Profile for June Campbell > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 29

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

June Campbell "June" RSS Feed (North Vancouver, BC Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Black Mountain Products Anti Burst Exercise Stability Ball with Pump, Black, 2000-Pound/55cm
Price: $24.98
15 used & new from $14.36

5.0 out of 5 stars No Complaints, May 26, 2014
The ball filled up to the correct size as stated. The pump worked. It has worked as expected ever since. Customer service seems good. The ball came with a coupon for a freebie. I phoned and asked about the freebie and the man on the phone was courteous and said he would send it promptly. I am satisfied with the ball and don't really know what more I could say.

Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape
Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape
by Lisa Pulitzer
Price: $12.77
86 used & new from $3.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Definintely Worth the Read, January 6, 2014
I notice that some reviewers have allocated one or two stars to this book, claiming that it is boring and written from an emotionless perspective. To this, I say, well, of course it is. If those reviewers had actually read the book in its entirety, they would have realized that the author, Jenna, like all Sea.org Scientologists, was trained from birth to suppress her emotions. Jenna and her counterparts were criticized or punished for showing emotions, and for those born into the church, as Jenna was, this meant she was trained almost from birth to live 'in her head." After countless auditing sessions, she was very much out of touch with her feelings. I think, as a reader, we are exposed to the real person, as she was trained to be, and that is worthy of honour.

Safari Pet Products CSFW6128 Shed Magic Deshedder for Cats
Safari Pet Products CSFW6128 Shed Magic Deshedder for Cats
Offered by etopso
Price: $13.79
18 used & new from $8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Fine At My House, October 29, 2013
I also have a long haired ragdoll cat. The Safari Shed Magic works just fine, when the cat will permit me to groom him, that is! However, my cat's reluctance to be groomed is universal regardless of the tool being used. This one takes out plenty of old hair and on the days when I am permitted to use it, we don't have any furballs upchucked.

Zip Dry Paper Glue *Fast Drying* Acid & Lignin Free!
Zip Dry Paper Glue *Fast Drying* Acid & Lignin Free!

4.0 out of 5 stars I Use it for Almost Everything, April 21, 2013
I love Zip Dry glue and use it for almost everything. This glue is strong. It will glue anything to anything, almost. Not only that, it takes a while to dry, so you have a chance to reposition something that is in the wrong place. Even better, the glue dries clear.

As I say, I use this regularly and almost exclusively. However, there is a down side. Zip Dry glue will dry out if you are not careful. You MUST keep the top on securely, just as explained in the instructions. It is also possible that the glue will dry out in the bottle. For this reason, before purchasing Zip Dry, or before opening it, turn it upside down to be sure the glue is running properly. It is it already a solid mass, do not buy or return unopened for a refund.

The Casual Vacancy
The Casual Vacancy
by J. K. Rowling
Price: $21.00
852 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Darned Good Story Telling, January 20, 2013
This review is from: The Casual Vacancy (Hardcover)
I have never read J.K. Rowling's books before, but if she writes another adult novel, I will be lining up to get it. I loved this book. To be perfectly frank, I didn't like it at first. I was reading the Large Print edition and I read at least 100 pages before I was into the story. I contemplated giving up, and I am so glad I didn't. Once the story caught me, I was hooked. The British wit is priceless. The story is character driven and despite their obvious flaws, you really care about most of the individuals who make up this book. The book's ending is one that should be kept secret, so I will not spoil it for those who have not read this book. If you like novels, read this book. It's good.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 [OLD VERSION]
Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 [OLD VERSION]
Offered by SoftwareCW
Price: $110.98
3 used & new from $106.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It's an Excellent Software for the Price, October 5, 2011
I am a user of Photoshop Elements. I downgraded from Photoshop CS(x) as I no longer needed such a powerful program. Adobe Elements offers all of the features that most home users want or need. I have given it four stars instead of five because I think the Help component is lacking.

As to the other reviewer who gave this program 1 star, I have to point out that Adobe Photoshop Elements is NOT movie editing software. It is photo editing software. Perhaps she was referring to Adobe Premiere Elements, which is a movie editing software application.
Comment Comments (15) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2012 2:19 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product for Drying Small Quantities, March 12, 2011
Length:: 2:55 Mins

This video demonstrates how to use the Microwave Flower Press, as well as covering my thoughts on the tool. First, this is a small tool so it is best for people like myself who want only a small quantity of dried botanics at a time. I use the pressed flowers and leaves for hand made cards, scrapbooking and other paper crafts. Right now, I am drying the leaves of a shamrock to put on a St. Patrick's Day card. Those who want larger quantities would be advised to purchase the larger version of the press.

Secondly, you do have to experiment with the tool until you develop a sense for the amount of drying time needed in the oven. This will vary, of course, depending on the power of the oven and the size, shape, thickness and moisture content of the flowers and leaves being dried. If you leave it in the microwave too long, the leaves will be over dried and crumbly.

Also, the fabric in the machine will stain badly with use. I suppose you could replace it but the way I look at it is, why bother? I don't care that it stains.

All in all, its a good tool and I would recommend it.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2014 11:33 AM PST

Sizzlits Shape Sets Die - Birthday Set #2
Sizzlits Shape Sets Die - Birthday Set #2

4.0 out of 5 stars The Happy Birthday Die is a Dud, August 8, 2010
I have this set and I like it just fine, except that I cannot get the Happy Birthday one to cut properly. I have tried that particular die using several types of paper, and I have tried it using every possible setting on the Big Shot, including with and without the mats -- and it doesn't cut through the paper well enough to remove the shape without tearing or ripping. If I am doing something wrong, I hope someone will explain the procedure. I wanted the Happy Birthday die more than the other three in the package.

Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folders 2PK - Dots & Flowers Set by Rachael Bright & E.L. Smith
Price: $8.83
16 used & new from $8.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, March 23, 2010
I bought this package last week. I like the embossing folders very much. The Swiss Dots one is perhaps the most versatile. It works well for embossing small flowers and other die cuts or punched shapes as well as larger surfaces. The flower folder is nice also. I made Easter cards with these folders and they are quite attractive

Snuggie Leopard Print with Booklight (Set of 2)
Snuggie Leopard Print with Booklight (Set of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Cuddle Factor, December 1, 2009
I received one of these for my birthday. (The giver said it was "cougar"!). I'd never heard of these before, but I must say they are the ultimate in "cuddle." What's not to like? They're soft and fleecy. They're warm and cuddly and the sleeves keep them in place when you're reaching for the popcorn. I'm a satisfied Snuggle Owner

Page: 1 | 2 | 3