Profile for J. deckard > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. deckard "Chase Dark" RSS Feed (laPorte, Tx.)

E-PRANCE FHD 1080P 30FPS G1W Car DashBoard Video Camera 2.7 inch Screen with G-sensor, Black
Offered by buyinsoon
Price: $45.65
7 used & new from $34.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent entry level dash cam, April 28, 2014
Worked out of the box as expected. Note a class 6 card maximum should be used. Class 10 cards DO NOT WORK, and class 4 is iffy at best on this device. Thing to note keep audio recording off it isn't very good (gain up 200% to hear it) and just uses more space on this device. All in all this dash cam is excellent for its price range and features set. WDR works quite well at night especially on the dark roads I drive on, headlights provide all the light the camera needs to see. Battery life is about 20minutes or so, half that if using the light function on the camera itself good for taking a few pictures of an accident scene or playing back video for the police. All in all its exactly what I needed for my car and what I expected out of it. Would recommend to others to pick up to try in their own vehicles.

4.0 out of 5 stars Romanian WASR 10/63, March 5, 2011
Excellent quad rail for the money, and easily fit on the Romanian without a single issue past user error (forgot to align the AK's lower clamp back up and ended up trying to clamp it back in upside down). The addition of a pair of extra screws, and shims were nice, though not needed in my case. Unfortunately mine came missing the cover rails the description had listed it with. Probably an oversight is all as all of the seller's other products have come as described. At any rate, the missing pieces aside this quad rail is rock steady and just looks damned good on my AK. The only reason it's not a 5 star is for the missing rail covers. Take your time installing it and enjoy, also... watch your old wood clamps are aligned correctly first else you'll accidently install them upside down like I did.

Excellent buy for the money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2011 9:46 PM PDT

5.0 out of 5 stars Romanian WASR 10/63, March 5, 2011
Excellent grip for those of us in the AK crowd. It has a nice positive feel, good ergonomics as your hand moves into a more nature firing position unlike other grips like the Saw style which is on most AK variants now or days. Though the grip DOES NOT come with a bolt supplied with it, you can find one at your local gun smith or hardware store easily enough a measly 20 cent purchase for you to buy a grade 8 bolt with black oxide finish on it. The storage compartment is a nice feature to this grip though difficult to open unless you've a penny or finger nail. Comes with a battery holder that's removable so you can hold a spare AA for your laser or flash light or both as the battery holder holds 1 AA with spare room for a second AA to sit next to it loose. Depending on your AK47 model you may or may not have to do a bit of shaving on the front for the trigger guard. I didn't have to but some models you may, thankfully though it's very easy to accomplish as its formed from a composite. I've already pumped 200+ rounds of ammunition down the barrel today (3-4-11) and the grip has held on nice and tight. I would recommend some red loc-tite on the bolt threads though just for safeties sake.

This will make your AK much more enjoyable to fire at the range or in the field.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 3, 2012 11:27 AM PDT

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Grip for the money!, March 5, 2011
Currently installed on a Quad rail for a WASR 10/63 AK-47. Tested on range as of today (3-4-11). This grip is an excellent buy for the money, feels good in the hand with it's positive rubberized coating, sturdy as hell as I've held my rifle one handed today while fast swapping between ammo drums with a full assortment of goodies installed and listed for an idea of weapon weight: red dot scope side rail mounted, quad rail, krinkov muzzle device (from GRG MFG on amazon finished a review of it earlier), Laser sight, and tactical flashlight. It handled all that additional weight and a full 75rnd drum magazine to boot. It's quite a sturdy piece of composite, feels right good in the hand and does take up some of the recoil off of your hand as well, so no more hand cramps after a day on the range. Fired 200+ rounds through it with only one single issue, which is the bottom storage compartment's tab sliding back. I found a simple fix for it though, placing a sliver of teflon tape into the groves fixed it in a heartbeat.

Your hand will thank you for this gift.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2011 11:44 PM PST

AK-47 AK buffer
AK-47 AK buffer
Offered by Rousch Sport
Price: $6.98
8 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buffer, March 5, 2011
This review is from: AK-47 AK buffer (Misc.)
Just picked up this buffer to ease some of the recoil from my Romanian WASR 10/63 AK-47 a few days ago. Got to test it out at the range along with a few new pieces of hardware I just installed on my rifle. I was admittedly skeptical at first of this piece, but have become quite surprised at how much of a difference it makes in firing my rifle. It's a hardened polymer that fits on the spring retainer and keeps the bolt from slamming back into the rear of the rifle. It takes a good deal of the recoil out of firing the weapon, enough so that my shoulder isn't aching as it did before I installed it. Weapon cycle remain intact so you won't have to worry about your brass failing to fully clear the weapon before another round is chambered. I tested this on normal semi-auto and even bump firing the weapon saw no change in cycle. 300+ rounds of ammunition were fired today (3-4-11) with no FTE's to speak of, and a lighter recoil then I'm used to from this rifle considering it is a 7.62 x 39mm round. Though the buffer comes with no instructions to speak of in the package, youtube will have several video's of how-to install the buffer. Vise grips are the one single tool that is needed for the install and that's basically to remove the spring, and reinstall the spring that's it. Long term review comments will be posted in a few months as to the sturdiness of the product after a duration of 2000+ rounds of firing.

