Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more
Profile for lzmeyer > Reviews

Browse

lzmeyer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

lzmeyer "lzmeyer" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Florence Scovel Shinn: Prosperity Collection
Florence Scovel Shinn: Prosperity Collection
Price: $11.95
21 used & new from $3.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Florence Scovel Shinn, October 20, 2009
When you're experiencing feelings of jealously, anxiety, sadness, and fear, it's God's way of telling you that you are not on the path. Florence Shinn illustrates this concept beautifully in all of her books, including this one. The key to a prosperous and fulfilling life is getting in tune with the Infinite and staying on the path. Her books teach you exactly that. Her writing is instructional, inspirational, and very quick and easy to read. She uses real life examples to illustrate her points, which are something of a metaphysical interpretation of the bible. Her insights are incredible and have the power to change your life and the lives of others. She will change the way you look at the power of the universe, the energy around us all, and the ability you have to direct your life. Since reading her books, I have decided to live my life according to the "rules" of the game. My goal is to make them reflexive in my life so that I can apply them without having to think about it.

The Secret Door to Success

Your Word is Your Wand
Price: $7.95
28 used & new from $6.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Florence Scovel Shinn, October 20, 2009
This review is from: Your Word is Your Wand (Paperback)

The Game of Life and How to Play It
The Game of Life and How to Play It
Price: $5.95
21 used & new from $1.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Florence Scovel Shinn, October 20, 2009

Sell Your Jewelry: How to Start a Jewelry Business and Make Money Selling Jewelry at Boutiques, Fairs, Trunk Shows, and Etsy.
by Stacie Vander Pol
Price: $16.86
72 used & new from $6.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Loaded with Information, April 13, 2009
The author has put together a well organized book. The content is easy to understand and digest, even for the non-business types like myself. The information is separated into twelve chapters. Here's what you can expect:

The first third of the book is all about narrowing down your niche and your style, so that your business and your work become recognizable over time. The author makes the point that you really don't want to have your focus spread out all over the place - better to do a few distinct things well than to try and sell a myriad of jewelry that isn't cohesive.

The next section is all about the actual selling: where to sell your jewelry, what's involved with each venue, how to approach stores, etc. For me, this was the most valuable part of the book and the area where I needed the most help.

The last part of the book contains the logistics of running a business: how to get a business license, how to keep cost low, how to track income and expenses, how to manage inventory, etc. This section is great for people who don't have experience running a business. The author walks you through it, step-by-step.

Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4)
Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4)
Price: $14.55
2323 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars So Sad it's all Over, April 13, 2009
I was so sad the whole time I was reading this book because I knew it was the last in the series. Even though the first and the third are my favorites, I absolutely could not put this book down. I read it straight through starting on a Friday night and finishing on Sunday afternoon.

I will surely miss these characters, but all good things must come to an end, I guess.

Eclipse (Twilight)
Eclipse (Twilight)
Price: $12.65
2286 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicting, April 13, 2009
This review is from: Eclipse (Twilight) (Hardcover)
Stephanie Meyer may not be the most descriptive or eloquent writer, but she has something even better: the ability to suck in the reader in such a way that become powerless to put her books down.

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a series so much. In fact, I can't remember the last time I was interested enough to follow a series this closely (Harry Potter, perhaps).

Eclipse is another great one.

New Moon (The Twilight Saga)
New Moon (The Twilight Saga)
Price: $7.02
2762 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars !!!Spoiler Alert!!!, April 13, 2009
This was the hardest in the series for me because my favorite character is missing for most of it. I didn't like that Bella became so crippled and dependent and was willing to embark on very dangerous behavior because she was unsatisfied with the outcome of her relationship. I have to confess, I still couldn't put the book down, but I don't care for the message this particular book sends.

I still give it five stars because it was very engaging, took an unexpected (and brave) turn. I appreciate that the author was willing to upset her readers to stay true to how she sees Bella's character.

Twilight (The Twilight Saga, Book 1)
Twilight (The Twilight Saga, Book 1)
Price: $6.65
2919 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Edward, April 13, 2009
I absolutely loved this book. I'm far from the age of the teenagers in this novel, but it brings you right back to being a fifteen year old girl, dreaming of falling in love some amazing hunk, all the while feeling so awkward, you think you will never grow out of it.

This isn't just a kids book. Far from. Something about Meyer's writing (though basic) is very intoxicating.

Words That Changed A Nation: The Most Celebrated and Influential Speeches of Barack Obama
by Barack Obama
Price: $12.95
61 used & new from $7.68

5.0 out of 5 stars If you buy only one book this year..., March 28, 2009
Anyone who supported Obama or who is following current events/politics needs to own this book. This assembly of speeches is a great collection and story of American history.

Our president has been handed a difficult task, and we as Americans, should do our best to support his efforts. In this volume, you'll find speeches from the campaign, several election night speeches, the inaugural, and the economic speech given soon after he was elected.

To stay positive and supportive of the cause that is our country, read this book to be reminded of the hope and change we all need to believe in.

Page: 1 | 2