Profile for Nina Abbott > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 113

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nina Abbott "Nina" RSS Feed (Chicago, IL United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Tria Beauty Age-Defying Laser
Tria Beauty Age-Defying Laser
Offered by Tria Beauty
Price: $495.00

1.0 out of 5 stars A $500.00 dust collector after just 6 weeks!, May 14, 2014
I used the Tria faithfully for three weeks, and noticed that progressively it took longer and longer to charge. At four weeks, charging took 24 hours. I've now had my Tria for 6 weeks, and it spends an average of 2 days in the charger to get 2 minutes of actual use.

A very expensive dust collector. Perhaps these are manufacturing kinks, but surely those should have been corrected before this product was sold via Amazon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2014 8:54 AM PDT

Skin Obsession 40% Glycolic Acid Peel for Acne, Scars, Age Spots & Lines
Skin Obsession 40% Glycolic Acid Peel for Acne, Scars, Age Spots & Lines
Offered by Skin Obsession
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A "double scotch" , not a lite beer!, July 3, 2013
This should not be someone's first, second or third experience with an acid.

I've been using a Retin-A for over 15 years and have yearly facial laser treatments. My skin tolerates this very well for about 5 minutes, then I have to rinse it off several times and apply a light moisturizer immediately.

No problems, and it seems to produce the same result as a thorough facial (fewer apparent lines, no blackheads.)

But, you wouldn't give a first time drinker a double scotch..and you shouldn't start with this. A nice lite beer...a 10% peel instead!

Woman's Success Planner - Spiral Day Planner: Jul to Sep 2013
Woman's Success Planner - Spiral Day Planner: Jul to Sep 2013
Offered by The Success Choice

5.0 out of 5 stars Way more than a "planner", May 30, 2013
This isn't the typical Franklin/Covey, Daytimer, Planner/Pad style planner.

Those are straightforward approaches to daily time management.

This is a integrated life planning, goal planning syllabus for the woman who does it all: plans a day, manages a household, manages meals and still wants to have an intellectual, emotional, and community life.

I've been on the hunt for years (literally) for a planner which would reflect and manage the many roles I play and enjoy. This is the one and only planner which does so.

I sincerely believe if you stick to this system for three months, it will transform your life.

Golden Congratulations Card - 25 Premium Congratulations Cards with Foiled-lined Envelopes
Offered by The Gallery Collection
Price: $135.06

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer, beware!, May 24, 2013
These aren't blank inside.

Instead the printed message is: Congratulations today and in the future.

So, appropriate for new grads...but how many of us know dozens of them?!

OXO Good Grips Chop and Pour Cutting Board
OXO Good Grips Chop and Pour Cutting Board
Price: $14.95
8 used & new from $14.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special, but a nice tool for the stocked kitchen, April 25, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For the every day cook, this is probably a product which will be used infrequently. I think most of us know how to chop vegetables (or fruits) and transfer them to a pan without a specially curved board.

However, if you are (or know of someone who is) the kind of person who has a special peeler for fruits (instead of just using a small knife), this is a cute little product.

Designer Whey Crunch Protein Bar, Peanut Butter Crunch,1.41 Oz. Bar 12 Count
Designer Whey Crunch Protein Bar, Peanut Butter Crunch,1.41 Oz. Bar 12 Count
Price: $22.74
5 used & new from $13.34

3.0 out of 5 stars The good news and the bad news, February 21, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The good news: This is the best tasting protein bar in my long experience of tasting almost all of them.

The bad news: There is a reason that this is the best...it is high in both sugar and fat.

This is essentially a protein fortified candy bar...!

Omron GOsmart Pocket Pedometer
Omron GOsmart Pocket Pedometer

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of awesomeness is one small package!, January 23, 2013
I've found lots of reasons to give up increasing my activity and one of my favorite reasons is that I can't find a pedometer which is accurate, easy to use and informative.

I no longer have that excuse!

This is an awesome product. Easy to program, resets itself, has a wonderful memory capacity and impossible to lose.

Couldn't recommend this more highly.

Baggallini Luggage Everywhere Bag with Exterior Pocket, Black, One Size
Baggallini Luggage Everywhere Bag with Exterior Pocket, Black, One Size
Price: $74.95
5 used & new from $74.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! The perfect bag for city travel, January 23, 2013
I spend a lot of time on public transportation in my city...especially on trains. Riding a city train 8 hours a week means carrying enough to read, a snack for those times your train gets "stuck", glasses, and cash. It can also mean spending at least half that time jammed uncomfortably up against some other commuter/train door.

This is the absolutely perfect bag. I place my train pass in the front slot, my glasses in the pouch directly behind, my change goes in one of the side zip compartments. Inside is enough room for a medium size paperback and the interior pouch which attachs to the interior of the bag carries cash and one essential credit card (more space is available, but that is all I chose to carry.)

And, it is light! Certainly not fashionista envy worthy, but more fashionable than a lot of other options and infinitely more useful.

Thank you, Baggallini!

RCA RCD20 High Quality Alarm Clock and 0.7-Inch LCD
RCA RCD20 High Quality Alarm Clock and 0.7-Inch LCD
Price: $13.19
41 used & new from $7.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Does two things superbly!, January 17, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It tells time and it wakes you up to music.

Or, is that three things?!

This is a great little clock for a child's room or for that extra bedroom which is used when the MIL visits.

Smead Stadium® File, Alphabetic/ Monthly/ Daily, Household/ Blank Labels, 12 Pockets, Letter Size, Navy (70211)
Price: $15.85
33 used & new from $13.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read, easy to access!, January 17, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Office products can be strangely complex to purchase. What filing system, what texture of paper, what size? For me, this works well because I can carry it with me to whatever point I am in the office and with a laptop I have the equivalent of my entire office quickly at my fingertips.

This is not a huge storage capacity, but it makes a great place to organize papers which are needed for a week or for a specific project.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12