Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Nina Abbott > Reviews

Browse

Nina Abbott's Profile

Customer Reviews: 117
Helpful Votes: 2076

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nina Abbott "Nina" RSS Feed (Chicago, IL United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
We Beat the Street: How a Friendship Pact Led to Success
We Beat the Street: How a Friendship Pact Led to Success
by Sharon M. Draper
Price: $6.94
285 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Mandatory in every library collection., November 7, 2015
I donate this book to http://www.booksfirstchicago.org which creates libraries in our city's most underserved schools, which are largely African American and in the worst neighborhoods. It is a powerful, inspiring and, most importantly, true story which speaks to kids living in similar circumstances. I also have persuaded our daughter's private school to buy multiple copies so children in this radically different socio-economic group have a clear sense of the struggles of so many other children in the same city.

Tumi Voyageur Vienna Triple Compartment Wristlet, Garnet, One Size
Tumi Voyageur Vienna Triple Compartment Wristlet, Garnet, One Size

3.0 out of 5 stars I was looking for something which would keep my essentials organized and easy to access, March 17, 2015
I switch bags frequently from business to tote at home to gym bag. I was looking for something which would keep my essentials organized and easy to access. When I saw this item at a deep discount (it was under $50.00 at the time of purchase) and remembered that Tumi was considered I high end brand, I snapped it up.

Maybe I just don't understand the finer things in life, but I don't see the excitement about this product. It is a simple zip bag with multiple inner compartments in a pleasant color. And, it has a wrist strap. For less money than this, I am able to purchase a small bag from Baggalini which serves the same function for 50% less than this item.

I like owning a Tumi product, but it is because it is Tumi...not because Tumi is better.

KISS GOLD Universal Mobile Phone Bag&Shoulder Bag (Black)
KISS GOLD Universal Mobile Phone Bag&Shoulder Bag (Black)
Offered by Kiss Gold
Price: $9.66
2 used & new from $9.66

2.0 out of 5 stars If dolls carried cell phones..., January 21, 2015
This would be a perfect bag for them! This is tiny and flimsy. It might work well inside another bag, but it looks ridiculous on a grown-up!

BISSELL BOLT XRT PET 2-in-1 Lightweight Cordless Vacuum, 14.4v, 1315
BISSELL BOLT XRT PET 2-in-1 Lightweight Cordless Vacuum, 14.4v, 1315
Offered by Gatzies
Price: $132.76
21 used & new from $96.31

1.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment!, January 19, 2015
It seems strange to "hate" a product, but when a product ceases to work after 2 weeks and you have to return it, hate is the word! It did not pick up pet hair any better than my under $30.00 vacuum, plus it was unable to hold a charge for longer than 15 minutes even after being charged all night. I've always trusted Bissell products, but this one is a lemon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2016 12:17 PM PDT

Tria Beauty Age-Defying Laser
Tria Beauty Age-Defying Laser
Offered by Tria Beauty

1.0 out of 5 stars A $500.00 dust collector after just 6 weeks!, May 14, 2014
I used the Tria faithfully for three weeks, and noticed that progressively it took longer and longer to charge. At four weeks, charging took 24 hours. I've now had my Tria for 6 weeks, and it spends an average of 2 days in the charger to get 2 minutes of actual use.

A very expensive dust collector. Perhaps these are manufacturing kinks, but surely those should have been corrected before this product was sold via Amazon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2014 8:54 AM PDT

Skin Obsession 40% Glycolic Acid Peel for Acne, Scars, Age Spots & Lines
Skin Obsession 40% Glycolic Acid Peel for Acne, Scars, Age Spots & Lines
Offered by Skin Obsession
Price: $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A "double scotch" , not a lite beer!, July 3, 2013
This should not be someone's first, second or third experience with an acid.

I've been using a Retin-A for over 15 years and have yearly facial laser treatments. My skin tolerates this very well for about 5 minutes, then I have to rinse it off several times and apply a light moisturizer immediately.

No problems, and it seems to produce the same result as a thorough facial (fewer apparent lines, no blackheads.)

But, you wouldn't give a first time drinker a double scotch..and you shouldn't start with this. A nice lite beer...a 10% peel instead!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Way more than a "planner", May 30, 2013
This isn't the typical Franklin/Covey, Daytimer, Planner/Pad style planner.

Those are straightforward approaches to daily time management.

This is a integrated life planning, goal planning syllabus for the woman who does it all: plans a day, manages a household, manages meals and still wants to have an intellectual, emotional, and community life.

I've been on the hunt for years (literally) for a planner which would reflect and manage the many roles I play and enjoy. This is the one and only planner which does so.

I sincerely believe if you stick to this system for three months, it will transform your life.

Golden Congratulations Card - 25 Premium Congratulations Cards with Foiled-lined Envelopes
Offered by The Gallery Collection
Price: $67.68

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer, beware!, May 24, 2013
These aren't blank inside.

Instead the printed message is: Congratulations today and in the future.

So, appropriate for new grads...but how many of us know dozens of them?!

OXO Good Grips Chop and Pour Cutting Board
OXO Good Grips Chop and Pour Cutting Board
Price: $14.95
35 used & new from $14.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special, but a nice tool for the stocked kitchen, April 25, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For the every day cook, this is probably a product which will be used infrequently. I think most of us know how to chop vegetables (or fruits) and transfer them to a pan without a specially curved board.

However, if you are (or know of someone who is) the kind of person who has a special peeler for fruits (instead of just using a small knife), this is a cute little product.

Designer Protein Crunch Protein Bar, Peanut Butter Crunch,1.41 Oz. Bar 12 Count
Designer Protein Crunch Protein Bar, Peanut Butter Crunch,1.41 Oz. Bar 12 Count

3.0 out of 5 stars The good news and the bad news, February 21, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The good news: This is the best tasting protein bar in my long experience of tasting almost all of them.

The bad news: There is a reason that this is the best...it is high in both sugar and fat.

This is essentially a protein fortified candy bar...!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12