Profile for Jamie Gilman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jamie Gilman RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Project Life by Becky Higgins Core Kit - Jade Edition
Project Life by Becky Higgins Core Kit - Jade Edition
Price: $21.09
6 used & new from $19.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality and a Beautiful Kit!, June 25, 2013
The Jade core kit is now my favorite of all of the Project Life kits. The colors are beautiful... the colors on all of the kits are beautiful! But this one has all kinds of little inspiring says on the backs of the journaling cards like "Today is a gift" and "Choose happiness." It really inspires me to do even more with Project Life.

I loved all of the old Project Life core kits, but the new ones (and I bought a couple!) are just amazing in quality. Since Becky teamed up with American Crafts there are no more cards that have bad printing, bad cutting, or are missing. What is also very cool is that there are a lot more journaling card designs. Older kits had twenty different cards, but these news ones have lots more! I counted about fifty in the Jade kit. The benefit is that the cards don't feel as repetitive as they did in the older kits. Cards are still printed on a good quality card paper but the boxes are really nice now (like the Seafoam and Olive ones). They're much sturdier than the folded cardboard ones and they have magnetic closures, but they're also prettier with more graphic and color-coded labels for what kit it is so you can easily find it in a stack if you have more than one. Great job on all of the new core kits!!

Project Life by Becky Higgins Core Kit - Seafoam Edition
Project Life by Becky Higgins Core Kit - Seafoam Edition
Price: $17.14
6 used & new from $5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Seafoam is my new favorite design!, January 12, 2013
Seafoam JUST showed up at my doorstep and of course I tore into like a little kid! The design is even more beautiful in person than in the photos. It is a clean, crisp design and I fell in love with it immediately. As with my thoughts on the Olive edition, this really is the best quality printing I've seen in the Product Life line editions I have purchased. My particular kit, however, does have several cutting errors so I gave it four stars for lack of quality control. All of the edges are smooth and even, and the size of the cards is consistent, but the cuts of some of the cards are so far off center that there are strips of the neighboring cards on the edges of them. It's a little disappointing, but I can definitely live with it because the majority of the cards are cut correctly. It's a beautiful set and, overall, I really am in love with it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2013 6:14 PM PDT

Project Life by Becky Higgins Core Kit - Olive Edition
Project Life by Becky Higgins Core Kit - Olive Edition
Offered by BGoods
Price: $15.99
2 used & new from $11.98

5.0 out of 5 stars STUNNING!, January 11, 2013
The Olive kit just showed up at my door and it is simply stunning. I am a big Heather Bailey fan anyway, and this is some of her best designing. The quality of printing is top-notch. Everything is cut evenly and smoothly. As big of a fan of the core kits as I was, I am an even bigger fan because the quality of the product is even better than previous kits I bought. Thank you, Becky and TEAM. You've outdone yourselves with this one.

Project Life by Becky Higgins Core Kit - Clementine Edition
Project Life by Becky Higgins Core Kit - Clementine Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! :), January 9, 2013
I have been meaning to write this review FOREVER, but I was busy with life and Project Life. I am super pleased with the quality of the Clementine kit. There were printing issues with the Amber kit I ordered, but none with the Clementine one. I like the weight of the card stock, too. It isn't heavy like Bazzill or card making card stock. I use several different types of journaling pens and stamp ink with my Project Life, and all of it works beautifully with the card stock and drying time is very fast.

I really can't say enough nice things about the Project Life system. It is quick and easy, but versatile enough that you can really get creative with it and customize every bit of it. If you need ideas, Google "project life" and click Images. There are also lots of ideas floating around Pinterest if you enter "Project Life" into the search box. :)

White Cards 3 x 4
White Cards 3 x 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, September 27, 2012
This review is from: White Cards 3 x 4 (Office Product)
What can I say? They're plain white cards. :) The paper quality is great! I'm glad I bought them so that we can draw on them and journal on them. I like the 100 Journaling Cards - 3" x 4" with Grid Design cards for my regular use, but these make a nice alternative when you don't need or want the grid.

