Profile for Greg Z. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Greg Z. RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Arkon Sun Visor Car Mount Holder for Apple iPhone 5 5S 5C 4S 3 3GS iPod touch
Arkon Sun Visor Car Mount Holder for Apple iPhone 5 5S 5C 4S 3 3GS iPod touch
Price: $14.90
9 used & new from $9.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little clip mount, December 23, 2014
Works exactly as it should - holds iPhone 4 securely and pivots to change the angle of the screen. Mine was also supplied with extended legs that work perfectly with the new iPhone 6. I truly appreciate companies and products that are forward thinking enough to provide accessories for the user that work with newer versions of technology. Would buy again, but based on the quality I've seen so far, I won't need to.

StudioPRO Photography Photo Video Studio Continuous Two 5 Socket AC Power Lights With 24"x36" Softboxes, 3300 Watt Lighting Kit
Offered by Fovitec
Price: $249.95
2 used & new from $249.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Serves the purpose., November 27, 2014
Takes a bit to assemble everything...I still haven't put together the two softboxes, but the light quality is beautiful, and really bright without the heat of tungsten fresnels. Bought these on rush for a video project that came up last minute, so
I probably won't use them a whole lot...but definitely pleased with what I've got out of them.

MLB Men's Atlanta Braves Point Desert Dry Polo (White/Silver, XX-Large)
MLB Men's Atlanta Braves Point Desert Dry Polo (White/Silver, XX-Large)
Price: $46.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wearing it today, May 15, 2014
Love this shirt. Fits exactly as I expected, breathes well, and is very comfortable wearing in the office, out to lunch, and even moving around a bit of office furniture. Looks great. Would buy again, but hope I don't have to.

WWE '13
WWE '13
Offered by Digitalville
Price: $17.55
69 used & new from $7.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh..., May 15, 2014
This review is from: WWE '13 (Video Game)
Got this based off reviews that '14 wasn't much of an upgrade but I still wanted a newer WWE game. There's not a career or campaign mode which I think would be fun to play. Gameplay is OK...a lot of button mashing so far.

3M Peltor Tri-Flange Ear Plugs, Green, 3-Pack
3M Peltor Tri-Flange Ear Plugs, Green, 3-Pack
Price: $5.66
25 used & new from $1.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Fit well, May 15, 2014
These fit well and stayed around my neck during a concert photography gig recently - can't argue with anything. They come with a little draw string bag big enough to fit one set but I haven't really found a use for it yet.

Yongnuo YN-622N, Yongnuo YN-622N YN 622 Wireless I TTL ITTL HSS 1/8000S Flash Trigger for Nikon DSLR 2 Transceivers
Offered by Six Square Technology Company
Price: $77.99
48 used & new from $69.00

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good, May 15, 2014
I've used these on a couple of shoots so far and haven't had a single mis-fire yet. In limited testing with the YN 560-II speedlights, I was able to achieve HSS but only when the flashes were turned up to full power. So, I suppose it would work in a pinch but not ideal.

Crucible Men's Stainless Steel Cross with Brown Wood Inlay - 24 Inches
Crucible Men's Stainless Steel Cross with Brown Wood Inlay - 24 Inches
Offered by West Coast Jewelry
Price: $36.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Love the design, hate the execution, May 15, 2014
This is an absolutely beautiful piece when you take it out of the box. Unfortunately, at least with the copy I got, the wooden inlay fell out within 24 hours - leaving a rather plain jane cross pendant with a weird bevel look.

Raw Rev 100, 4-Flavor Variety Pack, 100 Calorie Organic Live Food Bar, 0.8-Ounce Bars (Pack of 24)
Price: $20.54
5 used & new from $20.54

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty OK, May 15, 2014
Nothing special in my opinion, but they're handy to munch on during the morning commute. Only tried two of the flavors as of this writing...if something changes my opinions, I'll update.

Sunrise SR208B DSLR Photography Video Steady Camcorder Shoulder Support Rig Follow Focus Set with Counter Weight
Offered by ePhotoInc
Price: $379.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware - It does NOT include the loupe, November 27, 2013
This rig seems to be well made and is very easy to assemble (good thing since there are no instructions provided). Just a couple of things to update based on the picture and what I actually received in the box...

1) The knobs and follow focus are all black, not red.
2) The loupe/EVF that is pictured in this and all of their other product photos I've found is NOT included with this rig. For only $100 at time of my purchase, I'm not really surprised...however, they should not picture the rig with one if it's not included.
3) As a previous reviewer mentioned, the follow focus seems like a good idea, but just doesn't really work in practice.

Overall, this thing is a GREAT value for the money I paid and I'll be recommending it to people I know who shoot DSLR video.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 24, 2013 5:59 PM PST

FocusShifter DSLR Follow Focus & Rack Focus
FocusShifter DSLR Follow Focus & Rack Focus

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for what it is, July 7, 2013
I found this product right at the end of their original Kickstarter campaign and placed my order before they even had a chance to machine the first batch. I love how simple the product is and how many uses it boasts. When I first bought it, I was doing a lot more DSLR video than I do now, but I still use the Focus Shifter just as much. I figured out that it's incredibly handy to use with portrait photography and use it on almost every shoot. I've also used it for a couple different independent short films and a recent BTS video I shot for a film.

Is it a perfect solution for follow focus? No. And it doesn't try to be. Like I said before, it's simple and it works.

I'll be honest, I have yet to use the marker board...mostly because I don't need marks for still photography, nor for the run-and-gun BTS/short film shooting I've been doing.

I don't know if the Amazon version ships with the carry pouch that they guys have put out, but it's the perfect size to carry the Shifter and all of it's accessories and clips on a filmmakers belt for quick access.

My biggest praise for this product goes to the team behind it. They have been quick to respond to any questions I've had and understand that the quickest way to earn new customers is to take care of the ones you already have. I recommend this product to just about every filmmaker I work with...and most photographers ask before I can explain it to them because it's a new style of shooting.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3