Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Kat12 > Reviews

Browse

Kat12's Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kat12 "Kat S" RSS Feed (Ontario, ,Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Dollhouse People: A Doll Family You Can Make
Dollhouse People: A Doll Family You Can Make
by Tracey Campbell Pearson
26 used & new from $4.33

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful little book!, June 2, 2016
I didn't buy this book here but found it at a used book store. It is absolutely delightful! Not only does it show you how to make 1 inch scale dollhouse dolls, it also tells the story of these dolls. Just wonderful! If you like dollhouses, dolls, or just collecting sweet books, don't pass this up.

Thunderspray Calming Spray For Dogs, From The Makers of ThunderShirt
Thunderspray Calming Spray For Dogs, From The Makers of ThunderShirt
Offered by Pee Wee's Pet Supplies
Price: $18.89
9 used & new from $14.90

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog begs for this at night before bed., March 12, 2016
This spray works like a charm on my hyper standard poodle. He actually "asks" for it at night. As soon as I spray it, he goes to lay down and seems quite content. I have the thunder shirt too but it doesn't fit right (the large is too small but the extra large isn't snug enough). The spray works better on my dog.

Sunbeam The Little Sonic Handheld Egg Dog Bark Control Device
Sunbeam The Little Sonic Handheld Egg Dog Bark Control Device
Offered by toshi station
Price: $38.89
5 used & new from $33.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm!, January 19, 2016
I did not have high hopes for this, but now that I have it, I am really impressed. My standard poodle is a barker. I don't mind if he barks a bit, or if he uses his "indoor voice" but sometimes he just works himself into a barking frenzy and that is what I wanted to stop. I only used this twice and now all I have to do is pick it up and say, "No! Do you want me to push the button?" and he stops barking, gives me a dirty look, and goes to lie down. I don't know how long it will keep working, but it does work. Luckily my other dog, who is not a barker, is deaf so this doesn't affect him. He doesn't even notice it. Unlike the clicker, my parrot can't imitate the sound of the sonic handheld egg, so she won't be interfering in training, lol.
Update, one month later:
My dog Mac is like a new dog, and he's so proud of himself when I tell him what a good boy he is, Last month new neighbors moved in with two barking dogs; a big dog and a little dog. Other dogs are Mac's biggest trigger but I still just have to say, "Do you want me to push the button" and he'll stop freaking out. Not so for the neighbor dogs. The owners aren't great; they just let the dogs bark and bark. So today their smaller dog wouldn't stop barking. I waited an hour for the owners to do something and when they didn't I tried to calm the dog down but it wouldn't listen so I hit the button once and it stopped dead and looked at me. I said "Good dog, quiet dog!" and it wagged it's tail. I stayed outside and it didn't bark at me again so I went inside. Everyone with a barker should have one of these eggs; they really work. I wish I would have found this 10 years ago!

AmiguruME: Make Cute Crochet People
AmiguruME: Make Cute Crochet People
by Allison Hoffman
Price: $11.44
81 used & new from $8.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Wish it was an ebook!, October 21, 2015
I waited for 2 years hoping this book would be released as an ebook. I finally gave up and bought the paperback. It's a lovely book and the patterns are delightful; very simple for an experienced crocheter. Using a bobble stitches for noses and toes is a great idea, as is using felt for teeth; something I'd never have thought of on my own. The book itself though, is ungainly and awkward to work with while crocheting. It would work SO much better as an ebook. I'm used to reading my patterns on the computer; and there's nothing like being able to adjust the brightness, fontsize, etc. This book keeps closing, sliding off my lap, etc. and it's such a drag compared to reading online. I would have easily given this book a 5 if it was in ebook format, and will update my rating if the author ever decides to release this as an ebook.

World's Finest Chocolate Bar Assortment
World's Finest Chocolate Bar Assortment

1.0 out of 5 stars Tastes awful, September 11, 2015
I was so happy when a little girl came to the door selling these. I remember they used to taste great, but wow, something has changed. The chocolate tastes awful; has a weird mouth feel, not at all creamy like regular chocolate. It tastes more like bakers chocolate. This company has gone downhill in a major way.

