Profile for Nick > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nick RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Froglube CLP 4 Oz. Tub of Paste Gun Cleaner Lubricant Protectant
Froglube CLP 4 Oz. Tub of Paste Gun Cleaner Lubricant Protectant
Price: $11.46
19 used & new from $9.28

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad for cold weather, March 10, 2014
I was originally a big fan of Froglube and used it on a multitude of pistols and rifles, shooting mainly indoors. It does smooth out just about any firearm that you treat with it and it does in fact "self lube" by sweating out when the gun warms up. That being said, it took one cold weather range trip to break my confidence (at least in the paste). I started out shooting my SR1911 that was treated with Froglube paste routinely. I was having FTE's just about every other round using my preferred target handloads and even shooting some hotter factory 230gr. ball ammo. I had put 300rds of my handloads through the same Froglubed gun at an indoor range 2 weeks earlier with no problems. I also noticed that I could pull the slide back and instead of "slingshotting" forward, it slowly moved forward as if stuck in molasses. After a quick field strip, there was no debris causing this condition. Strike 1 for FL. Next up was my G19, and again FTE's using tried and true ammo of various manufacturers. Again, molasses like slide movement and no fouling to be found. Strike 2 for FL. After some frustration I ended up wiping down both guns and hitting them with some CLP that I keep in my range bag and from then on I had no more problems. No more Froglube for this guy.

Vortex StrikeFire Red Dot Scope for AR15 SF-BR-AR15
Vortex StrikeFire Red Dot Scope for AR15 SF-BR-AR15

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, solid optic for the money, March 10, 2014
I bought this to throw on my Smith and Wesson M&P15 Sport for general range plinking and maybe some steel shooting. So far it has been solid and easy to use, and it was simple to zero in. The one minor annoyance I have is that the glass has a light blue tint. I know that this isn't a Trijicon or Aimpoint so that's not really a big deal. If you are looking for a solid, reliable red dot give the Strikefire a try!

Trick Exhaust Whistle
Trick Exhaust Whistle
Offered by Your Party Delivered
Price: $6.02
10 used & new from $1.21

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for some laughs, July 2, 2013
This review is from: Trick Exhaust Whistle (Automotive)
These were good for a few laughs at work, the welds on the sides seem flimsy and they aren't very loud, but for $3 what do you expect.

Strike Industries Polymer Extreme 1911 Pistol Grip, Molded Golf Ball Dimple Pattern, PX09
Offered by OpticsPlanet, Inc
Price: $14.19
2 used & new from $14.19

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok for the money, July 2, 2013
I recently picked these up for my RIA Tactical as a temporary fix. It is getting a Duracoat job and matching VZ's but needed better grips for the time being. That being said, they aren't terrible grips for $20. They're not as nice as the VZ's on my Springfield but they were also less than 1/3rd of the cost. So far they fit pretty well and look decent. I wish they weren't polymer, but that's why they are cheap.

Pros
-Cheap
-Look good
-Seem durable (I will update it after some good abuse)
-Upgrade from stock grips on most guns

Cons
-Very thick
-Some rough finishing in areas

AGT Brand 4x 194 168 5-SMD Red High Power LED Car Lights Bulb
AGT Brand 4x 194 168 5-SMD Red High Power LED Car Lights Bulb
Offered by Speed Shop
Price: $7.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Alright for a little while, March 25, 2012
I ordered these LED's about 2 weeks ago, and upon receiving them they were the wrong ones. The company shipped out the proper ones but after about 3 days in the car they've started flickering and dying. Not quite the thousands of hours LED's are supposed to have. I should've learned my lesson about buying cheap LED's from Amazon, looks like it's time to get some quality ones for once.

Sterling Silver Round Diamond Fashion Ring (1/20 cttw)
Sterling Silver Round Diamond Fashion Ring (1/20 cttw)
Offered by D-Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the money, March 25, 2012
I bought this as a gift for my girlfriend, and she loved it. For a <$50 ring, it sparkles and shines more than most I've seen in the $100-$200 price range. Comes in a nice box too

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Mora, December 16, 2011
What else is there to say other than it's a Mora? Super sharp, easy to sharpen, tough blade, and durable. The only con I can think of is that the sheath sucks. Luckily I just toss it in my pack (or even pocket sometimes) when I go out in the woods, but I think it would stay in the sheath ok on your belt too. I plan on making a custom deep "pouch" sheath for it so that I can wear it on my belt with no worries. Other than the sheath it's an excellent knife, and it is hands down the best knife you can buy for $15.

10in Polar Bear w Baby Plush Animal
10in Polar Bear w Baby Plush Animal
Offered by All Plush
Price: $28.79
2 used & new from $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, December 5, 2011
I gave every part of the review 5 stars, although most aren't really relevant to a stuffed animal. I bought this for my girlfriend since she loves polar bears, and I was pleasantly surprised by it. I looked everywhere for a polar bear with a baby polar bear (long story), and finally found it here. Without thinking, I ordered it for her, then realized "oh, this could be a cheap toy". When I got it, I opened it up and found out that it was just the opposite. It was super soft and she loved it, which is all that matters to me anyway. Definitely recommend this for anyone.

Sterling Silver Black Diamond Accent Musical Note Pendant
Sterling Silver Black Diamond Accent Musical Note Pendant

1.0 out of 5 stars Very cheap, December 5, 2011
I read reviews before I bought this, and they were mixed, but I figured I'd take a chance and hope. Well, it wasn't worth it. This necklace feels VERY cheap. I bought it as part of a birthday present for my girlfriend but I'd be incredibly embarassed to give this to her. The chain is tiny and feels like it's made out of plastic. I don't doubt that it's metal but I guarantee I could break it with minimal effort. The pendant itself is o.k. Just ok. That being said, I had originally considered buying another chain for it, but after I looked it over I decided against it. The area with the black diamonds is also painted (I think paint?) black, so you lose any hint of contrast between the small stones and the silver and it looks super cheap. Also, only the very front of the pendant was polished, so it looks tacky when you spin it around and see the rough back and sides. Overall, I'm very dissatisfied with this product and will be returning it a.s.a.p. Don't waste your money or time!

Sterling Silver Heart Ring Polished finish 3/8 inch wide, size 6.5
Sterling Silver Heart Ring Polished finish 3/8 inch wide, size 6.5
Offered by Sabrina Silver
Price: $14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, December 5, 2011
I bought this for my girlfriend as a "just because" type of gift, and didn't spend that much at all on it. I was kind of nervous while it was on the way because even though it was cheap, I wouldn't give her a sub-par item and also didn't want to have to deal with a return. Unlike most cheaper jewlery, this ring was much better than described. It came very shiny, felt pretty solid (the band wasn't 1mm thick at least, I didn't try bending it), and she has been wearing it since the end of September with no problems. Overall I'd buy this again in a heartbeat.

Page: 1 | 2