Profile for Amused > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amused RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
A Disney Sketchbook
A Disney Sketchbook
by Ken Shue
18 used & new from $152.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great wonderful book,, July 22, 2013
This review is from: A Disney Sketchbook (Hardcover)
Always wanted disney sketch book and they need to make more of these. It's about 1" thick and is a huge beautiful coffee table book. Pictures inside are similar to what you'd find on the cover on Amazon's illustration.

You know what though? This is the worst part. Amazon sent me a bent book - the package was poorly protected - with the book wildly being tossed about in a too large box that had one loose bubble package in it. It did nothing. Book shipped with corners bent. They sent me a replacement - guess what? Packaged exactly the same corners bent. They sent me a 3rd replacement and we're not even fighting it anymore, oh well - all books are damaged.

einszett 961105 Klima Cleaner Professional - 8.5 oz
einszett 961105 Klima Cleaner Professional - 8.5 oz
Offered by Detailing-com
Price: $15.99
2 used & new from $15.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Followed directions - Fried a computer on my ACURA TL - EFFING > $1000 REPAIR!!!! BULLSH, April 16, 2013
Yeah. I followed the directions on this can. Yup, it fried something near the evaporator. EF this item and DO NOT USE IT. I WISH I NEVER HEARD OF IT and NOW IM STUCK WITH FREAKIN MAYBE SEVERAL THOUSAND DOLLARS IN REPAIRS ON A BEAUTIFUL LIKE NEW CAR.

Diablo III - PC
Diablo III - PC
Offered by goldcoinstar
Price: $33.95
136 used & new from $8.57

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Time., June 20, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Diablo III - PC (Computer Game)
The biggest flaw in this game which destroys everything else that is good, is this: they have sequentially patched the game to make classes weaker, and weaker, and weaker, and weaker.

Instead of making an incredibly difficult game and buffing up the classes slowly to create hope, the "new Blizzard" makes you waste hundreds of hours building a strong character, than destroys him by making him weaker... and weaker with patches. You call that fun? It's not.
It is completely stupid and backwards. The fans will resent Blizzard forever. Hundreds of thousands are quitting this game with the new patch installed June 19, 2012.

Don't waste your time. They screwed this up and have barfed on eager fans that have waited on this since the glorious days of Blizzard past.

The Amazon review ratings are not a lie and reflect truth.

Garmin nüvi 50LM 5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Lifetime Maps (US)
Garmin nüvi 50LM 5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Lifetime Maps (US)
Price: Click here to see our price
124 used & new from $64.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost there. Garmin? What's up?, February 6, 2012
For $150, you can own this almost perfect machine in the form of the 50lm. It's 5" screen is a welcome addition in real estate and it's lane change guidance and graphics are impressive. The sound cues you receive when approaching a red-light camera, or lane changes on the freeway are helpful as well.

Here's my biggest gripe with it. It is so stupid how Garmin made it this way. This unit cannot type at even 1 character per second. For those of you in the texting generation (almost 99% of you if you're reading reviews on Amazon I'm sure) will be flustered and puzzled by this bizarre limitation. You literally cannot type faster than 1 character per second on this!! It locks up and is extremely slow. So guess what, every time you type normally as you input an address, the unit doesn't register additional keys so it takes 20-30 seconds additional time, every time you have to type in an address to route. Or it skips keys you entered, forcing you again to SLOWLY push the erase button to clear the mistake.

Really stupid.

Garmin? Can you make a unit that will at the very least keep up somewhat with our typing? C'mon guys, get with it.

Clarks Originals Men's Desert Boot
Clarks Originals Men's Desert Boot
Price: $47.99 - $149.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful shoes, but..., January 6, 2012
The shoes look wonderful. However, what is with the most grossly miscalculated shoe sizes? I bought a size 9, and I normally wear a 9 thru 9.5. The shoe fits like a size 11! I hate how they can be so off and is an unfortunate oversight by the company. I went to the store, and lo and behold I fit in a size 7.5.

Second, the shoe is not exactly comfortable even in the correct size, as I found similar boots by Sperry top-sider at the same store and 1912 feel MUCH better instantly.

5 stars for appearance

Offered by RayDes
Price: $29.95
82 used & new from $13.99

1.0 out of 5 stars BROTHER likes to ROB it's customers, December 20, 2011
It's true. Read the negative reviews for this product. This machine wastes 1" of tape per label that you make. Sometimes the wasted margin is larger than the label itself! What a crock! In this day and age you would think a company would not be allowed to run such shoddy gimmicks on it's customers.

