Profile for Melissa N. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1971

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Melissa N. RSS Feed (Chicago, IL United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Barbara the Slut and Other People
Barbara the Slut and Other People
by Lauren Holmes
Price: $20.48

2.0 out of 5 stars I cannot deal with the punctuation!, June 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These stories are okay. Some are better than others. But what really bugs me is the author's awful punctuation. NOT GOOD! Poor punctuation adds nothing to the value of this collection and only serves to alienate the reader. I am not amused.

Paper Mate InkJoy 100ST Ballpoint Pen and Touchscreen Stylus, Capped, Business Colors
Price: $12.92

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay, June 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Nothing super exciting here. This is a decent, affordable pen/stylus combo. It delivers what it promises, but there is nothing amazing about it.

Viper Wine: A Novel
Viper Wine: A Novel
by Hermione Eyre
Price: $19.08
73 used & new from $2.48

2.0 out of 5 stars Really, really bad despite a cool story idea, June 20, 2015
This review is from: Viper Wine: A Novel (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
"Viper Wine" is super disappointing. The premise of the story is what attracted me to the book, but there is absolutely no substance here and the novel just drags and drags and DRAGS. An interesting plot quickly falls apart and made me very glad that I received a copy of this book for free. Skip it!

Far Outside the Ordinary: A Memoir
Far Outside the Ordinary: A Memoir
by Prissy Elrod
Price: $11.91
25 used & new from $8.27

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible story, June 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was very disappointed with this book, and I have no idea why it's received so many critical accolades. This woman's story is ridiculous and she comes across as a pretty horrible person, lacking both depth and emotion. Skip it.

The Mapmaker's Children: A Novel
The Mapmaker's Children: A Novel
by Sarah McCoy
Price: $17.85
78 used & new from $9.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, June 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Very interesting novel that flashes back and forth between the time of the Underground Railroad and modern day. Two dynamic female characters are intertwined in this engaging story. I really enjoyed it.

The Marriage of Opposites
The Marriage of Opposites
by Alice Hoffman
Price: $15.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the author's best, June 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Good book, but left me wanting more. I am a fan of Hoffman's other books, but "The Marriage of Opposites" just wasn't as engaging for me. I didn't think it was all that interesting or emotional. It just left me wanting more.

How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful [Deluxe Edition]
How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful [Deluxe Edition]
Price: $15.29
76 used & new from $8.50

5.0 out of 5 stars More fabulousness from Florence, June 7, 2015
My god, Florence + the Machine is so freaking amazing. They also never disappoint. This album is very solid and is just as good as anything the band has ever done before. It's hard to select favorite tracks, but if I had to choose, they'd be "Ship to Wreck," "Which Witch," and "Third Eye." Somehow, the album itself seems a bit less intense than the group's previous efforts, but that doesn't bother me: it's just different. I adore it.

The Life and Death of Sophie Stark
The Life and Death of Sophie Stark
by Anna North
Price: $19.47
68 used & new from $10.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Intense and unique, June 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very interesting book told from the perspectives of various characters who have drifted in and out of the main character, Sophie's, life. The book is pretty depressing, but also extremely well-thought out and an emotional roller-coaster. I enjoyed it.

I Take You: A Novel
I Take You: A Novel
by Eliza Kennedy
Price: $13.71
99 used & new from $9.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, June 7, 2015
This review is from: I Take You: A Novel (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This book was okay, but not great. Some reviewers have issues with the morality of the characters in the book, but that's not my issue: I just think the book drags a lot throughout, making it hard to remain engaged with the story. It's a shame because the writing itself is really good.

Zak! Designs Mealtime Set, Plate, Bowl, Tumbler, Water Bottle, Fork & Spoon with Elsa & Anna from Frozen, BPA-Free, 6 Piece Set
Price: $14.11
12 used & new from $14.11

4.0 out of 5 stars Super cute set for your tiny "Frozen" fans, June 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Very cute, high-quality dining set. Good value for the money. Most importantly, my little niece loves it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20