Profile for JessinNJ > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JessinNJ RSS Feed

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum® Collagen Booster 1.7 oz
Ole Henriksen Truth Serum® Collagen Booster 1.7 oz
Offered by Ole Henriksen
Price: $72.00
2 used & new from $72.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, but it's expensive!, December 30, 2013
I LOVE this stuff...it makes my face feel and look so much firmer. The only issues I have are the price and the packaging. I had to order this twice because the first time, it came in a bubble envelope and the top had unscrewed, so the serum leaked all over everything and the bottle was half empty when I received it. I returned the bottle and reordered it. The same thing happened the second time, but I was so frustrated at that point that I just kept it and decided not to order from this seller again. It's way to expensive for even a drop of it to leak out during shipping...the seller should really secure the top before sending.

The Loss of a Pet
The Loss of a Pet

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice to know you're not alone..., December 30, 2013
This review is from: The Loss of a Pet (Kindle Edition)
I lost two dogs in two months and was an absolute mess. I hated anyone who tried to console me with lines like, "You can get another dog." I felt alone, like no one understood or COULD understand how much I loved my furbabies and how lost I was (am) without them. This book definitely helped me to not feel so alone. At the same time, it felt like the author was running down a list of symptoms that you might experience after losing a pet, the choices you have and endorsing the companion animal bereavement group he started, which is all well and good, but it sort of felt like I was being taught something or led through the steps rather than sympathized with by someone who was experiencing the same thing, which is what I think I was looking for. Not sure if that makes sense, but overall, I think this is worth the read if you've recently lost or are preparing for the loss of a beloved furbaby. I would look for the mushy stuff from real people though.

Whitmor 6822-167-B 60-Inch Polypro Clothes Closet, White
Whitmor 6822-167-B 60-Inch Polypro Clothes Closet, White
Price: $38.99
55 used & new from $29.89

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!, October 3, 2013
So, my fiance moved into my small apartment and we didn't have anywhere to put his clothes. We bought TWO of these closets, the 60-inch versions. We spent about $40 each plus shipping. We put them together and started hanging some lighter items--T-shirts and such. The box, the instructions, etc. don't include any kind of weight limit, so we wanted to take it easy. We filled the closet evenly with t-shirts with plenty of room to slide shirts on the bar to sift through them (they weren't packed in). Last night, a week to the day after we put them together, we found both closets on the floor. The upright bars had broken and they both collapsed. RIDICULOUS!!!! For them to not be able to hold t-shirts crazy. I can't imagine how long they would have lasted if I had tried to hang a sweater or GASP! a coat. I'm infuriated right now. I DO NOT recommend this product...unless of course you have a need to hang some tissues or air in a 60-inch closed closet.

UPDATE: Immediately after writing this review, I called Amazon customer service and, while I would have preferred a complete refund, the customer service rep was very nice and immediately issued me a replacement for both closets. I don't exactly know how that helps me yet...these things are huge and take up a whole wall in my spare bedroom and I, apparently, can't really hang anything on them without them breaking, but the fact that Amazon replaced them without issue is a good thing, for what it's worth.

BaByliss Pro BABP2800 Porcelain Ceramic 2000-Watt Dryer, Black
BaByliss Pro BABP2800 Porcelain Ceramic 2000-Watt Dryer, Black
Price: $57.39
35 used & new from $34.09

4.0 out of 5 stars I haven't gotten sleek, shiny hair, but it does the job a lot quicker than my old dryer, August 21, 2013
I want to preface this review by letting y'all know that this dryer was replacing a cheap drug store-bought blow dryer I'd had for probably 5 years. It had lost pretty much all the pieces it could and I was still using it because I was too cheap to buy a new one, so for this dryer not to impress me would be pretty much impossible. That said, I'm pretty happy with the BaByliss Pro. I've had it about a month now and it definitely dries a hellova lot faster than my old dryer (see disclosure above). And it's "cool" button actually works. Whoa! This alone makes this dryer a win in my book and it's not terribly expensive. I thought a professional dryer would cost much more. I don't know why mine didn't come with the sleek, shiny hair feature that everyone else's apparently did...my hair is still the same texture it was before the BaByliss, but I didn't really expect a professional stylist in a box, either. Temper your expectations. Oh! And, this thing IS heavy. I mean, I'm not hunched over trying to carry it or anything, but I can definitely tell the muscles in my wrist are working when I'm using it.

