Profile for eus > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

eus RSS Feed

LeHigh Crawford Flip Up Storage Rack #FSR13
LeHigh Crawford Flip Up Storage Rack #FSR13
Offered by Great Household
Price: $8.81
24 used & new from $4.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, June 26, 2014
Like the previous reviewer (A. Suhy) mentions, you can get it at Home Depot for $5.95 regular price. The capacity mentioned on the Home Depot version is 50lbs, which should be enough for 95% of the bikes out there.

Yes you need a stud finder, as this MUST go into a stud. You should use a 1/8" drill bit as recommended to pre drill holes for installation.

The screws are fine. You will need to have the proper philips head for the screw. You will strip the screw if you use a #2 philips. Use a #3 (bigger) and you will be perfectly fine with the provided screws.

If you tighten the top screw enough (clamping the metal that holds the sway bar), the rack will fold up and stay in the up position.

WORX WG775 Lil'Mo 14-Inch 24-Volt Cordless Lawn Mower with Removable Battery and Grass Collection Bag
Offered by CPO Outlets
Price: $219.00
8 used & new from $219.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Good little mower, but battery quality control issues, September 5, 2012
I wanted a small lawn mower since we don't have a lot of grass in our yard. The grass we did have was very thick so I was a little nervous getting a small cordless mower.

The mower worked fine, although it does struggle a little with the thickness of the grass, going over the lawn a few extra times does the trick. The mulching feature also works great as long as the grass is dry when you mow it. The bag is so small its almost comical how frequent you need to empty it.

I am disappointed in the quality control of the battery. When we received it new, it showed 2 out of the 3 lights for the charge indicator on the battery. Even after a full night of charging and several uses, the battery never goes above those 2 lights for the charge indicator. The charger even lights up showing that it is fully charged.

I don't know if that means that the charge indicator is faulty, or whether this battery is only 66% effective. Returning the entire lawn mower is too much of a hassle through Amazon, and Worx customer service just tells us to talk to Amazon about the problem. In the end, I would've liked to exchange just the battery.

At least a 66% battery can last through my tiny lawn.

Beware of potentially faulty batteries, and an hassle in dealing with returns for just the battery of this mower!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2012 5:07 PM PDT

Anker Cell Phone Standard Li-ion Battery
Anker Cell Phone Standard Li-ion Battery

5.0 out of 5 stars Good battery!, May 13, 2012
The battery works perfectly. Had to replace my Samsung battery after it started bulging. I conditioned it 3 cycles and the battery works like a charm. Can't quite remember the performance of the old Samsung 1500mAh battery that came with the phone, but I can easily get a day and a half of moderate use out of this battery. This is with IM service on, 2 push mail accounts, and moderate data usage.

Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-TX10 16.2 MP Waterproof Digital Still Camera with Exmor R CMOS Sensor, 3D Sweep Panorama, and Full HD 1080/60i Video (Silver)
6 used & new from $195.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly amazing WATERPROOF camera, December 9, 2011
I was a little spooked at first by all the one star reviews here saying that the camera was not waterproof. However after our trip to Hawaii, the camera performed very well. We were actually amazed at all the different modes the camera had, and the touchscreen worked well above water.

Normally when you buy a cheap waterproof camera (we paid $160 over thanksgiving), you sacrifice picture quality. This camera does great pictures both underwater and above water. We also love the ability to take widescreen photos, and great HD video with excellent frame rates.

Battery life was good too, it will last you a full day, with a lot of pictures and video taking. You will need to charge it at the end of the day.

Having the camera as a charger is both its strength and weakness. It will force you to buy an additional charger if you want to charge a secondary battery while you are out for the day. However, it is also convenient having it as a charger esp with the USB cord as the charger. This will make it easy for you to top up the battery when you are driving in your car.

It is a little annoying to have to slide the front cover up and down to turn the camera on and off. Its good in the way that it will protect the lens, and you wont worry about anything scratching it. But it does get caught on stuff, and sand can get trapped between it and the camera.

What's important to do with this and ALL waterproof cameras is to ensure that the rubber seals don't have any debris building up on it. Wipe around the edges of the rubber, and of the contact points with your finger or something to make sure that it will form a proper seal.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Blue Rhino GAD860SP LP Gas Outdoor Firebowl with Slate/Marble Mantel
Blue Rhino GAD860SP LP Gas Outdoor Firebowl with Slate/Marble Mantel
Price: $458.97
13 used & new from $413.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful firepit, November 30, 2011
I've had it for a full summer and used it at least 10 times, for hours each time. We would normally turn it up all the way, but the firepit gives good fire even when set to minimum. At full blast, we would go through a tank of propane in about 10 hours of burn time.