Zombie Fallout
Zombie Fallout
by Mark Tufo
Price: $13.03
31 used & new from $8.54

1.0 out of 5 stars Annoying and immature Main Character, August 1, 2015
This review is from: Zombie Fallout (Paperback)
I usually give 4 or 5 star reviews so this is a rarity for me. I found the main character in this book to be so annoying and immature that I was rooting for the zombies. Every time he "said" something, I thought "seriously?" His wife wasn't much better.
Spoiler Alert: Don't read any more if you haven't read the first few chapters of the book yet.
The main character's son needs to be rescued, but the main character is more concerned about the way his clothes "scratch" at his unshowered body. He's always dreamed of a zombie apocalypse and now that he has one, his main concern is wishing he could shower before going to rescue his son. Seriously.
He takes his wife's car because he doesn't want to get zombie guts on his vehicle. Seriously. She glares at him because they're taking her car instead of his. Rather than say, worrying about her son who they're going to rescue.
They find his son on the roof of the store, along with some others. The parking lot is full of zombies What does the MC notice? The brand of beer the survivors have with them...and he takes the time to diss the brand. seriously.
It goes on and on. He is so unlikeable I was rooting for the zombies to take him out so we could have a better main character...perhaps the dog,
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 10, 2016 1:02 AM PST

The Sims 4 Get to Work
The Sims 4 Get to Work
Price: $35.99
20 used & new from $29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It's better than the base game, thank goodness., April 2, 2015
The game is fun, for now. I'm enjoying the careers...the doctor one especially. They put a lot of work into the careers, and the animations are cute, but I can see this getting tedious pretty quickly due to all of the micromanaging.

The science career opens up the world of Sixam, which is cool, and something new. The Detective Career lets you work as a CSI, which is also fun. All of the careers are enjoyable, in my opinion, and add a huge amount to the game play.

It's a big step up from the base game, but it's still lacking, even from Sims 2. Sims 2 had more detail. Even though it was also a closed world, with loading screens, at least in the Sims 2, they carpooled or drove to work. Now they just teleport right out of their homes..even if they're sitting on the toilet when it's time to go to work. I find that really breaks immersion. In Sims 2, they even had to set alarms to make sure they'd be up in time for work. The carpool guy would honk his horn if your Sims were running late, and would even leave without them. There just seemed to be more attention to detail in Sims 2. Never mind Sims 3; which is a whole different thing, with it's lovely vast open world.

On one of the Get to Work loading screens, you can read about how your sims can now enjoy a "world" of shopping. If a world is 4 shops, then yes, I guess so. The small size of the towns/neighborhoods are baffling. Why would there only be room for 4 lots? I understand that we can make retail shops in our 2 regular towns (neighborhoods), but they are small enough as it is.

In Sims 2 we could create custom neighborhoods, and in Sims 3 we had the Create a World tool; if Sims 4 offered something similar we could make a new neighborhood for shops, a new neighborhood for new sim homes, etc. and this would make the Sims 4 world bigger. We can manage the worlds we have but we can't add towns and that is something I think the game needs.

The retail isn't as fun to play, in my opinion as it was in Sims 2 Open for Business. I actually replayed Sims 2 Open for business yesterday to compare and I enjoyed Sims 2 businesses, and their management tools and incentives a lot more. The addition of mannequins is nice, but in Sims 2, Sims could try on outfits in change rooms, and model in front of mirrors, which to me was more immersive.

I made a bakery and the Sims bought baked goods but never ate them at the tables. I set up a coffee machine so at least they had coffee, but it was disappointing that they couldn't sit down, buy baked goods, and eat them. Maybe we'll have to wait for a Nightlife add on for that.

I enjoy this expansion, which is a relief as I was very disappointed in the Sims 4 base game and found game play boring. It's nice to see that EA is making some attempt to listen to their customers, but adding in free basements, ghosts, pools, etc., but they really should have put those into the base game in the first place. I hope the next expansions will be as good as this one, and I hope they'll find a way to open up the Sims 4 world so it doesn't feel like we're playing in a shoe box.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2015 2:55 PM PDT

Prosacea Rosacea Treatment Gel, 0.75 Ounce
Prosacea Rosacea Treatment Gel, 0.75 Ounce
Price: $8.68
18 used & new from $8.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Best rosacea treatment yet, January 2, 2013
I've been using Prosacea on and off for a few years now. I admit, I was skeptical when I first found it at the supermarket, but after trying it once i was sold. I have the type of rosacea that is red, burns badly, with pimples/pustules when it's really bad. I've used metrogel and another prescription cream from the dermatologist. The prescription cream burned my face worse than the rosacea, and left welts, so I had to stop it right away. The metrogel was OK but my face still felt uncomfortably hot, like i had a bad sunburn that wouldn't go away. In contrast, the Prosacea gel feels great going on; it feels cool and refreshing and it eases the burning pain right away. It works for the redness, too, very quickly. It takes longer for the bumps to disappear.
The only thing I've found that works faster is prednisone...that clears up everything, but it all comes back when I go off the meds, plus, it's a nasty drug.
I had to run out today to get another tube of Prosacea because I misplaced the one I had at home. If only they made it in a bigger container, it would be perfect. The small tube is waaaay too easy to misplace.
Another bonus, if you're older...it really tightens the skin, lol. It does dry out the skin, but I find it a small price to pay for the elimination of that darn burning pain.
Oh, and I have a terribly sensitive nose and I don't notice any odor to the gel at all.