The tape is $10 and up, boycott this item till they realize screwing customers is not okay.

Medical Terminology Systems (Text Only): A Body Systems Approach (Gylys, Medical Terminology Systems)
by Barbara A. Gylys MEd CMA-A (AAMA)
Price: $41.11
197 used & new from $2.73

3.0 out of 5 stars Index was not updated, March 20, 2011
Book is okay, but the index was not updated. For example, look up exacerbation in the index, it says p. 245, there is nothing on exacerbation on p.245. This problem has occurred on the last 5 out of 5 words I looked up while studying for a test. It's a waste of time for me because the editors couldn't update the index. They should not be allowed to get off so easy on that. Therefore the 3 stars.

Minoxidil-5% Extra Strength Hair Regrowth for Men, 3 Count, 2 Ounce Bottles
Minoxidil-5% Extra Strength Hair Regrowth for Men, 3 Count, 2 Ounce Bottles
Offered by DigitalMemories
Price: $9.11
5 used & new from $9.11

2.0 out of 5 stars The Itch from Hell., March 8, 2011
This product causes my scalp itch to a degree that I never knew was humanly possible. Literally it's like the itch demon fairy princess from hell came and was digging into your scalp with an "itch-wand" that has needles at its ends dabbed with poison. I kid you not. This doesn't occur right when I put it on, but I'll get itch attacks during the day. And when these attacks occur, dare you even touch one follicle of hair in the area where the Rogaine was applied, the painful scratchy sensation increases a thousand fold. In other words, it itches like crazy, but if you try to scratch it, you will see the gates of Hell looming before you, as it punishes you for even attempting to try to relieve some pressure off your head.

Will I keep using it? I don't know... I can honestly say my mental ability to stay laser focused has increased n-th fold as I am getting my daily practice during these itch-attacks. My hair in the front looks pretty good, but it in the back, not so much. . . Until I get a wife, I think I will keep using it, and then shock her as soon as I drop the Minoxidil after we get married. She'll be stuck to me anyhow. . . .
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2011 3:03 PM PST

Kirkland  Minoxidil 5% Extra Strength Hair Regrowth for Men, 6 Month Supply
Kirkland Minoxidil 5% Extra Strength Hair Regrowth for Men, 6 Month Supply
Offered by Product Resort
Price: $26.24
34 used & new from $22.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Itch from Hell, March 6, 2011

Comment Comments (34) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2014 8:59 AM PDT

Statistics: The Art and Science of Learning from Data (2nd Edition)
Statistics: The Art and Science of Learning from Data (2nd Edition)
by Alan Agresti
473 used & new from $1.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Explains Statistics in a wordy and complicated manner, December 28, 2010
We were the first class at Santa Monica College (SMC) to use this book (Fall 2010), and after the widespread complaints by both professors and students, SMC's Math Department will be reverting to a different book next Fall (2011). Though Alan Agresti is a renowned statistician, this unfortunately, did not translate into a good text for an introductory statistics course. It tries to reinvent the wheel by teaching statistics in a completely different layout which completely does away with the traditional sequence of topics. Unfortunately, it does this job so poorly, there is a complete disconnect between the topics. When I finished the course, I did not see the what the book was trying to do in linking the different topics of Hypothesis testing, regression analysis, Z-table, T-tables, etc. It was only after consulting with a friend with a PhD in Statistics, and through his explanations which filled holes created by the book, was I able to truly appreciate statistics and understand that they connected, and built on each other conceptually and mathematically.

Some good ideas are there. For instance, the book uses real world examples in their homework problems, such as smoking rates and relationships with cancer, relationship between study times and gpa for a particular university.. etc. However, if the concepts are poorly explained themselves, this invalidates much of the usefulness of the problems in the first place.

One of the worst offenses in this book not yet mentioned is the fact that the Test Bank, which your professor may use, seems to be written by a completely different author altogether. The problems on the test have a very different flavor; key words were used differently on the test versus the book! Half of the classes were either getting D's or F's across the board at SMC, for the professors using the test bank.

Professors, schools, please make the wise choice and do NOT use this book for your courses!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2011 3:06 PM PST

Page: 1 | 2