Profile for W. Hart > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

W. Hart RSS Feed (Arkansas USA)

Snugg iPad 4 & iPad 3 Leather Case in Black - Flip Stand Cover with Elastic Hand Strap and Premium Nubuck Fibre Interior - Automatically Wakes and Puts the Apple iPad 4 & 3 to Sleep
Offered by TheSnugg
Price: $59.98
2 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cover Purchased at Amazon, May 31, 2012
I recently purchased my first iPad from an Apple store in my local area. It is a "New" iPad, or as sometimes refered to as the iPad 3. The Apple store only offered one cover for the iPad and that cover gave very little physical protection to the product. So I searched the internet for a more acceptable cover. I eventually came accross the Snugg case on Amazon. The picture of the case looked good, the price was good and the header listing it as a "Leather" case caught my eye. I was initially surprised that a leather case would be priced as low as this Snugg case. As I read the details further on the case I quickly saw that the case was not actually real leather but a look alike. The price now made more sense. I read some of the reviews of the case and two negative issues were brought out.

First, a couple reviewers lambasted Snugg for "falsely" advertising it as a "Leather" cover when in fact it really is only a leather look alike. Using the term "Leather" in the header of the product was just a marketing ploy to get people, like me, to look further at their product. The detailed write up made it very clear that the cover was not real leather but a synthetic look alike.

Also, several reviewers said that the magnets in the edge of the cover would not put their iPad to sleep when the cover was closed as it was advertised to do.

My outcome: I decided after reviewing all the details and reviews on the cover to go ahead and order it from Amazon and give it a try. Let me say that I could not be more pleased with all aspects of this cover. The leather look alike has to be examined very closely to be able to tell that it is not real leather. It looks great and has a very nice feel. My "New" iPad fit perfectly in the cover and the built in magnets work beautifully to put the unit to sleep and to wake it up just as they should.

All in all, I love this cover. I would recommend it to everyone unless you just have to have a true leather cover at a far more expensive price.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 15, 2012 12:20 PM PST

Pray the Rosary Bead by Bead - Formatted to Mimic Rosary Beads
Pray the Rosary Bead by Bead - Formatted to Mimic Rosary Beads
Price: $2.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Pray the Rosary Bead by Bead, May 7, 2011
Although I have never been an avid book reader, I do enjoy reading an occasional book. A couple months ago I decided to buy myself a Kindle from Amazon. I have downloaded about a dozen books so far and am absolutely amazed at how easy and inexpensive it is to download ebooks from the Kindle Store. I read a lot more now days than I ever have in the past; in fact, I carry my Kindle with me most of the time since it contains all of my books of interest in a small device about the size of a small notebook.

I also am a lifelong Catholic and have enjoyed using my rosary beads throughout my life to say the rosary. I mostly say it in the privacy of my home or at my church. Recently though that has all changed, very much for the better. I came across the Kindle book by Michael Hart "Pray the Rosary Bead by Bead". I downloaded this book and have reviewed it thorougly. In one word it is EXCELLENT. The cover is beautiful with a picture of Mary overlooking her beloved Son Jesus. Next comes the Table of Contents. Each of the four decades, Joyful, Sorrowful, Glorious and Luminous Mysteries are listed and what day of the week each is used. You just highlight which Mystery you want to pray, hit enter on your Kindle and it takes you directly to the beginning of that Mystery. One thing I really like is that at the beginning of each Mystery there is a Bible verse relating directly to that particular Mystery; a very good reflection while you recite the prayers for that Mystery. Each bead on a regular rosary is represented on the Kindle as a single page and each page lists the entire prayer that goes with that particular bead of the rosary; very cool. The Kindle automatically keeps up with what Mystery and exact bead(page) you are on as you recite the prayers for this Mystery. If you are interrupted while saying the rosary, no problem, Kindle keeps your place until you return. Probably the best thing I like about this book is it opens up my opportunities for praying the rosary so much beyond where it was before I downloaded this wonderful book. I have never been one to pull my beads out and begin praying the Rosary while in a public place like a doctor's office waiting room, or waiting while my car was being serviced, or many many other similar places. Now though, all I have to do is open my Kindle, go to the Mystery for this particular day and begin silently praying. Only God and myself know that I am spending the next few minutes praying the most wonderful prayer available to us all, The Holy Rosary.

This book, while a real Godsend to all Catholics, is so well put together, inspirational and easy to use that all Christians, both Catholic and non-Catholic, will certainly find it spiritually up lifting and rewarding. I highly recommend this book.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2012 4:35 PM PST

Garmin Portable Friction Mount
Garmin Portable Friction Mount
Price: Click here to see our price
167 used & new from $12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Portable GPS Mount, May 17, 2008
This portable mount is great. My NUVI 660 clips right to it and the whole assembly sits on the dash of all (3) of my cars. It is so much better than any suction cup mount, and could not be easier to take off the dash and conceal inside the car when not in use. I have been using this mount since I first bought my Nuvi 660 about three years ago and not one time has it slid around on the dash in tight cornering or rough roads. Buy this mount and you won't be sorry.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Portable GPS, May 17, 2008
I have owned several GPS devices over the past several years and the NUVI 660 is, by far, the best and easiest I have ever used. Better even than the built-in units in my wife's 2006 Toyota Avalon and my 2007 Corvette. If you buy this NUVI you will not be sorry. I just bought another NUVI 660 to give to my son who recently started a new job that requires some car traveling. He has used it for about a month now and said he just loves it. Also, Amazon has a very good price on this GPS.