Kinect Disneyland Adventures - Xbox 360
Kinect Disneyland Adventures - Xbox 360
Offered by Budget Video Games Inc.
Price: $9.73
274 used & new from $0.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical Technology, December 28, 2011
Kinect Disneyland Adventures

Kinect Disneyland Adventures brought back the enthusiasm I'd lost over my Kinect. I've only played for a few hours so far, but it's a magical experience. This is, in my opinion, the first game that shows how the Kinect could and should be used in other games. When I bought the game, I was afraid it would just be a bunch of lame minigames tacked together, but it's not...it's an immersive experience, with beautiful graphics. The game lets you select your avatar's sex, appearance, and clothing. Moving about in the park is easy and intuitive, not to mention delightful. The games, the ones I've played so far, anyway, are fun...the one with Buzz Lightyear was amazing...like being a part of a cartoon. There are coins scattered about, prizes to be won, and lots to discover. If you get tired of walking through the park, you can use the map to "fly" to your next destination. I can't wait to see my Goddaughter's reaction to the game.
I highly recommend it to anyone who still remembers the magic of childhood and wishes to recapture it or share it with others.

ALURATEK LIBRE 7IN COLOR MULTI-MEDIA - EBOOK READER WITH 2GB BUILT-IN MEM - AEBK07FS

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great little device!, July 14, 2011

I'm an avid reader, and my house is full to the brim with books. Not only that, but my parent's basement is also full of my books. I have tons of ebooks on my computer, but I still buy paperbacks because I like the portability.

When my parents gave me some birthday money last month, I thought about getting an ebook reader, but was hesitant...I remembered reading on my old palm pilot and not caring for it very much.

I researched the various ebook readers in my price range (Kindle, Kobo, Nook, Literati, etc.), along with some lower end tablets. I went to the stores and tried some of them out, and decided the Aluratek Libre 7 inch Color was perfect for me. I didn't want to be tied to a bookstore (and it's preferred format), and the Libre Color supports many ebook formats, including PDF.

I love crafting (crocheting and plastic canvas), and I can use the photo support to transfer some of my pattern books onto the machine...an extra benefit, IMO. Plus, I can share photos on a nice 7 inch screen.

The audio and video supports are nice extras. I mainly wanted this for an ereader, but I like the thought that I can download movies...it's ideal for bringing out to the cottage.

I know some people list the absence of wifi as a con, but I didn't want something with wifi. I already have more books and patterns than I'll have time to read and do in this lifetime, so this is perfect for me. I don't have the patience to text...I like a full keyboard, so I don't care about not being able to check my email. I already have a laptop and desk top for that. I know I'm dating myself by saying that, and my next statement will put me firmly in the "over the hill" category: I'm so glad it doesn't have touch screen. I hate dirty screens, and i like snacking while I read.

I've only had the Libre Color for a few days, but I can't seem to put it down. I love reading on it, and that's what I've been doing. I read two novels yesterday and one today. I love the screen size, and the fact that I can turn the device and the format will flip from vertical to landscape with me. I played around with the settings and prefer the brightness at 50% in the daytime, and 60% at night. The screen is LCD but it's matte, so there's no glare...not that I could notice, anyway. When I hold the device straight up and down, and look at it head on, it resembles a non glare computer screen, but when I let my hand relax and it tilts back a bit, the screen looks like a paper screen. The font is crisp and I had no eyestrain. I loved being able to increase the font size...perfect for these old eyes of mine, lol. I loved reading at night and not needing a lamp.

I used Calibre and Adobe Digital Editions to transfer my books to the device, and it was very easy, since my books were already in those two libraries on my computer. For Calibre, I just had to highlight the ones I wanted to transfer from my library and hit "send to device", and they went right in. For Adobe I just dragged the books I wanted out of the main library and dropped them into the Libre's folder. For photos, music, and a sample video, I just dragged from my computer's hard drive and dropped them into the Libre's folder. The computer recognizes the device as a storage device, so if you know how to use a storage device or an external drive, you'll be all set. If you don't already have an extensive e-library, then you may be happier with a device that has wifi or 3G so you can buy your books and have them go directly onto your device, but I already had the books and I just wanted to transfer them, so this is ideal for me. I can even read library books on this device, which is a great feature, I think.

The Libre Color comes with 2 GB of memory installed, and a normal sized SD card slot that will let you expand your memory up to 16 GB. It came with 100 classic ebooks in txt format installed on the hard drive, and I was concerned that they'd be taking up too much space, but they hardly put a dent in the 2 gigs. I've already read a lot of the classics (I was an English minor back in school), so I just created a "classics" file and dragged them in, to get them out of the way of the newer books I've added.

Anyway, I am very happy with my new Libre Color (in case you couldn't tell, lol).

Take care!