Becky Higgins Scrapbook Dividers
Becky Higgins Scrapbook Dividers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!, September 27, 2012
I really like these. I did expect the plastic to be a little sturdier, but I wouldn't call them flimsy. The paper for the label stickers is heavy duty, the printing quality is excellent, and they seem to adhere to the dividers really well.

There is a nice selection of labels: the months of the year, numbers 1-15, preschool, prep, kindergarten, 1st - 12th grade, Grade 1 - Grade 13, and 18 blanks.

If anyone on the Project Life team :) is reading this, please consider adding labels for the seasons and labels for the years of high school/college (freshman, sophomore, etc.). Otherwise, having all of the blank stickers is great!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Colors, Excellent Quality, Missing Cards, September 27, 2012
I think the title pretty much sums it up... the colors are good coordinating with the Amber Edition (although not as good as the Clementine Edition ones which are excellent), the paper itself is of excellent quality, and my pack is missing a bunch of cards. (The latter issue being pretty typical of the quality control issues I've noticed with a lot of Project Life merchandise in the July to September 2012 time frame.) I'm not too bent out of shape about the missing cards because I do have some of each color and I know that I will never need all 60 cards that are supposed to come with the pack anyway. I rated it four stars because I just can't give anything five stars if it is missing a little more than one fifth of the product (14 out out of 60 cards) when I open it. My pack is probably a fluke in the first run production (and my Clementine pack came in perfectly) so I can honestly say if you're thinking about getting it - go for it!

100 Journaling Cards - 3" x 4" with Grid Design
100 Journaling Cards - 3" x 4" with Grid Design

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Buy, September 27, 2012
I think these are a good buy and a great addition to Project Life. They are of good quality and of the weight typical of the Project Life cards and paper. (Keep in mind, they are not heavy cardstock.) The grid is slightly darker than the grids are on the Project Life core kit journaling cards, but it is not so dark as to be considered any kind of problem. Once your own handwriting is on there, it will stand out much more than the grid - particularly if you are using any type of scrapbook journaling pen. The grid on my cards is not cut centered; meaning the column on one edge is much wider than the column on the opposite edge. This seems pretty consistent with the quality control issues I've noticed with other Project Life pieces, but I really doubt most people will notice or care once the cards are in the album. All in all, I'm happy I have them and I think they are going to be great for on the go journaling as I am taking pictures on my daily adventures.

Page Protectors - Small Variety Pack 2
Page Protectors - Small Variety Pack 2

4.0 out of 5 stars They are definitely useful but lack quality control, August 14, 2012
Most importantly, this pack of page protectors is a great addition to Project Life. It is really nice to have the different sizes in vertical AND horizontal format. I am so thankful that Becky added these to her line because it is so much easier than cutting and sewing larger page protectors to fit. Overall, the quality of the page protectors is good and what you can expect from Becky's line; however, the holes are not punched correctly on the 5x7 horizontal ones. The holes are punched way too far to the left literally leaving a hair-width of plastic. I put notebook paper hole reinforcers on mine to keep them from breaking. It is disappointing, but I am not about to go through the trouble of returning them.

I will say thought that several of Becky's products in the new batch (released early August 2012) have quality control issues like this. In my order, pockets in Project Life pages were cut too small to hold Project Life cards and the new Project Life core sets I received (Clementine and Amber from the made in the USA printing) had lots of printing issues. It just seems that everything was rushed through to get it out to market to meet demand. I understand that Becky wanted to get things out there as soon as possible because people were waiting, but not at the expense of quality control. From now on, I'll wait until other people purchase and review before rushing to purchase.

Photo Pocket Pages - Design H
Photo Pocket Pages - Design H

2.0 out of 5 stars Problem..., August 3, 2012
I absolutely love Project Life and find most products to be of good quality, but Design H falls way short. The left 3x4 pocket is WAY too narrow to fit 3x4 Project Life cards into them. If you want to use Design H, you'll be forced to trim the 3x4 Project Cards to make it work. It is just disappointing because I expected the pages to be designed to hold the cards - the whole point of Project Life is that it is easy and no paper trimming is involved.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 13, 2012 2:21 PM PDT