Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for Emily Rostel > Reviews

Browse

Emily Rostel's Profile

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Emily Rostel RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
@ Home with Hilaria Baldwin: Fit Mommy-to-be Prenatal Yoga
@ Home with Hilaria Baldwin: Fit Mommy-to-be Prenatal Yoga
DVD ~ Hilaria Baldwin
Offered by MightySilver
Price: $8.15
31 used & new from $1.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid yoga dvd, good modifications and cueing, April 26, 2016
I really needed a video to be able to practice at home since prenatal yoga classes in my area are only offered once per week. I must have checked out a dozen prenatal videos from the library and this was the only one worth purchasing. I wish there were a few more modified chaturangas, but that is easy enough to add on my own.

Hilaria does an excellent job cueing and providing modifications. There is no obnoxious banter like so many prenatal videos. She uses blocks much more than any instructor I have had, in classes or videos, and I picked up on some tricks I will probably use post-pregnancy as well since I am not very flexible (by yogi standards). Difficulty is somewhere between easy and intermediate, but I am only in my second trimester so that assessment may change.

This is a solid yoga video with pregnancy modifications. Yes- she does presume, as a lot of reviewers have mentioned, that you know some yoga terminology but there are numerous youtube videos and online guides if you need an introduction. If you already practice regularly and want to be able to continue during pregnancy, this is a good choice.

Modbod Modest Layering Scoop Neck Cap Sleeve Shirt - Extra Length - S - black
Modbod Modest Layering Scoop Neck Cap Sleeve Shirt - Extra Length - S - black
Offered by modbod

5.0 out of 5 stars I love modbod shirts- great basics, March 2, 2016
I love modbod shirts- great basics, colors don't fade, and modest enough for work. I am 5'7" and the length hits mid-hip (as shown in model pic). I normally wear an xs in most clothing lines, but a small is a better fit for this brand because I want it to fit loosely like it does on the model in the picture.

Modbod Modest Layering Scoop Neck Cap Sleeve Shirt - Extra Length - S - mocha
Modbod Modest Layering Scoop Neck Cap Sleeve Shirt - Extra Length - S - mocha
Offered by modbod
Price: $6.38

5.0 out of 5 stars I love modbod shirts- great basics, March 2, 2016

Balega Women's Enduro 2 Low Cut Socks-Medium, Cool Mint
Balega Women's Enduro 2 Low Cut Socks-Medium, Cool Mint

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands down my favorite running socks, April 12, 2014
After receiving my first pair of Balega socks as a gift and loving them, I purchased a number of different balega sock models a couple years ago to try and these are the model that I pick first out of the drawer every time. Because in a drawer of comfortable socks, these are the best! Additionally, a few of the other balega models have worn holes in the heel whereas these have held up despite the fact that I definitely wear these more often and for more miles as these are often saved for long runs. As the others wear out, this is what I will be replacing them with!

As far as fit goes, I am an 8.5 and medium fits perfectly.

Cole Haan Women's Air Juliana 45 Pump
Cole Haan Women's Air Juliana 45 Pump
Price: $89.99 - $148.00

3.0 out of 5 stars odd difference between sizes, August 14, 2013
These shoes are gorgeous- but the sizing is very odd. I ordered my usual size, 8.5M, and it was too tight. So I went up to a 9, planning to add a heel liner but the 9 was HUGE. I could literally see the gap between my heel and the heel of the shoe. Way too much to simply add a heel liner to prevent slipping. There seems to be a very large difference in the half sizes, as another reviewer also noted. Since these are leather and the price dropped quite a bit, I reordered the 8.5 and will go to a cobbler to have it stretched.

derma e Anti-Wrinkle Vitamin A Glycolic Cleanser, 6 Fluid Ounce
derma e Anti-Wrinkle Vitamin A Glycolic Cleanser, 6 Fluid Ounce
Offered by Nutricity
Price: $11.83
48 used & new from $6.23

3.0 out of 5 stars Be aware- this is for oily skin types!, May 23, 2013
This is a very cost effective glycolic cleanser, which is why I bought it. But the product I received is intended for those with oily skin (stated on the bottle that was shipped to me, but the amazon image shows it indicated for all skin types) and I find it far too drying to use as a daily cleanser on my face. I would not have purchased this if the listing had made this clear.

Jan Marini Bioglycolic Face Cream-1 oz
Jan Marini Bioglycolic Face Cream-1 oz

3.0 out of 5 stars poor absorption, waxy texture, but effective, May 23, 2013
I ordered this product on accident thinking I was ordering the bioglycolic bioclear cream (which I love). Since I had purchased it and opened it, I used it. This is effective for a clearer, more even complexion and works as well as the similar product Jan Marini puts out. However, the bioglycolic bioclear cream absorbs easily without leaving what feels like a waxy film over your face. This product just never seems to absorb properly. Since it still works effectively, I am going to use it as a night cream until it is gone but the waxy quality makes it inappropriate for under make up/daytime use. Although slightly more expensive, it is worth it to get the bioglycolic bioclear cream instead of this one.

Redken Fresh Curls Conditioner, 33.8 ounces Bottle
Redken Fresh Curls Conditioner, 33.8 ounces Bottle
Offered by ABK Ur Way
Price: $70.00
5 used & new from $64.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well for fine, curly hair, May 1, 2013
My hair is very fine so many curly hair products either leave my hair weighed down and greasy looking or else don't really work as advertised. This conditioner is the exception! I get definition, frizz reduction, and it has a great detangler. I should also mention that many conditioners make my skin break out, but this one did not.

So why minus a star? As another reviewer mentioned, the smell is not awesome. I also wish it were just slightly more moisturizing, but by using a deep treatment once a week I can get around this.

Overall, this is the best conditioner I have found.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Toxic, poor protection, and tinting agent "pills" on reapplication, April 19, 2013
I was overall very disappointed with this product. I like a lot of Jan Marini's products and bought this without checking the ingredients. It contains oxybenzone and octinoxate as the primary active ingredients. So you are using hormone disruptors and toxins that bioaccumulate daily- not good. If you want more information on the health risks, this is a really good link to check any suncreen before purchasing: [...]%2C_SPF_30/

As for product performance, I was disappointed on that front as well. As another reviewer has noted, it sweats off very easily and stings a lot when it runs into your eyes. It also loses effectiveness quite quickly. The bottle says to reapply every two hours and it really means it- otherwise it is burn city! Unfortunately, because this is tinted, that means washing your face between reapplications each time. Otherwise, reapplying without washing results in the tinting agent "pilling" on your face.

For the price, I really expected better and there are much better products out there. I will not be purchasing again.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2014 9:07 PM PST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Improves hand skin health overall, March 29, 2013
The skin on my hands is extremely dry during the winter (and pretty dry year round) and sometimes gets bad enough to crack at the knuckles. This skin cream seems to moisturize extremely well, shorten healing time, and the longer I use it the less of it I seem to need to use. I wish I had the forethought to take before/after photos.

I also used it when I skinned my knees and it helps soften the scab so it didn't break when my knees bent. If nothing else, it made the healing process less painful but I think it helped it heal faster as well.

As small as these tubes are, it really lasts a long time. Even with twice daily use these three tubes will last at least 6 months.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4