Get this your shoulder will thank you for it!!
Comment Comments (48) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2013 6:29 AM PDT

5.0 out of 5 stars Romanian WASR 10/63 (GP/WASR 10/63), March 5, 2011
Counting the sheer number of muzzle flash reducers, and recoil 'reducing' muzzle devices I've had on my AK-47, and my AR-15. I can say with a good degree of confidence that this muzzle device actually works a lot better then some of the more expensive and fancier versions you can find on Amazon, and other sites. For one it's built fairly substantially out of steel, it is a bit heavier then what most of you may be used to in this type of a device but that extra weight also helps with keeping the barrel down for quicker follow up shots. Muzzle flash is greatly reduced overall instead of the 2 foot fireball in the air like the slant brake puts out, this flash is more akin to a small baseball size if your firing corrosive ammo, and barely a golf ball size puff if your firing newer non corrosive ammo, fired both on it today for comparison. It's quite a sight saver when you fire it at night as I've just done today. Fired both in day, evening, and low light (twilight) at the range and barely noticed any flash at all. My control of the weapon is a great deal better then it was with the other muzzle break I had on earlier. Fitting the break is straight forward you will need to tighten down two fitting pins if you're barrel is set for pins as mine is dual set with both pins and threads so I know it's not going to go anywhere. It will extend the length of your barrel overall by roughly 3 and a half inches. Control of the weapon is simpler as the recoil goes straight back, bump firing is spot on and easily handled compared to a few other brakes I've owned. Also of note is that the AK's weapon cycle is unaffected by the break in case any of you were worried about it slow cycling or failing to cycle.

Cleaning it is a breeze as well just run a quick mop through and it's done (or in my case a bore snake).

1968 Romanian AK-47 WASR 10/63
7.62 x 39mm (Semi-auto)

(Should've bought this months ago instead of getting it only this past week!!)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2011 9:45 PM PDT

5.0 out of 5 stars Romanian WASR 10/63, February 22, 2011
I've owned this kit for roughly a year now and just bought a second one for my other WASR (Should be here this week.) It works well for those of you that have long arms. Fitting takes a little work as you have to drill two pilot holes for the stocks mounting screws (Tape the drill bit with the screws length roughly 1/4 of the screw way works best and gives the screw more bite once it's past the pilot hole), also you WILL need a rubber mallet and may have to do some shaving with a dremel tool to fit to the WASR 10/63 just a tiny bit of shaving on the top tab is all nothing major and a few taps of the mallet to snug it up. I've put nearly 4000 rounds through my AK with this stock so it functions just as it should. A thing to note if your all wondering I use the 4th stock position (Yes I've really long arms). All in all install for the Romanian WASR 10/63 takes roughly 30 minutes start to finish including time for tool use, and snugging it in with the mallet.

Also for those of you interested if you use the side folding adapter UTG makes be prepared for some fiddling with your stance and some leveling adjustments on the stock (It takes awhile to get it adjusted just right so that the stock doesn't feel loose)
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 20, 2012 4:50 PM PST

Cheetah Mounts APDAM3B Dual Articulating Arm (14" Extension) TV Wall Mount Bracket for 20-55 inch LCD, LED and Plasma Flat Screen TVs up to VESA 400x400 and 115lbs, with Tilt, Swivel, and Rotation Adjustment, Including a Twisted Veins 10' Braided High Speed with Ethernet HDMI Cable and a 6" 3-Axis Magnetic Bubble Level
Offered by CheetahMounts
Price: $44.69
22 used & new from $32.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product!, January 16, 2010
I recently bought this Tv wallmount to hang my new 42" Toshiba clearscan 240 LCD. I was admittedly apprehensive about hanging my tv up on the wall, but after reading the reviews on the previous model by Cheetah and hearing the lone review on the newer model of wall mount, I decided to go for the upgraded model.
I am certainly glad that I did! The build quality of this beast of a mount is high, though just like the original mount it's fasteners are somewhat suspect, so I did what other recommended and went out and bought new bolts and jam nuts. (A tiny cost of 45cents for a few heavy duty nuts and bolts)

The assembly was straight forward, instructions easy to follow and it certainly holds up well under even my bodyweight when I tested the strength of it on the wall (didn't budge an inch). The fact that it's rated to hold far more then my tv's 59pounds was certainly a major plus in my mind.

The mounts movements are fluid, easily adjusted and seady when your done positioning it. I've got it hung so that it's positioned in a corner of the room, so as I move around to different area's of the room, such as my gaming desk I just turn it easily to face the desk, or the couch for movies/tv watching.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 29, 2010 11:33 PM PDT