Extra Large 40"X35"X4" Orthopedic 100% Memory Foam Pad Pet Bed for Large Dog with heavy duty denim cover + Waterproof case + Free Bonus Cover
Offered by dogbed4less
Price: $79.95
3 used & new from $79.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitely not what you're imagining from the pictures, August 21, 2013
So, I go this dog bed for my 13 year old, 55 pound boxer/pit mix who dug a hole through his old, but much loved foam bed. I got the Extra Large, thinking it would be way too big, but thinking that my other, much smaller dog (35 pounds) could share it with him, like they do their old bed. Not so much. The "Extra Large" is really more like 35"X36"X3". I actually just measured it. And that's being generous. Needless to say, it's not the ginormous bed that is pictured. I doubt that big golden retriever (which looks to be about 80-100 pounds) could really sleep on it in that position and still have room to spare. Nonetheless, I'll keep the $90 bed because 1) it does seem to have more support than the old foam bed, 2) it would be a bitch to ship back and3) I don't notice any of the bad smell that everyone is talking about. Neither does my dog. He seems to love it already. I'm just bummed that I can't ditch the old bed with the hole in it because the other dog still needs it since they can't share the new one. If I had one request for the company, it would be to make a true Extra Large. Lots of companion dogs cuddle up and share their beds and there are dogs much bigger than mine for which the extra large they're selling wouldn't quite cut it.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 3, 2013 10:03 PM PDT

Sturbridge Braided Stair Tread Beige Stair Tread
Sturbridge Braided Stair Tread Beige Stair Tread
Offered by Sturbridge Yankee Workshop
Price: $8.95

4.0 out of 5 stars My stairs are certainly safer with these treads, August 13, 2013
So, like many of the reviewers, I have 12 wooden steps on the way up to my apartment. The stairs are inside and, though I did have one major fall about a year ago, generally, I don't have a problem on them. My 13 year old dog, however, was sticking close to the wall when climbing or descending the stairs, I noticed. I didn't think much of it until my dog walker left me a note one day saying that she thought he was having a hard time gripping the stairs. So, $100 later, I was laying these stair treads. They're relatively attractive and they've made a world of difference for my pup. He now goes down the center of the stairs with confidence. The only thing I would say, however, is that when laying these, you should make sure to put the double-sided tape as close to the edge of each pad as you can, and make sure you put plenty of tape on them. I thought I lined the perimeter of each tread pretty well with tape, but I do occasionally trip up the stairs if my toe or the point of my show catches the edge of a tread. They're also not washable, because they're stuck to the stairs. It's not a huge problem, but it would be nice if there were a way to stick them to the stairs and then also be able to remove them to clean them. I suppose this could be accomplished by using velcro instead of double-sided tape to adhere them to the stairs. Hmmm....why didn't I think of that earlier?

Emergen-C Variety Pack, Super Orange Tropical & Blue, 30-count
Emergen-C Variety Pack, Super Orange Tropical & Blue, 30-count

4.0 out of 5 stars I swear by these things, August 13, 2013
My aunt, who's a health nut, turned me on to Emergen-C a few years ago when I was visiting during the winter and started getting sick. Ever since, I keep a box on hand and head right to Emergen-C at the slightest sign of fatigue or sniffles. I swear this stuff has saved me from having any really horrible colds for a few years. I'll still get sniffles, but it seems the Emergen-C helps to lessen the length and severity of the cold. And that's huge for me because I've had my spleen removed and am immuno-compromised as a result, so I tend to get sick if I'm in the same town as someone with a cold. LOL. It doesn't taste AMAZING, but it's certainly not bad. I usually take two packets at the same time in a bottle of water. Personally, I find that I like the taste less the greater the ratio of Emergen-C to water. Two packets seems to be a good fit for a 24-ounce water bottle. I fully recommend stocking up on this stuff.

700 Poop Bag Shop Dog Waste Bags, Pet Waste Bags, Durable Premium Bulk Refill Rolls , Blue or Black + Leash Bone Dispenser
Offered by zen_sufu-collection
Price: $14.99
4 used & new from $14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Was missing the one thing that made me purchase this - the dispenser!, August 13, 2013
Let's be honest....we're reviewing poop bags, here, so there's very little to complain about. Picking up poop is a dirty job and nothing...not even a super bag...is going to make it "fun." That said, I go through a TON of these bags and typically order the Green N Pack Eco-Friendly bags. But, I needed a new dispenser and a bulk order of bags, so I chose to order the 700 bags with the dispenser this time. The bags came...and came quickly...but there was no dispenser included. I emailed Amazon and they responded quickly that they were fully refunding the charge and that if I wanted to order again, they would waive the one-day shipping. So, I got to keep the original 700 bags and ordered another 700 (with a dispenser, from another vendor) and only paid $15.99 for one order. I can't complain about that, but it would have been nice if the original purchase came as advertised, including the bone dispenser.

