Profile for Miranda > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 305

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Miranda "MVP" RSS Feed (USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Seagate Backup Plus 500GB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (Black)(STBU500100)
Offered by Eonline
Price: $102.45
15 used & new from $44.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Peasy, April 5, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This was very easy to use. It was about the same as using a thumb drive -- you just plug it in to the USB port, and off you go. (OK, you also have to hook it up to a power source.)

It has a good capacity -- 500 GB is plenty of room for a lot of stuff. I like to use an external hard drive to store my photos and music: stuff that would take up a lot of space on my computer's hard drive and slow down the computer. Also, that way, if my computer dies, I don't end up having to re-rip all of my CDs.

This drive is lightweight and very portable.

Freshware 12-Cavity Silicone Muffin Pan
Freshware 12-Cavity Silicone Muffin Pan
Price: $11.78
12 used & new from $9.07

3.0 out of 5 stars Floppy and a bit difficult to use, April 5, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The only problem with this (and every other silicone baking pan) is that it is floppy. You have to use it with a cookie sheet. Also, the product description says you don't have to use paper baking cups, and that's true, but if you don't want your cupcakes/muffins/whatever to stick to the pan, you'd better spray it with non-stick cooking spray before you use it.

I also find these silicone pans a bit more difficult to clean than a standard metal one.

This is OK, but I don't think it will replace my regular muffin tins.

Dove Hair Shampoo, Color Repair, 12 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Dove Hair Shampoo, Color Repair, 12 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Offered by LinenShop
Price: $32.40
3 used & new from $30.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Color Care Shampoo should not contain Sulfates!, April 5, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I know why shampoo manufacturers put sulfates (sodium lauryl sulfate and sodium laureth sulfate) in their products: they produce a lot of lather, which people want even though lather makes no difference in getting your hair clean. But when those ingredients are known to cause hair color to fade, why would they ever put them in a product that claims to be for "color care"?

Other than that, this is a perfectly fine, perfectly standard shampoo. It smells nice and it gets your hair clean. Just don't expect it to repair damage (no product can do that), and definitely don't expect it to be particularly color-friendly.

Dylan's Candy Bar "Lollipop" Cover for Kindle (will only fit Kindle, Kindle Touch, & Kindle Paperwhite)
Offered by J D Abby
Price: $7.99
3 used & new from $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Cover ... A Bit Childish, April 5, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a cute Kindle cover. I'm not sure how much protection it would provide in an impact situation -- definitely better than none, but probably not great. The cover is stiff. It feels like vinyl over stiff cardboard. You can't tell from the picture, but it's a photo print of lollipops on the cover.

The product description says the interior lining is soft and suede-like. I don't find it suede-like at all. It's more like fake leather. I mean, it's not scratchy or anything, but I wouldn't call it "soft."

Also, I just looked at the price for this item, and I think it's pretty seriously overpriced.

I got this for myself, but it really looks like something for a little girl -- if little girls have their own Kindles.

Dove Hair Therapy Conditioner, Color Repair, 12 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Dove Hair Therapy Conditioner, Color Repair, 12 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Offered by CBD Gifts and Goods
Price: $19.40
9 used & new from $9.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic conditioner, March 21, 2013
No hair product can actually repair damage, as this one claims to do. But it is a nice-smelling, effectively-moisturizing conditioner. Nothing special, but perfectly fine.

NOS4A2: A Novel
NOS4A2: A Novel
by Joe Hill
Price: $16.99
100 used & new from $1.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Different, Engaging, February 3, 2013
This review is from: NOS4A2: A Novel (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like the concept of Joe Hill's third novel: there are people who have the ability to alter the world using certain tools (a car, a bike, a game). This power comes with a price, and not all of these people have good intentions.

I like the characters, too -- Vic McQueen, a messed-up woman with a good kid; Lou Carmody, her geeky, fat, biker hero (and father of her child); and the bad guy, a sort-of (only sort-of) vampire who preys on children.

I felt like the story fell apart a little toward the end, and was a bit too long, but I enjoyed it.

X-Gear Solid Ice Scraper Mitts (2-Pack, Black and Red)
X-Gear Solid Ice Scraper Mitts (2-Pack, Black and Red)
Price: $17.76

3.0 out of 5 stars Warm, But Not That Easy to Use, February 3, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a decent, not great ice scraper.

What I like:

- The mitt is nice and warm, and fleecy and soft on the inside.
- The scraping blade did a fine job clearing the ice off my windows.

What I don't like:

- The handle inside the mitt is too short to really give me any leverage. It wasn't comfortable to use, and I eventually gave up and used my old, long-handled scraper instead.

Bottom line: if you're using a scraper and you've forgotten your gloves, this might be a nice thing to have. But as long as you have gloves, you're better off with a standard scraper.

Paula Deen Signature Cutlery 3-Piece Chef Set with Sheaths, Speckle Blueberry
Paula Deen Signature Cutlery 3-Piece Chef Set with Sheaths, Speckle Blueberry
Offered by UnbeatableSale, Inc
Price: $36.96
3 used & new from $28.43

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the Sharpest Knives in the Drawer, February 3, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Usually, brand-new knives are nice and sharp -- you buy a new knife and you instantly notice how dull all of your other knives are, by comparison.

Not so much, with these Paula Deen knives. They're not especially sharp. With the big one, I had to press pretty hard to cut through veggies and tomatoes. At least, I had to press way harder than I expected to with a new knife.

These also feel kind of cheap, probably because of the plastic handles. I do like the color, and the sheaths are good if you need to store these knives in a drawer.

TIGI Bed Head Mega Whipped Marshmallow Hair Texturizer Unisex Styler, 4 Ounce
TIGI Bed Head Mega Whipped Marshmallow Hair Texturizer Unisex Styler, 4 Ounce
Offered by Wholesale Marketplace Direct
Price: $29.27
18 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for short hair!, December 13, 2012
I have a short pixie cut, and this product is great for holding my hair without being stiff, and giving it texture. (I have babyfine, naturally curly hair, though I have it cut short enough that the curl doesn't really show). I love the smell. I'm not sure it smells like marshmallows, but it smells delicious. The price is kind of high but a little goes a long way. You can probably get at least 3 months out of a jar; I think I got more like 6.

This is great for creating a tousled look. It probably isn't strong enough for spikes.

Omron electroTHERAPY Pain Relief Device PM3030
Omron electroTHERAPY Pain Relief Device PM3030
Price: $28.67
57 used & new from $21.73

4.0 out of 5 stars Weird, but it works!, November 15, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It took me a while to review this product, because it's really meant for acute muscle pain, and I didn't have any. I had some soreness (I play roller derby, so sore muscles come with the territory), but no real pain.

Last week I had a back spasm. Yay ... ? I tried this product. I stuck the pads on my back, and turned it on, and felt a weird electric shocky/twitchy sensation. I think the cycle lasted about 10-15 minutes. Afterward, my back felt better. Not completely better, but definitely better than when I started.

One thing I didn't love is that you have to attach the wires to the pads with little snaps, and they can easily come unsnapped. It's not a huge problem, but it was annoying when in the middle of the treatment, mine came unsnapped.

I would recommend this product to anyone who has frequent acute muscle pain.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20