Profile for Anna > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Anna RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars IT SCUFFED MY TABLET - THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE, September 29, 2014
Potential customer, DO NOT BUY THIS!!!!!!!

Alright so I got this case almost a year ago, it fit well even if cheap-looking, it is lightweight, the color was nice etc, etc and after continuous wear - and enjoyment - for almost a year, I took my tablet out only to notice HUGE SCUFF MARKS ON THE TOP TWO CORNERS, BOTH CORNERS.

I don't use my tablet a lot and I have been always carrying with a cover, always, and it is otherwise in MINT condition. Apart from where -surprise - this "protective" cover touched it. A brief inspection of the not visible UNDERSIDE of the flaps on the cover revealed PLASTIC BUMPS that would have inevitably scuffed my tablet...

I am sorry - no, I really am upset and sorry - for not expecting that the cover I gave $13 for, not only it would be of low quality (I expected that) but that it would SINGLE-HANDEDLY LOWER THE OVERALL VALUE OF THE TABLET. That's right. I looked it up on Glyde.com and the market price for my used 2-year old Note 10.1 is $16 LESS with "clearly visible scratches" than it is with "barely visible scratches". The price difference on Gazelle.com between a "flawless" and a "good" model is also at the same range ($10). So, in fact this cover cost me $23-$29!!!!!!!!!

To people that might think that "you get what you pay for", I assure you that I have purchased several CHEAPER covers in the past (I like changing colors once in a while) and while they might not have been of the greatest quality, they certainly got the JOB done! What is the job you ask? TO NOT ACTIVELY SCUFF THE F********G TABLET!!!!!!

Judging from the 3-stars average rating, I doubt anybody is listening to this but if you do: this is a VERY UPSET UNHAPPY CUSTOMER who will never buy Sheath product again EVER and to whom YOU OWE 16 DOLLARS. My only recommendation is to NOT BUY.

JVC HARX500 Full-Size Headphones (Silver)
JVC HARX500 Full-Size Headphones (Silver)
Offered by GizmosForLife
Price: Click here to see our price
103 used & new from $15.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and comfortable, great value, May 13, 2014
I needed headphones for music while at work. That meant: very comfortable for long wear, reasonably noise-cancelling as well as noise-insulating - and I refused to spend more than $30. These JVCs fit the bill and they are a very good value for the price - very good all-around over-ear headphone for $20 that will fulfill all your casual music needs. I would recommend them to anyone.

Pros:
- Really comfy - there is no pressure to my ears at all and no discomfort. Maybe some sweat but no pain. Yay happy ears. :)
- They sound good - I am not an expert to say but I haven't noticed anything weird sounding so far.
- They look like they are going to last a long time :)
- The pads swivel - not all the way around but enough to adjust to the shape of your head.
- Low volumes is all it takes for a very immersive sound experience without sound leakage. Key word: low volumes. At higher volumes they are still insulating while you have them on, but not if you take them off (to hang on your neck to talk to someone for ex.)
- Noise cancellation is good. Not *magical* like you would presumably get on those $200 headphones, but appropriate for a 1/10 of the price.
- It fits comfortably my husband's head which is extra large, and he didn't need to even go all the way in the adjustable band.
- Super extra long cable (both a pro and a con)... Pro: it lets me reach the rubbish bin 2-3 m away, Con: I have a bundle of cord unused most of the time (I tight it up with the plastic thingy).

Cons:
- No big deal. but there is literally minimal padding on the headband. Presumably redundant too, since it's so tiny and flimsy looking. I foresee it is going to be the first to wear out.
- Not fantastically looking if that matters to you, but better looking than a lot of similar headphones in that price and value range.
- You probably don't want to run or walk around with those. They might be light but they are not portable. They seem to be better suited to a stable environment.

Large 55mm Polarized Lens Anti Glare Classic Horn Rimmed Style Sunglasses (Black)
Offered by Eyebright
Price: $6.48
6 used & new from $2.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought 3 so far!, April 22, 2014
Can't say anything bad about these sunglasses. Stylish, durable, functional (POLARIZED) and at the right price, these basic wayfarer sunglasses will take you anywhere you want to go and can be carried around in your purse, pocket, car, luggage, and no-one will know how much you paid. They are definitely a keeper! I bought one pair (the shiny black with the gray lenses), loved it, then I foolishly lost it somewhere, and I bought another two of the same: one for me and one for my husband. Less than $10 for 2 pairs and fast shipping. They look excellent on anyone, and I would highly recommend them!!

Sony MDR-ZX100/RED ZX-Series Monitor Headphones, Red
Sony MDR-ZX100/RED ZX-Series Monitor Headphones, Red
Offered by Euphoric Toys
Price: $29.48
11 used & new from $17.96

2.0 out of 5 stars They feel like they should cost $5, April 22, 2014
I returned these headphones...

