Profile for Summer Olsen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Summer Olsen RSS Feed

ABC Book for Kids (Animal Alphabet)
ABC Book for Kids (Animal Alphabet)

5.0 out of 5 stars My niece loved it!, July 8, 2012
I got this book from free download, showed it to my niece and she loved it! she particularly liked the pictures while I thought it was very educational with good rhymes. Although I am yet to show this book to other babies, I think they'll like it!

How to Find the Motivation to Lose Weight and Get Healthy (How to Lose 100 Pounds Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars the "inner game" of losing weight, July 8, 2012
Just as any other worthwhile things in life, motivation is an essential part of your weight loss journey. If you are 50 lbs overweight, you are not going to lose all those extra pounds overnight; chances are you need to be involved in a process that would take several weeks or even months. It is relatively easy to feel positive about the diet and exercise regimen when you are just starting out: the hard part is keeping it up. In this book, the author provides you a step-by-step guideline for motivating yourself and keeping up the motivation. She does it in a plain language which everyone can understand, yet don't be fooled by the tone, because her advices are very powerful. After all, they come directly from the author's experience who used these system to lose over 100 lbs. After all, it is not an ordinary achievement, and you want to listen to someone who already reached the destination you want to end up. All in all, this book is a practical, step-by-step, easy to follow plan to motivate yourself and keep you motivated for weight loss. And I think $2.99 is an absolute steal, considering the benefits you will reap from being more fit and healthy. Highly recommended.

Asian Recipes - 50 Tasty & Easy Made Unique Exotic Recipes (With Images Of Each Dish And Chef's Note)
Price: $4.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Authentic and delicious,, July 3, 2012
As someone who's studying abroad in the US, I find myself missing certain dishes from my hometown. Then I came across this recipe book. Although I am only a novice cook, I found the recipes easy to follow, and the dishes were just delicious! I have tried the dishes from my country (Korea) and found that it tasted just like what I had from home! And when I tried some of the dishes from other cuisines, I felt like I had become a chef in a Southeast Asian restaurant...amazing.

This book covers a wide range of different cuisines, from Japanese to Pakistani, and I am excited to try the dishes from some of the more eccentric dishes that I have never heard of to some of my favorites like General Tso's Chicken.

Also, it comes with a conversion table which makes it handy for people living in different regions of the world (like myself who can never get used to Farenheits, ounces and inches) and contains images of the foods which I liked. The author is a real pro in Asian cuisine, and will make you look like one if you follow his guidelines and try the recipes in the book yourself.

No More Diets: 9 Simple Steps To Permanent Weight Loss & Freedom From Dieting (60 Second System Fitness & Exercise Lifestyle Guides Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dieting Sucks!, July 3, 2012
okay, the title is taken directly from one of the chapters, but I think the author has a point here.

The author states that all diets work to some extent short-term, but none of them can be a permanent solution in the long run. As I understood it, your weight and health are determined by your day-to-day habit, not a short-term fix. You are probably where you are because of what you've been eating for many years while you are not on a diet. Also, the author points out an important factor that other diet programs fail to recognize; that eating tasty foods is a pleasure that your body craves and needs. Diets, or any decision for that matter, are in the emotional realm, not the logical. When you get caught up in a habit of eating "junk", no amount of persuasion can take you off from junk foods for a long time, because that primal part inside you which needs some emontional high cannot be stopped that way! What you need, as the author so rightly points out, is a combination of behavioral and emotional regimen.

The 9 steps the author presents are very simple yet solid. I can almost guarantee that this can work for anyone whose weight problem doesn't stem from a clinical condition. I can say that because this method does not rely on a certain kind of food which can have different effects for different people, but on your body's natural ability to communicate with you about the effects of the foods you are eating. I believe that your inner voice can tell you what's best for you, and the author gave me a fresh reminder by stating that your body can tell you what it needs.

