Profile for Janet M. Henderson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 96

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Janet M. Henderson "Book Lover" RSS Feed (Chicago, IL. USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Tampa: A Novel
Tampa: A Novel
by Alissa Nutting
Price: $12.01
64 used & new from $7.25

4.0 out of 5 stars I felt so sorry for poor Jack. He seemed to have lost a great ..., July 7, 2014
This review is from: Tampa: A Novel (Paperback)
This book took me completely by surprise! I couldn't believe what I was reading. In the beginning, when Celeste was just fantasizing about having an adolescent boy, I told myself that because she was a married woman and an educator that she wouldn't actually do it. How could she not care about destroying people's lives? But boy was I wrong! Celeste couldn't wait to indulge herself. I couldn't understand why she had no conscience and why she didn't seek help at some point. I felt so sorry for poor Jack. He seemed to have lost a great deal besides his virginity. The book was good. I can't deny that. The subject was awful. And I found it hard to understand. What could a 26-year-old married woman possibly see in a 14-year-old boy? What does he have that a grown man doesn't? How could she be so turned on? I guess that is the 50 million dollar question. In light of all of the men and women who have been arrested and done time in jail, including Mary Kay Leturno for having sex with young girls and boys, I hope I never find out. I also hope people like Celeste are rare, not too many like her. Otherwise, look out world!

The First Suitor
The First Suitor
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, May 25, 2014
This review is from: The First Suitor (Kindle Edition)
This is the second book I read by Robert James Allison and enjoyed it so much that I will read the sequel. I know it will be good too.

Deadly Ambition
Deadly Ambition
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best political novels I've read, May 23, 2014
This review is from: Deadly Ambition (Kindle Edition)
This book about a chief of staff who is so devious that he plots murders to gain political advantage in the polls was too good to put down. I devoured page after page until I was all done. This is a very good read for people who enjoy politics and danger.

Scholarly Pursuit
Scholarly Pursuit
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great story about courage and the U.S. Army, May 20, 2014
This review is from: Scholarly Pursuit (Kindle Edition)
if you love excitement and suspense with a dash of romance, this is the book for you. Having served in the Army, I was intrigued by the character. Mary is what we call a STRACK WAC. She played by the rules and won. I loved this book. I want to read more by the author.

The Collector
The Collector
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I've read this year, May 16, 2014
This review is from: The Collector (Kindle Edition)
When I read THE WITNESS, I thought it was the best Nora Roberts book I'd ever read, but THE COLLECTOR takes things to a new level. I loved the story of Lila and Ash and their two friends, Julie and Luke. Lila is a house-sitter who witnesses a murder. While she tells the police what she has witnessed, sinister plans are put into play to protect the identity of the killers. This story about Faberge` eggs and the desperate and ruthless people who scheme, plot, and, yes, kill to obtain them will grab you on the first page and not let go until the very end. The two love stories that blossom while the story unfolds are a definite plus. This is a great book! It should not be missed.

Happy Birthday: A Novel
Happy Birthday: A Novel
by Danielle Steel
348 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great novel, May 8, 2014
I love Danielle Steel anyway. This book is one of my favorites. A mother and daughter share the same birthday! The story is too good to resist. You should read it right away.

The Bodyguard
The Bodyguard
DVD ~ Kevin Costner
Price: $4.85
250 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Didn't like the movie as much as the music, May 8, 2014
This review is from: The Bodyguard (DVD)
The acting wasn't so great, but I was thrilled to see Whitney perform. She sang and she acted. That was enough because she was superb at both.

I Look to You [Clean]
I Look to You [Clean]
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorites!, May 8, 2014
This review is from: I Look to You [Clean] (MP3 Music)
I love this song by Whitney Houston, which was written for her by R. Kelly. It speaks to my heart and was a great comfort to me when she passed away. There will never be another singer like Whitney Houston. She and her music will live in my heart forever.

Call Me Irresistible: A Novel
Call Me Irresistible: A Novel
by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Price: $12.59
254 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, May 8, 2014
This is a pretty good book by one of my favorite authors. Susan Elizabeth Phillips is someone I highly recommend to romance lovers. Her books usually deliver.

Soldier of Love
Soldier of Love
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this song!, May 8, 2014
This review is from: Soldier of Love (MP3 Music)
Sade gets better and better. I loved her when I heard Smooth Operator. Now I'm hearing something even better. I hope she keeps singing because I'll keep listening.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10