The sound was OK - pretty much as expected -, they are very light, they are fine to wear for 2-3 hours at a time (before your ears start hurting) and they are made exclusively of cheap plastic. Especially in the red color, the cheapness of these headphones is disheartening. Granted, I wanted something that I will not cry over if it breaks and, granted, they did cost less than $20, but to me they looked like the type of headphones they might give you in an airplane for free. I don't know what I expected -definitely not much- and I was still disappointed. It didn't *look* like it should cost more than $5-10 and I cannot say that the sound quality overcompensates for it. That being said, they are pretty decent and you will definitely not feel too bad if/when they die or break.

Anyway, with all the other headphones at the same price range that exist out there, I just returned them and bought something else.

Philips SHO3300MINT/28 O'Neill Cruz Headband Headphones - Mint
Philips SHO3300MINT/28 O'Neill Cruz Headband Headphones - Mint
Offered by You Got Yourself A Deal
Price: $14.90
5 used & new from $14.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid headphones, April 22, 2014
In all I am satisfied with these headphones: I wanted a pair of headphones to use at work and they do the trick - mainly for being so pretty. :)
I bought the teal ones and I really like the color. Not too flashy but cool and vibrant.
The sound is rich and there is enough sound insulation where I can just drown in the music while not bothering anyone.
I like the cushions, they are cloth, not plastic, and I was a little bit weary at first, but I ended up liking them because they don't make my ears sweat and they also seem more durable than plastic.

My only complaint is that they do tend to get uncomfortable when I wear them for a long time - like more than 5 hours a day. Not just uncomfortable actually but downright painful! This really prevents me from wearing them pretty much constantly (as was my intention initially). :( I should add that I don't know how comfortable $20 headphones can be in the first place...

In all, you do get what you pay for, and these headphones are a fair value (pretty!). I doubt they will exceed your expectations - but they will meet them. If you are looking for headphones to wear 24/7, keep looking...

Oster FPSTMC1250 Top Chop 4-Cup Chopper
Oster FPSTMC1250 Top Chop 4-Cup Chopper
Price: $19.99
8 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool - wish it would last longer.., June 5, 2013
This is a great chopper: great size for two people, it cleans super easy (a fundamental feature for this type of devices) and it is very simple to use. You can't go wrong for the price. I would recommend it to everyone!
It is a very versatile tool: I did sauces and dips, as well as smoothies, grated cheese and chopped nuts, made even an attempt in ice cream! I really pushed its limits: I tried pasta dough and biscuit dough, even crushing ice and, although I could hear it struggling, it performed. My last endeavor was an almond-chocolate paste: I could never have done that without it. Really really useful, I have grown attached to it.

Alas, today, 6 weeks after delivery, it is clear something is wrong. The minute the blade hits an obstacle it cannot immediately cut through, specifically soft cheese, it just stops trying. The sound changes and it sounds like the motor is running without the blade following. I suspect something stopped making good contact within the motor. It is a great pity, because now I cannot use it anymore for most of the things that I did in the past - I suspect it was the almond paste that did it in. And I didn't even own it for 2 months... :( Now I am looking for something more powerful to handle my whims so I will not be buying this chopper again.

However, it is really impressive what such a little thing could pull off, and I guess in the end I got what was coming to me. Overall, it is really great and, for the simple jobs it is intended, I cannot recommend it enough!!!!

Green Hill Music - Celtic Sampler 2013
Green Hill Music - Celtic Sampler 2013
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this album!, March 21, 2013
This is a must-have free album! A very nice assortment of folk celtic instrumental songs. I really love this album, I listen to it all the time!

Teal Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit TPU Case for LG Nexus 4 (T-Mobile, International Carriers)[Retail Packaging]
2 used & new from $12.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Has earned its money already!, March 15, 2013
I bought the same case in 3 colors: black, red and teal. I needed something colorful and playful (If I can't show off Nexus' awesome back, it has to at least be a non-ordinary one). I am glad I did!
It fits great on my new Nexus 4, has all necessary cut-outs, and the colors look great against the black device! The material is hard enough and it has already protected my phone when it was accidentally dropped on the concrete. Twice! I swear the phone bounced off, landed screen down, yet remain unscathed! At this point I thought that however much I paid for all three of them (it was a buy-2-get-1-free deal, but still) was worth a safe Nexus!!!!
Very satisfied, would totally recommend.

Red Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit TPU Case for LG Nexus 4 (T-Mobile, International Carriers)[Retail Packaging]
3 used & new from $12.90

Very satisfied, would totally recommend.

Black Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit TPU Case for LG Nexus 4 (T-Mobile, International Carriers)
2 used & new from $12.90