Profile for Joseph Passmore > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joseph Passmore "I am SPUN" RSS Feed (UK)

The Rescuers Down Under (Gold Collection)
The Rescuers Down Under (Gold Collection)
DVD ~ Bob Newhart
52 used & new from $1.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Disney sequal ever., January 5, 2006
I have to say that I am so shocked at all the bad things I've seen written on amazon about this movie. Disney has made many, many sequals to it's classic animated movies, and this is the only one listed also as a classic. There is a reason for this. It is better than the origanal. I do like the "rescuers", don't get me wrong, it is a cute movie, but "Down Under" is just so much more exciting. The characters, the settings, the story. How can any disney fan not enjoy this?

Fascism: A Very Short Introduction
Fascism: A Very Short Introduction
by Kevin Passmore
58 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars True understanding of Fascism, January 8, 2004
Kevin Passmore has pulled it off once again. I have read most of his books and enjoyed all I've read. I own 19 of the "Short Introduction," books, and I can say confidently that this is by far the best. This book takes the topic of fascism and looks at it with a whole new perspective. In my opinion, Passmore's data and opinions are equally balanced, which is very effective. It is correct to call the Nazi party fascist, as many of their belifes and plans were simply fascist.
If you are interested in researching Fascism this is without a doubt the book to buy.

Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts
Price: $14.85
295 used & new from $6.21

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best games ever, January 3, 2004
This review is from: Kingdom Hearts (Video Game)
I have played over 25 PS2 games, some of the greatest hits, many great games, but overall, Kingdom Hearts is the best game I have ever played! Its a great combination between Disney and Square.
If you think "Ohh! Disney = Childerens game!" Your wrong this is very dark for a disney games, and is a little too hard for childeren.
The graphics are ahead of there time, although a little dated now. The sound is great. With an all star cast doing the voices of the characters. All your favourites, Donald, Goofy, Micky, Jack Skellington, Aladin with there own voices.

You Gotta Go There to Come Back
You Gotta Go There to Come Back
Offered by MediaWarehouseUSA
Price: $10.08
73 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars As always, amazing, December 23, 2003
The Stereophonics are one of those rare bands who write, sing & play music that really means somthing. It comes from inside and makes a lot of sense. There is a lot of difference in this album, to the other three, but it still comes out great. You still get that Stereophonics feel. If you like Stereophonics, or just great music... buy this album, it will not dissapoint you.

Almost Famous: The Bootleg Cut (Director's Edition)
Almost Famous: The Bootleg Cut (Director's Edition)
DVD ~ Billy Crudup
Offered by MediaNett
Price: $49.50
11 used & new from $4.97

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best movies of all time, even better..., December 15, 2003
This was always one of my favourite movies of all time. When I finally got my hands on my very own copy of "The Bootleg Cut" I was pleased and exited. I wasn't upset. The movie, although I didn't think it was posible, this version was even better. I was so very happy to see Anna Paquin's character in a few more scenes, because I didnt ever think her character was explored enough. Hate Hudson and Billy Crudup's relationship was also looked into a bit more.
What can I say, I was just gagging for more, even though I had just had 30mins more...Anybody who loves this movie, get The Bootleg Cut...like now.

Chaos Bleeds (Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Simon Pulse))
Chaos Bleeds (Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Simon Pulse))
by James A. Moore
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
54 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Come on, give Mr Moore some credit!, August 7, 2003
I have no idea why everyone is saying the book is bad because it's made up of fighting. It's based on a video game, and if an author is writing a novel based on something, he has to stand true to it. 'Chaos Bleeds' the video game, is a fight heavy game, and the fight scenes, even though there are many of them, are handled well, and are not as dull as you would imagine.
James Moore shows great understanding of the Buffy characters, and show, and wrote each characters perspective very well. With some very funny and Memorable lines.
A very entertaining book.