tasty. I'm trying the ginger pumpkin mousse out on friends tomorrow. You won't go wrong with this classic cookbook.

Outdoor Research Men's Seattle Sombrero Hat, Glacier/Dark Grey, Small
Outdoor Research Men's Seattle Sombrero Hat, Glacier/Dark Grey, Small
Price: $51.05
6 used & new from $49.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Hat Ever!, November 16, 2013
I am female with a small to medium-sized head. I ordered a men's S/P Seattle Sombrero hat a few days before we began a jungle/beach trip in Central America. The hat arrived late the night before we left, so I didn't have time to test it. The hat packed nicely flat in my suitcase, and once we disembarked, I wore it every day. It rained constantly, in sheets, droves, mists, drizzles and deluges. Water formed little droplets on this hat and rolled right off. The chin strap helped during windiness. The hat wasn't too heavy or hot. With the brim, which was 2 3/4" on three sides and 3 1/2" on the back (the XL size brim is 3" on three sides and 3 3/4" on the back), it worked as a beach and boating hat too. The electric blue is radiant but not garish. It didn't scare the monkeys or birds, but my companions could easily find me in the jungle. When we got back to the states, we threw our hats in the washer and air-dried them. Just flung water on the clean hat, and the water beaded right up. Superb invention; you won't be disappointed with this Gore-tex hat.

Kikkerland Mini Dry Erase Board, Assorted Colors (MH09-A)
Kikkerland Mini Dry Erase Board, Assorted Colors (MH09-A)
Price: $10.67
4 used & new from $4.25

2.0 out of 5 stars Barely Adequate, November 16, 2013
Got this little board for our camper, and its petite size is great for small spaces. I like the board colors (we randomly received green), but in reality, with a colored background, it is hard to read notes written in any color but black. The pen that comes with it is awful, and the magnet on the back fell off the first day. Had to repair it with double-stick tape. I would say it is an adequate invention, but I wouldn't order another one.

Lupine 3/4" Blue 6-Foot Dog Lead
Lupine 3/4" Blue 6-Foot Dog Lead
Price: $10.26
13 used & new from $8.80

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate Lead, But Nothing Beats Retractable, November 16, 2013
Solid, comfortable leash, but the fabric it's made of is tufting ever so lightly after just a few days' use, little wisps of threads on the surface. Also, I ended up knotting the leash to make it a bit shorter, since it drooped while walking. A 4-foot leash would have been too short; 6' may be slightly too long for my dog and me. A lot depends on size of the dog, pace of the walk, distance between dog and walker, etc. We got this leash as a temporary substitute while waiting for a new Flexi retractable leash. This lead did its job, but we were glad to go back to the retractable.

Avanti Linens Blue Waters Shower Curtain, Multi
Avanti Linens Blue Waters Shower Curtain, Multi
Price: $31.29
8 used & new from $29.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Trip to the Beach, September 2, 2013
A desert-dweller, I do sneak away to a beach somewhere once a year. Now I can go every day just by admiring this shower curtain. It's the nicest one I've ever owned. The heavy duty fabric hangs beautifully and doesn't blow around when you're in the shower. Although the curtain substantial, it still lets a bit of sunlight through. The colors are serene and calming. It's well-made, and I expect it will last a long time.

MPERO SNAPZ Series Glossy Case for Nokia Lumia 928 - White Paint Splatter
MPERO SNAPZ Series Glossy Case for Nokia Lumia 928 - White Paint Splatter
Offered by Empire Case
Price: $0.99
4 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Coolest Phone on the Block!, September 2, 2013
OK, I admit, I don't get out much, technologically speaking. But this phone case makes me feel hip and fun-loving. I looked at all the colors and this one called my name. I snapped it on, a perfect fit, plus it's lightweight. My tiny girl hands don't have any trouble finding the phone buttons or holding the encased phone. It has just enough of a rim to protect the phone screen a bit. The one thing I don't know is how to remove the case. But I'll let my phone company worry about that when it's time for a new battery. Best $8.95 I ever spent!

Cami Camisole Built in Shelf BRA Adjustable Spaghetti Strap Tank Top,Medium,Teal
Offered by Think Fast
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Thin but Comfortable, April 2, 2013
I ordered the aqua medium camisole, which is a great color. I'm 5'6", 125 pounds and not voluptuous. The fit is a big snug, but comfortable and supportive. The straps are made of elastic instead of cotton knit like the rest of the camisole. Not sure how durable the straps will prove to be. I was going to order two more, but decided not to after receiving the first one. I'll keep it, but want to wait and see how it holds up after washing and aging.

Page: 1 | 2