PROs:
- The quality of the table top is very good
- Included cover is nice, and fits perfectly
- There is room for storage under the table
- Slide out tank tray is very convenient
- Electric starter (battery powered) works well
- Adjustable feet to make sure it doesn't wobble
- Perfect size and height for lounge chairs

CONs:
- VERY heavy. Moving it to the backyard after delivery was difficult
- Assembly is also challenging, due to the fact the table needs to be moved several times during assembly. You definitely need 2 people, and it will probably take an hour at least.

TIPs:
- move around the logs and lava rocks to force the flame to spread out. Personally, I didn't stack the logs, I spread them out so the flame was forced to the sides. I prefer a wider shorter fire than a tall narrow one.
- Pay attention to the propane hose, and make sure it doesn't get nicked when sliding the tray in and out. Rotate the tank to reposition the hose.

Boston Acoustics TVee Model 25 Sound System with Sleek Soundbar and Wireless Subwoofer (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Home and Garden Club
Price: $265.35
10 used & new from $123.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Full deep sound!, November 30, 2011
First off, realize that this is not true surround sound, nor is it trying to be true surround sound. This sound system is for someone who doesn't want speakers and wires all over the place, and is willing to sacrifice 3 or more channels of sound to get there.

I was actually going to buy the Samsung soundbar (HWD550) purely based on specs and price. We walked into a BestBuy to hear the sound in person before buying on Amazon, and we were floored at how horrible the Samsung soundbar sounded. It was going for $150 over thanksgiving, but below it was the BA TVee25, for $350. Curious, we pressed the demo button, and was amazed at how much better it sounded. We opened the amazon app on our phone, scanned the barcode, and found it cheaper on Amazon. The sound difference is worth the price difference.

My family room setup wrt the TV is wider than it is deep, and this seems to help the illusion of surround sound with these speakers. Soundbars with "fake" surround sound work off of noise bouncing off the rear walls to give you that illusion, and this will work better with wider rooms vs. longer rooms (wrt the tv).

After plugging the system in, and setting it up in about 10 min, the sound was rich and full. Very strong in the midrange, decent bass (coming from a bass junkie). I do wish it had better tweeters though, it seemed to be a little lacking there. I have an 12 x 20 family room, and it was more than enough power to make movies/tv/music uncomfortably loud when turned up to about 70%.

Because of the design of the subwoofer, which points downwards into the floor, I have a feeling that people with hardwood (or non-carpeted) floors get the most out of it. I have hardwood floors, and the bass coming out of the sub is fantastic. I can imagine though that if your TV room had carpet, it would be a lot more muffled. For those of us with uncarpeted floors, the bass literally shakes the floor, or maybe I just have crappy floors :). The sub has a convenient volume knob so you can control how much bass you want out of the system. I would recommend you park it in the back corner of the room, near the couch you normally sit on to feel its full effect.

I did have issues with the wifi signal in the room after I turned on the speakers. This is expected, and not a fault of the speakers. Microwave ovens, and bluetooth sync'ed devices can interfere with wifi signals. I solved this issue by changing the channel my router was using. Try channels 1, 6 and 11. Channel 11 worked for me and I didn't have any wifi problems after that.

I love the fact that the soundbar can easily be programmed to use your existing remotes. This definitely helps reduce remote clutter. It was so easy to program too, there are no complicated remote codes or anything. You just point the remote you want to use at the soundbar, and it will learn to recognize the signal coming out of it.

Some people will complain that this system doesn't have HDMI Arc ports, but it has optical audio, which is all you need (and the cable is included too). I do wish I could do bluetooth music pairing with my phone, but in reality, I would probably just play music through my Xbox.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the quality of the sound, the simplicity of the setup, and the performance of the subwoofer.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2013 8:04 AM PST

We R Memory Keepers Letterpress Cleaning Cloths
We R Memory Keepers Letterpress Cleaning Cloths
Price: $9.07

1.0 out of 5 stars you dont need to buy this, February 20, 2011
You can easily clean up the letterpress ink with cooking oil ( I used vegetable oil, but anything should work). Oil will lift oil based ink, and cooking oil is much safer than chemicals.
1) Pour some cooking oil on the plates or brayer and rub, the ink will come off.
2) Rinse off the oil and wash with dish detergent as if you are doing dishes.
3) Air dry, or dry with a towel.
4) Done. Safe. No chemicals or expensive cleaning sheets.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 22, 2014 2:15 PM PDT

We R Memory Keepers Letterpress Combo Kit, with Epic 6 Tool
We R Memory Keepers Letterpress Combo Kit, with Epic 6 Tool

4.0 out of 5 stars works well. the key is having the right paper, February 7, 2011
Having the right paper for a letterpress is key. Using the right paper gets amazing results with this.

Writing a review more for giving a tip for everyone else out there. You do not need to buy the wipes to cleanup after this, or use expensive / dangerous mineral spirits. Use plain old cooking oil to clean up after the oil based ink. The cooking oil will safely thin the ink and it will dissolve and wash off. Do this over the kitchen sink and rinse. Then use normal dish detergent to get the rest of remaining oil off.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2013 12:55 PM PDT