UPDATE: Whoopsy! I feel horrible. The dispenser was actually in the bag that the bags came in and I didn't notice it until just now. Apologies to the company for the bad review initially. So, after having a few days to use the bags, I will say that these bags are significantly thinner than the Green N Pack bags that I've been using (and those are pretty thin since they're environmentally sound). I noticed it and didn't think much of it, but then my boyfriend mentioned that he felt like he was picking up the poop with his bare hand. Yuck. I haven't gotten anything ON me and my hands dont smell much more than they did with the Green N Pack bags, but it does FEEL like there's less between me and the poop. Also, the dispenser keeps falling off my retractable leash handle. I have a very similar one that came with the Green N Packs...same hook and everything...but the Green N Pack one hardly ever falls off. This new one has fallen off pretty much every walk so far. Sigh. But, again, we're reviewing poop bags. It's a dirty job...there's nothing great to say about anything related to it.

BestPet Beige 73" Cat Tree Pet House Condo Activity
BestPet Beige 73" Cat Tree Pet House Condo Activity
Offered by Cavalier Wholesale
Price: $89.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a HIT, thank god!, October 20, 2010
I just finished putting this together a few minutes ago and, as I write this, my 15-week old kitten is going NUTS on it. She keeps attacking the little fuzzy mice that are attached to two of the platforms and trying to take them off the tree with her and they keep snapping back...I'm pretty sure she's getting pissed, but it's providing a lot of entertainment for this happy mommy. A few observations:
1) All of the parts came in one HUGE, very heavy box. I had to roll the box into my house because there was no way I could lift it. 2) I'm EXTREMELY happy to report that, despite a lot of reviews about missing parts, I received all of the parts. 3) This was pretty easy to put together and I'm pretty much the least-handy 30-year-old girl you'll meet. That said, the box lacked any sort of instructions for putting this together, so I had to rely on a parts list that has a diagram of what goes where and I pulled up the picture of the tree on Amazon and kind of just figured it out. It took about an hour and 15 minutes and my cat was playing on it before I even got to putting the second tier together. 4) This looks really nice, but it IS sort of flimsy. Some of the sides of the little houses, for example, are made of particle board, while others feel like they are little more than cardboard. The surfaces that are the flimsiest, though, are not surfaces that your cat would be walking on...they're the sides of the condos. 5) The carpet is laid directly over the particle board, as mentioned in a few of the other reviews. All this means is that the cat will be walking/laying/playing on a very soft, but hard (not cushy) surface. Not a big deal...my cat likes to lay on the hard floor and that's not soft. Also, I see a couple of small spots where the carpet is NOT covering the wood underneath. I'm not going to return the tree over this, but it's kind of annoying that there's a bare surface, even if it's just a corner or other small area. 6) I recommend this product, especially at $50-something bucks, which is what I got it for. BUT, be prepared to pay an arm and a leg for shipping. I ended up paying almost $100 when all was said and done...still a good deal in the world of cat trees, but it would have been nice to not have to pay as much in shipping as I paid for the dang tree. That's my two cents...Overall, I'm pretty happy right now and it seems my new rescue kitty is too!

UPDATE 3/15//12: So, the tree was a hit...for a few months. I have to say that the tree got flimsier and flimsier as time went on. I bought it about a year and a half ago and never moved it after I put it together, yet the whole thing started moving and all the little branches started bending after a short period of time simply from my cat jumping on and laying on it (and she's a very small cat). When I moved out of state in January, I took it apart hoping to put it back together at my new apartment, but it is still sitting in pieces on my floor because all of the holes where you put the screws to keep it together are stripped (it is just particle board, afterall). So, my final word on this is that I think it was a great piece...for a short period of time. Definitely doesn't hold up for the long haul, but if you want something for a year, it's great.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2012 12:09 PM PDT

Bed Head BH102 Tourmaline Nano-Ceramic Styling Iron, 1 1/2 Inch
Bed Head BH102 Tourmaline Nano-Ceramic Styling Iron, 1 1/2 Inch

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware...barrel is HUGE, October 20, 2010
I bought this curling iron because I have long hair (down to the bottom of my shoulder blades) and thought I needed a large barrel to create nice waves. Well, even with really long hair, the 1.5 inch barrel is way too big. I ended up sending it back and getting a 1 inch because the 1.5 inch was so big that it didn't leave any curl in my hair. That said, I really liked the iron itself and there's nothing wrong with the product...you'll just have to use VERY small sections of hair if you want to create curl with it.