Profile for Jeff Lippincott > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 706

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeff Lippincott "JLIPPIN" RSS Feed (Princeton, NJ USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
AYL 3-in-1 LED Vehicle Emergency Flashlight High-Lumen 100,000 Hour CREE Torch with Powerful MAGNETIZED BASE. Peace of Mind During Blackouts and Emergencies!
Offered by Accessorise Your Life
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a flash light you should get if you go camping or get flat tires while driving after dark!, December 29, 2014
Love it! Not too small (and light), but not too big (and heavy). Its probably an excellent device to have after dark while camping, or when faced with a flat tire after dark while driving your car. It has three modes so to speak. One traditional mode where it can fire a direct beam of light at a specific spot. A second mode where it can illuminate an area or room for you, and it does a pretty good job doing it considering the size of the product. And a third mode where it flashes red light kind of like a distress signal or warning lamp. I cannot really tell which of the first two modes uses the most power. My hunch is that mode number two does. I pretty certain the third mode uses the least amount of power by far. Power is supplied by three AAA batteries. I have not taken the time to figure out how quickly the batteries die when using each of the three modes. Sorry.

I plan to use the flash light in mode three primarily on early morning jogs I do with a friend before sun-up. I'm hoping the battery life will be reasonable. If it is, then this product might deserve more than 5 stars! However, if you are into camping or think you might be getting a flat tire on your car, then this flash light is definitely one you should consider getting regardless of what the battery life is. 5 stars!

Roxio Creator NXT 3
Roxio Creator NXT 3
Price: $80.24
26 used & new from $79.75

2.0 out of 5 stars I took a look, but eventually uninstalled this puppy!, December 19, 2014
This review is from: Roxio Creator NXT 3 (Software)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Didn't like it! I won't go as far as to say I hated it because the suite actually offers some good features with regard to digital video production and image editing. However, the software placed too many restrictions on my computer during the installation process for my liking, and the software after installation didn't set my world on fire when I used it. I have other software that does what it does and more. And it was kinda clunky I guess. I've subsequently uninstalled the software since I don't have much need for it. My favorite feature of this product was the ability to capture, convert, and share video. The video editing ability was too superficial for me, as was the photo editing ability. I didn't involve myself in the audio/music editing or the burning. 2 stars!

Cole Haan Women's Indiana Tall Waterproof Riding Boot,Black Suede Waterproof,8 B US
Offered by Fashionista & Bob
Price: $268.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice boots for a night out in the winter!, December 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Love 'em! If you wear a size 7.5 womens in Nike sneaks, then the size 8 will probably be great. The upper boot part fit snug, but not too snug. I suspect if a size 7.5 had been ordered, then the upper boot part would have been too snug. The shoe part down below was a little loose, but not overly. The surface the feet rest on inside the boot was somewhat firm the same way dress shoes are. But a $7.50 pair of insoles really made the boots comfortable, and they felt like a better fit, too. 5 stars!

Bionic Body Exercise Bar, Black
Bionic Body Exercise Bar, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars My fitness club has a few just like it!, December 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Love it! Great exercise bar. Can be split in two by unscrewing it at the middle. You can use it with rubber bands, or hook it up to an exercise machine at a club (or at home if you have equipment there). It's a high quality steel bar that is 36 inches when put together. It has foam end grips, and metal loops for attachments at each end. My club has a few just like it, so obviously this is not a disposable piece of equipment. 5 stars!

AYL Silicone Heat Resistant Grilling BBQ Gloves Set: #1 Best Value - Perfect For Use As Cooking Gloves, Baking, Smoking, Or Potholder - For Use on Hot Food in High Temperature In The Kitchen, Use As Grilling Gloves, Oven Gloves, Or Even Camping! Protect Your Hands And Avoid Accidents With Insulated Waterproof Five Fingered Grip, Far More Protection And Easier to Use Than Oven Mittens!
Offered by Accessorise Your Life
Price: $54.99
9 used & new from $16.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product to use while cleaning gutters during a cold rain storm!, December 6, 2014
Love 'em. I know most people will probably buy these gloves or mitts to protect their hands from picking up hot items or screwing hot light bulbs out of a socket, but I got them to help me clean wet leaves out of my gutters when it was near freezing outside and the gutters were plugged during a rain downpour. They worked splendidly!

The gloves are a little tough to get on. Since they are made of durable silicone they don't just slip on your hands like a cloth mitt. But it's not hard to get them on. And once on, then they stay on. Definitely kept my hands dry during my gutter cleaning activity. And since my hands stayed dry they stayed warm while I worked. 5 stars!

ACDelco Tools AEI1203 120V AC Heavy Duty Jumbo 1/2-Inch Impact Wrench
ACDelco Tools AEI1203 120V AC Heavy Duty Jumbo 1/2-Inch Impact Wrench
Price: $295.87
2 used & new from $295.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Reminds me of air compressor type impact wrenches!, November 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Love it! It's a very well constructed electric power tool that provides significant operating torque. This heavy duty piece of equipment is very solidly built (well constructed), easy to use, and reminds me of air compressor type impact wrenches I've seen used at the local garage that fixes flat auto tires. I highly recommend this product. 5 stars!

