Profile for Eli West > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Eli West "Eli" RSS Feed (TN)

KA-BAR Full Size US Marine Corps  Fighting Knife, Straight
KA-BAR Full Size US Marine Corps Fighting Knife, Straight
Offered by OutdoorPros
Price: $69.64
16 used & new from $64.73

5.0 out of 5 stars What else can we say about this great knife?, October 21, 2013
From splitting wood to fileting/cutting up dinner, this is the knife for any camper. If it was good enough for every marine in my family, you better believe it's good enough for me!

Hatch Specialist All-Weather Shooting/Duty Glove, Large, Black
Hatch Specialist All-Weather Shooting/Duty Glove, Large, Black
Price: $17.95
32 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, October 21, 2013
These gloves have worked like a charm over the past year. Great Dexterity. Great Durability. And I swear they seem like they are thermal.

High Sierra Titan 65 Frame Pack Amazon/Pine/Leaf
High Sierra Titan 65 Frame Pack Amazon/Pine/Leaf
Price: $109.64
8 used & new from $109.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Might buy a bigger one too!, October 21, 2013
Pack was great, and the "More experienced" hikers/campers on our trip were impressed with the quality and cost of my pack. Tons of compartments. Shielded the internals from the water from my kayak splash easily. Rainfly would be necessary in a downpour i'm sure. I am very impressed. the total weight ended up being 28 pounds, and this thing sat perfectly on my hips. The only downside is I that I couldn't bring a couple of extra items. I will be buying a larger High Sierra pack to complement this one and use on longer trips

Taprite Bronco Keg Pump
Taprite Bronco Keg Pump
Price: $48.43
4 used & new from $38.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just works, October 21, 2013
This review is from: Taprite Bronco Keg Pump (Kitchen)
Not too much to a keg tap unless it doesn't work! This one works and does the job well! Thanks!

Ledge Sports FeatherLite +20 F Degree Ultra Light Design, Ultra Compact Sleeping Bag (84 X 32 X 20, Blue)
Price: $79.37

5.0 out of 5 stars It has done what I needed it to do!, October 21, 2013
2 Day Kayak/Camping trip. Got down to 36 degrees. I was toasty all night even without my thermals on. There wasn't much wind, but I'm confident I'd be comfortable in this badboy at 20 degrees with my thermals on. No problem with the zipper that wasn't my fault. I rolled it back up and get it into the compression sack both times. I know some people say to shove it in, but I didn't need to. Compressed down nicely and easily fit into the Sleeping bag compartment of my High Sierra Titan 6500 along with an inflatable pillow and fleece blanket. Great product, Greater Price!

Ontario - 1-18 in. Military Machete
Ontario - 1-18 in. Military Machete
Offered by Makais
Price: $26.00
35 used & new from $22.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, June 19, 2013
Overall this has been a great work tool. It wasn't very sharp right out of the packaging, but I was easily able to get a good edge on it. I used this to help trim back about 500 sqft of brush and small trees behind my house, and it did the job well. The only knock against it is that it is a bit on the heavy side. I have not used a lot of machetes so I can't say whether others are better here or not. But for the price, it worked better than I thought it would. And I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to get medium to light work out of it during camping or for yard work.

Arbalest Folding Leather Protective Silicon Bluetooth Keyboard Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" GT-N8000, Gift with one Arbalest Screen Protector for Galaxy Note 10.1"
Offered by Easy Joyance

4.0 out of 5 stars Would have been 5 Stars..., June 19, 2013
Everything is as advertised with this Keyboard/Case. I read a lot of reviews for many different products and I'm glad I settled here. The keyboard takes a little getting used to, but that is the case for any keyboard that size to fit with a tablet. It syncs very easily and holds a charge very well. I have yet to have it die on me, and I use this for work. The case itself is durable and looks very nice. The only thing that isn't great about this item is that it is a little awkward when you want to use it just as a tablet. You can fold the case flat, but it's obvious that it wasn't designed that way. A thin 1" strip of the case is visible above the tablet when it is folded flat to be used as solely a touch tab. It is obviously not a deal breaker for me, as the primary reason I bought this case was to get the function of the keyboard. All in all, this is a very good product!

CrazyOnDigital Screen Protector Film Clear (Invisible) for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 N8010 N8013 Tablet (3-pack) [DOES NOT FIT 2014 EDITION MODEL]
Offered by CrazyOnDigital Corp.
Price: $8.85
3 used & new from $3.27

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Terrible, but not great either, June 3, 2013
I had to use all three to get one close to bubble free. All three protectors had small particles stuck to the adhesive side. These created bubbles around the particle that will not go away. Some were easy to get off. Others weren't, and when this happens the adhesive side inevitably gets dirty because I had to keep trying to get it off. And before anyone asks, I made sure my screen was spotless and dustless all three times. All in all, the one that is on will do it's job, but it is still a little bubbly.

SINGER Futura XL-400 Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine with 18.5-by-11-Inch Multihoop Capability Including 2 Hoops, 125 Embroidery Designs, 5 Monogramming Fonts
Price: $580.94
35 used & new from $394.43

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this Machine!, May 18, 2012
This machine is amazing and stitches beautifully!!! Any bad review must be operator error! Read the manual and you will have no problems :)

That was my wife writing the first part. I got this for her as a gift as she wanted to embroider for our little girl and her friends. We were concerned with some of the reviews and the lack of a lot of reviews. We have had it for a few weeks now and it is working great. There is definitely a learning curve, but I think that would be with any machine. There were some thread breaks early, but it was because we had set it up wrong. The quality of the embroidery is equal to the girl who used to do our embroidery with her $5,000 Brother machine. My wife also loves the 6x10 hoop. I think that is the size, but whatever the big hoop is she loves. The other price comparables only had a 4x4 size and capability, and we are very glad we chose this one.

Edit - 8/2/2013:

We are still getting a ton of use out of this machine. The quality is excellent and everyone is always impressed with my wife when she gives them something. She has a couple of friends that have Janome and Brother machines (embroidery only) and they both have had similar problems like we experienced early on. It's really a learning curve, not only for the user but also you have to find out what works best for your machine. There is some information out there in forums and other sewing/embroidery websites. It can be hard to find at times, but its out there.

We got a question about needles breaking. This started to happen to us after I left the initial review. We found the problem to be with the bobbins we were using. We were using the machine to wind the clear bobbins that came with it. I don't know if it was the bobbin itself or if it was winding too tight but they just didn't work. We now buy a pack of 12 pre-wound bobbins from JoAnns. It's like $4 and each bobbin has 50 yards on it. We have not had another needle break in about a year.

Really, our only "Con" is that my wife dislikes having to remove the Embroidery attachment to put on the sewing one, and vice-versa. Not that it's difficult, but it's just inconvenient. If you are buying this machine you most likely have a sewing machine already. If she is sewing and embroidering she will normally sew with her old machine and embroider with the Futura XL 400.

Be patient and give yourself time to learn your machine and you will get great results. Search forums and ask questions here on amazon. Personally, I am not big on relying on companies to help me figure something out. So I cannot speak to some people's concerns with Singer customer service. I do know that most big companies struggle with Customer service so I wouldn't be surprised. There were a few times early on where we swore there was something wrong with the machine. Turns out, the "something wrong" was what we were doing!

We are very satisfied with our purchase over a year later, and would recommend this to anyone who is serious about embroidery.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2013 10:49 AM PDT