Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2051

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Chicago, IL United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Season 6 [Blu-ray]
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Season 6 [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Hugh Bonneville
Price: $27.99
43 used & new from $20.39

3.0 out of 5 stars "Happily ever after" overkill, February 3, 2016
(Warning: I'm going to be mildly spoiler-y here.)

Good Blu-ray set with tons of bonus video, as always. However, I was pretty disappointed with the way the series ended. The entire season is way too neat and tidy for my taste, and Henry Talbot is SUPER lame. I am disappointed how everyone basically found love in the last few episodes of the season. It was so contrived. Also, how come everyone was happy at the end except for Mr. Carson, who was basically put out to pasture? That was awful! Tom Branson's character was brought back for no good reason, because he basically spent the entire season repeating the same speech to Mary about 50,000 times. The only redeeming part of this season was the brief moment when Downton turned into a horror film during the dining room scene where Robert's ulcer burst. That was AWESOME. But otherwise, I felt like the show took the easy way out.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2016 10:32 AM PST

The Guest Room: A Novel
The Guest Room: A Novel
by Chris Bohjalian
Price: $17.50
69 used & new from $11.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Energetic light read, January 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. It's meant for light, mindless reading but the story and characters are engaging. I enjoyed it.

The High Mountains of Portugal: A Novel
The High Mountains of Portugal: A Novel
by Yann Martel
Price: $18.39
39 used & new from $14.24

2.0 out of 5 stars No "Life of Pi", January 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is such a letdown after reading "The Life of Pi." The author's rich narrative just drags and drags in this story, which I couldn't get into from the beginning. I was very disappointed.

The Arrangement
The Arrangement
by Ashley Warlick
Price: $17.77

2.0 out of 5 stars Kind of boring, January 19, 2016
This review is from: The Arrangement (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I couldn't get into this book. I found the characters dull and uninteresting, and the plot was super slow. Skip it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2016 12:47 PM PST

American Housewife: Stories
American Housewife: Stories
by Helen Ellis
Price: $16.52
59 used & new from $11.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny stories, January 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Good book. I thought the stories were funny. This is a light, quick, pretty unsubstantial read, but it's great if you're looking for something light and fun.

bliss Triple Oxygen Radiant Protection Serum, 1 fl. oz.
bliss Triple Oxygen Radiant Protection Serum, 1 fl. oz.
Price: $58.00
9 used & new from $58.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, December 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Very nice serum. It goes on smoothly, absorbs quickly, and leaves my skin silky smooth!

The Silent Wife: A Novel
The Silent Wife: A Novel
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Marital drama, December 16, 2015
Interesting book about a common-law husband and wife, Todd and Jodi, who have grown apart and are in crisis. Todd is leaving Jodi for younger woman and Jodi doesn't take it very well, to say the least. The book is very dark and has some interesting twists, but I felt very removed from all of the characters throughout the story. As a result, I didn't feel very connected to or invested in the book.

Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things
Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sophomore effort, December 15, 2015
I love the author's humor, but I did not enjoy this book as much as her first. Much of this book focuses on her struggles with mental illness, and though it's certainly admirable that she's facing those challenges and being open about them, it's not what I was completely expecting when I read this book.

Price: $9.99
103 used & new from $4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, November 20, 2015
This review is from: 25 (Audio CD)
It is not exaggerating to say that Adele is the most powerful musical artist of my generation. I am in awe of her. She's so young and yet the emotional rawness of every single track on ALL of her albums, not just "25," speaks to EVERYONE. It's impossible not to relate to her music and be moved to tears by it. That's all aside from the amazing voice and all-around beauty of this music. I have looked forward to this album for years and it was everything I hoped it would be: outstanding.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2015 6:29 PM PST

bliss A-Bright Face, 6.7 oz.
bliss A-Bright Face, 6.7 oz.
Offered by Beauty Bridge
Price: $49.00
4 used & new from $49.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set, November 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Bliss is the bomb. Truly, the foaming face wash is a staple in my bathroom. The energizing cream is also refreshing and fabulous. This set gave me my first opportunity to try the inquired-peel, and I really liked that as well. This is also a great value for the money. Awesome set.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20