To bring on a personal anecdote, I have been trying to lose some weight and get in shape several times over the past 5 years or so, although I am not hopelessly overweight. Every time, a diet was part of the plan along with an exercise regimen. How were the results? Not much difference. I could see that if I had continued the program for an extended period of time, say 6 months, it would have been successful. Yet the problem was it was not sustainable. I remember I used to beat myself up for not having enough willpower (a wrong move, as you will understand after reading this book) to soldier on with the plan.
Then, recently, I have been recognizing that people around me were asking me if I lost weight. I didn't take it so seriously, but the other day I stepped onto a scale to notice that I did lost a significant amount of weight, more than I have managed to get from all the past exercise+diet programs. Now I've been working out regularly, but the regimen neither was more strenous nor included anything new than what I've done in the past--It was more like a maintenance program. Then after I read this book I had an aha moment that I have been living the principles listed in this book starting this year. One of my new year's resolutions was to "eat healthier without sweating it too much". The author had done a much better job articulating this simple principle and how to implement it in your life, but the principle itself simply works. Do you want to be in shape and become healthier for the rest of your life all the while enjoying the process, although it might take some time to get there? Get this book. You'll get everything you need. I cannot recommend this book highly enough.

HIIT - High Intensity Interval Training Explained
HIIT - High Intensity Interval Training Explained
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to a superior training method, May 16, 2012
High Intensity Interval Training--HIIT for short--is a great way to improve your cardiovascular system and lose fat. This short yet well-written guide is a great introduction to what is HIIT, how it is superior to conventional cardiovascular training (CT), and how you can start right away to developing your own exercise regimen. As the author explains so well in the book, you can start getting the benefits of this powerful exercise program for a price of a cup of a latte. Why wait? The health benefits you'll get from the program will stay with you for the rest of your life!

How to Lose 100 Pounds - 6 Book Bundle + 2 BONUS Books (Creating YOUR Plan, Motivation, Goal Setting, Eating, Exercise, Getting Back on Track + How to Be Motivated and Resolutions in the New Year)
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A step-by-step weight loss plan for regular folks just like you, May 14, 2012
This book does not promise out-of-the-wordly results, such as "get the body of Scarlet Johansson tomorrow" or "lose 30 pounds of fat without exercising". However, that's exactly why this book is so valuable. Weight loss is not magic or a secret code that only a select few can crack. All it takes is the motivation to start, the right principles to help you set up a plan, and the determination to stick to the plan. This book gives you a realistic and detailed step-by-step guide to weight loss. You won't believe how comprehensive this book is; the author did a great job of leaving no stones unturned. Bottom line: if you're 50 pounds overweight and if you want to look like a Hollywood celebrity next week, this book is not for you. But if you want a step-by step plan for long-term results and sustained weight loss, this book might be all you need. Highly recommended.

Tending the Soul's Garden: Permaculture as a Way Forward in Difficult Times-2nd Edition
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The wisdom of mother nature, May 14, 2012
This book is a well-written introduction to Permaculture, a set of spiritual principles based on the observation of how the Mother Earth works. These principles are very profound and show you the way to a more harmonious and hassle-free life. By hassle-free, I don't necessarily mean that the stressful outer circumstances would change; rather, the way you react and respond to those circumstances change. As the author points out, we are in a crisis as a species collectively, and this book is a gentle invitation to a more functional way of living and being. Just reading the principles, you can see how your life can be more peaceful and you might even feel youself becoming more peaceful.

Final thought: as far as I understand, Permaculture is a way of living, not necessarily an exclusive and dogmatic spiritual tradition. I think this is compatible with any spiritual tradition you might identify yourself with. If you are at all interested in getting peace of mind, I highly recommend this book. This is a very short and easy read, but the effect of the words on you will be profound.

Your Asthma : Heal Asthma Now ~ Your Legitimate Guide To Healing Asthma (Your Asthma Series Book 1)
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative,, April 29, 2012
This book gives you a detailed explanation on the various causes of asthma as well as short- and long- term reliefs for asthma. This book covers a lot of ground and offers a number of viable solutions so that one of them are bound to work for any asthmatic. I myself will go and try the tips shared in this book. Definitely worth the price!