Profile for Book Spirit > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Book Spirit RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Outdoor Research Men's Seattle Sombrero Hat, Glacier/Dark Grey, Small
Outdoor Research Men's Seattle Sombrero Hat, Glacier/Dark Grey, Small
Price: $58.82
4 used & new from $58.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Hat Ever!, November 16, 2013
I am female with a small to medium-sized head. I ordered a men's S/P Seattle Sombrero hat a few days before we began a jungle/beach trip in Central America. The hat arrived late the night before we left, so I didn't have time to test it. The hat packed nicely flat in my suitcase, and once we disembarked, I wore it every day. It rained constantly, in sheets, droves, mists, drizzles and deluges. Water formed little droplets on this hat and rolled right off. The chin strap helped during windiness. The hat wasn't too heavy or hot. With the brim, which was 2 3/4" on three sides and 3 1/2" on the back (the XL size brim is 3" on three sides and 3 3/4" on the back), it worked as a beach and boating hat too. The electric blue is radiant but not garish. It didn't scare the monkeys or birds, but my companions could easily find me in the jungle. When we got back to the states, we threw our hats in the washer and air-dried them. Just flung water on the clean hat, and the water beaded right up. Superb invention; you won't be disappointed with this Gore-tex hat.

Kikkerland Mini Dry Erase Board, Assorted Colors (MH09-A)
Kikkerland Mini Dry Erase Board, Assorted Colors (MH09-A)
Price: $9.37
12 used & new from $4.25

2.0 out of 5 stars Barely Adequate, November 16, 2013
Got this little board for our camper, and its petite size is great for small spaces. I like the board colors (we randomly received green), but in reality, with a colored background, it is hard to read notes written in any color but black. The pen that comes with it is awful, and the magnet on the back fell off the first day. Had to repair it with double-stick tape. I would say it is an adequate invention, but I wouldn't order another one.

Lupine 3/4" Blue 6-Foot Dog Lead
Lupine 3/4" Blue 6-Foot Dog Lead
Price: Click here to see our price
10 used & new from $7.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate Lead, But Nothing Beats Retractable, November 16, 2013
Solid, comfortable leash, but the fabric it's made of is tufting ever so lightly after just a few days' use, little wisps of threads on the surface. Also, I ended up knotting the leash to make it a bit shorter, since it drooped while walking. A 4-foot leash would have been too short; 6' may be slightly too long for my dog and me. A lot depends on size of the dog, pace of the walk, distance between dog and walker, etc. We got this leash as a temporary substitute while waiting for a new Flexi retractable leash. This lead did its job, but we were glad to go back to the retractable.

Avanti Linens Blue Waters Shower Curtain, Multi
Avanti Linens Blue Waters Shower Curtain, Multi
Price: $39.86
8 used & new from $33.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Trip to the Beach, September 2, 2013
A desert-dweller, I do sneak away to a beach somewhere once a year. Now I can go every day just by admiring this shower curtain. It's the nicest one I've ever owned. The heavy duty fabric hangs beautifully and doesn't blow around when you're in the shower. Although the curtain substantial, it still lets a bit of sunlight through. The colors are serene and calming. It's well-made, and I expect it will last a long time.

MPERO SNAPZ Series Glossy Case for Nokia Lumia 928 - White Paint Splatter
MPERO SNAPZ Series Glossy Case for Nokia Lumia 928 - White Paint Splatter
Offered by Empire Case
Price: $0.25
4 used & new from $0.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Coolest Phone on the Block!, September 2, 2013
OK, I admit, I don't get out much, technologically speaking. But this phone case makes me feel hip and fun-loving. I looked at all the colors and this one called my name. I snapped it on, a perfect fit, plus it's lightweight. My tiny girl hands don't have any trouble finding the phone buttons or holding the encased phone. It has just enough of a rim to protect the phone screen a bit. The one thing I don't know is how to remove the case. But I'll let my phone company worry about that when it's time for a new battery. Best $8.95 I ever spent!

Cami Camisole Built in Shelf BRA Adjustable Spaghetti Strap Tank Top,Medium,Aqua blue
Offered by Khanomak
Price: $16.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Thin but Comfortable, April 2, 2013
I ordered the aqua medium camisole, which is a great color. I'm 5'6", 125 pounds and not voluptuous. The fit is a big snug, but comfortable and supportive. The straps are made of elastic instead of cotton knit like the rest of the camisole. Not sure how durable the straps will prove to be. I was going to order two more, but decided not to after receiving the first one. I'll keep it, but want to wait and see how it holds up after washing and aging.