Digital Audio Editing: Correcting and Enhancing Audio in Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, and Studio One
by Simon Langford
Price: $33.27
45 used & new from $26.37

4.0 out of 5 stars I certainly recommend this one to readers interested in the subject!, November 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I liked this book. I found it to be pretty well written and outlined. It was informative, and not too technical. I certainly recommend it to anyone who is interested in getting an expert's take on the process of editing audio files in order to clean up, optimize, fine-tune, and polish them.

I did not love the book however. I thought the author did too much compare and contrast from the old ways to the new ways regarding audio editing. He should have talked about the old ways in the first two chapters, and left it at that. Instead he sprinkled the old ways in the the prose in the later chapters as well. As a result, he muddied his message so to speak.

I also would have liked the book better if the author had not tried to organize his book around editing objectives: corrections, creations, and restorations. I would have liked the book much better if the outline of the book had covered the various processes from basic to highly complex. He even admits there is tremendous overlap among the processes with regard to corrections and creations.

Lastly, I must comment on the coverage of restorations. This is such an esoteric editing objective reserved to editors who work on old recordings for the most part. I suspect most of the readers of this book could care less about knowing how to do such things. If there is a real demand for that, then dedicate an entire book to it that would cover all the processes as they specifically relate to restorations. But to cover restorations as a separate section in this book diluted what I got from it.

I thought the blue pages at the end of each chapter that discussed specifics in the various DAW applications was good. I'm glad the author took the time and trouble to include such material. 4 stars!

AVEX Kid's Auto Seal Freeride Water Bottle, Charcoal, 16-Ounce
AVEX Kid's Auto Seal Freeride Water Bottle, Charcoal, 16-Ounce
Price: $13.99
8 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I have zero complaints with this product!, November 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Love it! Very sturdy and functional. Kinda cute. Glows in the dark. I use it regularly on my treadmill runs at my fitness club. Easier to use than a prepackaged plastic bottle of water. Seals up well in my gym bag so I don't leak water on my clothes. The top part of the bottle, the "head," isn't the easiest thing to clean if you had filled it with something other than water. But it is fully dishwasher friendly, and cleans well in a dishwasher. 5 stars!

The Tumbleweed Society: Working and Caring in an Age of Insecurity
The Tumbleweed Society: Working and Caring in an Age of Insecurity
by Ashley N. Pugh
Price: $20.93
55 used & new from $15.34

3.0 out of 5 stars For those who need to work, lack of job security will have a profound affect on their life outside of work., November 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Just OK. I had to struggle a bit to get a good feel for what the book was about. The Epilogue probably should have been moved to the front of the book. The Preface and the first two chapters probably should have been consolidated into a short Preface. And then chapters 3 through 8 could have comprised the meat to the book. I'm not sure that Chapter 9 about the “Coral Society” should have been included. And then there would be a need for a short, but concise, conclusion chapter.

The biggest problem with the book for me was the lack of diagrams. It would have been so much more fun and valuable to read if I had been given diagrams that depicted what I was reading about. I don't think there was a single diagram included. And guess what, the book might have become a little longer if chapters had to fully describe one or more diagrams. The book is actually too short for me to comfortably want to call it a book. The Epilogue ends on page 227, and I say herein above that the Preface and first two chapters should have been consolidated. Thus only 200 or so pages in length.

So the author interviewed 80 women, 70 of whom were white, 8 were black, and 2 were hispanic. This little tidbit of info was buried at the end of the book. Nice to find out that it was a woman studies booklet instead of applying to both sexes equally. While it is true that we live in a world where job security is lacking, this reality has affected women disproportionately as compared to men. It is a fact that women tend to seek out employment. Whereas men tend to seek out ways to make money. Often times men avoid getting a job to make money – they make their own. So job security is not as relevant to men as it is to women.

The author seemed to assume that work is important. I've never considered it as such. Certainly for many people it is necessary, but is it really important? Being happy is important! Being able to meet your commitments and obligations is important (at least it should be)! Where work is necessary and the person works for an employer that does not provide job security, then the worker has two options regarding their obligations and life outside of work: (1) avoid taking on many obligations, or (2) sometimes fail to meet those obligations. The worker (as is the employer) is all about their own self interest. This seems to be the crux of what this book is all about. 3 stars!

Chamois Butt'r GoStik Skin Lubricant, 2.5-Ounce
Chamois Butt'r GoStik Skin Lubricant, 2.5-Ounce
Price: $12.21
24 used & new from $7.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Runners and triathletes take note!, November 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Love it! This is really good stuff. You just roll it on and lasts the whole workout. Great for runners. Great for triathletes that use wetsuits in the swim portion. Sweat is not a problem, nor is lake or ocean conditions. 5 stars!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20