Ravensburger Fruitful Bounty - 1000 Piece Puzzle
Ravensburger Fruitful Bounty - 1000 Piece Puzzle
Offered by shelly D
Price: $31.50
10 used & new from $31.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Diabolical!!!!, December 14, 2012
This was my first 1000-piece puzzle. Now that I've finished, the puzzle is five stars. When in process, at times I thought the puzzle was one star for its sheer evilness. "This piece is missing. There is no piece for this spot--I've tried all 47 that are similar and none of them works. This puzzle is impossible. How can this swoopy piece possibly fit anywhere? I'll never finish it." all ran through my mind when I was working. But the reward of finishing is well worth the challenge.

There are some really odd, unique pieces, plus many pieces that are virtually identical, except they're not. You must pay very close attention to detail. Plus, the actual puzzle is 27" x 19", but the image on the box is 7" x 5". What looks like a tiny grape on the box is actually 4" on the puzzle. My mind was constantly doing algebraic calculations to compensate for the discrepancy, which made the puzzle even more wicked. But I plugged along a little a day for two weeks and finally triumphed. Now that it's done, I walk by the table just to admire it. The colors are fantastic, the finish is glossy, and the larger-than-life images are eye-catching. Beware about the pieces--sometimes they fit, but are not the right piece. And figuring out which piece to undo adds to the doubt. Prepare to be challenged, prepare to be frustrated, prepare to feel victorious and gleeful. It's a great mind-twister!

Note--the inside package of pieces wasn't sealed in a bag. Instead the bag had a plastic clip holding it closed, like a loaf of bread. I was worried pieces would be missing, but in the end, none were.

Garden Birds 500 Piece Puzzle
Garden Birds 500 Piece Puzzle
Price: $10.49
40 used & new from $9.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Colorful First-Class Fun!, November 30, 2012
I returned a different puzzle from another maker and hoped this Ravensburger would be better. It is! The colors are deeply vibrant and gorgeous. The puzzle is a low-sheen gloss, so it's easy to see while assembling. Puzzle backing is stiff, blue cardboard, which makes pieces snap together crisply. Piece shapes have just enough diabolical ones to keep things interesting. Once assembled, the puzzle "pops" with beauty and charm. I usually give my puzzles away after making them, but I'm keeping this one for awhile. It's first-class fun.

Doughnuts Puzzle 1000 Piece Puzzle
Doughnuts Puzzle 1000 Piece Puzzle
Offered by Cellar_Door_Books
Price: $16.99
15 used & new from $14.67

2.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to Love this Puzzle but..., November 24, 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
We were excited to order the doughnut puzzle, which looked fabulous in the photo. However, the photo of the puzzle is glossier and sharper than the actual puzzle. In reality the puzzle has a matte finish, rather than a glossy finish, with some distortion/out of focus portions. At the larger puzzle size, bits of it are blurry and it is hard to match pieces with the photo on the box. The pieces don't interlock/click into place with that satisfying 'snap' like other puzzles due to the soft cardboard base, so even when you have the right piece, it's often loose. We wish the company had used sturdier, harder cardboard and a sharper cutter for the pieces. A few color parts of the puzzle are peeling off the base, there are bends and nicks in the cardboard. The puzzle measures 26" x 19", so the pieces are on the small side. Sadly, we returned this puzzle.

KuulAire PACKA45 Portable Evaporative Cooling Unit with 200 Square Foot Cooling Capacity, 375 CFM, Black
4 used & new from $130.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Bonus Cooling, July 30, 2012
We live in New Mexico, where many of us have evaporative coolers on our roofs. They just can't do an adequate job when it's 102 outside, so we bought this Kuulaire to supplement our rooftop unit. It cools a small space, the water lasts several hours, the filter is easy to remove and clean. Main complaint is the fan noise. Even at low speeds it is loud. Plus there is no way to mute the bright lights on the console, and this is a problem when you're trying to sleep (we put a towel over the display to cover the lights). Finally, all the buttons on the console "beep" when pushed, and there is no apparent way to mute the beeping. Overall, the Kuulaire does its job of cooling a small space despite some annoying design issues.

Page: 1 | 2