Profile for Unhappy dude > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Unhappy dude RSS Feed (New York)

Don't Let Me Go
Don't Let Me Go
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written novel, August 23, 2012
This review is from: Don't Let Me Go (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this read. I loved the true to life characters, the simplicity with which the author told the story and the riveting tale that pulled me in and hoped for a happy ending. I would highly recommend this book. .....just a very lovely story....

Running the Rift
Running the Rift
by Naomi Benaron
Price: $19.10
220 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully told novel, February 6, 2012
This review is from: Running the Rift (Hardcover)
What a beautifully told novel...loved the language, poetry of verse and unforgetable characters. I highly recommend this book. It is a fast paced and engrossing read.

This Boy's Life: A Memoir
This Boy's Life: A Memoir
by Tobias Wolff
Price: $11.16
451 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Endlessly going nowhere, January 30, 2012
I wish I had put this book down when I began to realize that it was going nowhere. I just did not get the intent of this boring read. It never did get to anywhere in my opinion. I have read many coming of age stories and memoirs that were far more memorable than this read. Save your money and try Life is so Good, The Invisible Wall or perhaps Breaking Night.

One Way Ticket to Anywhere: A Boy Sets Out On His Own
One Way Ticket to Anywhere: A Boy Sets Out On His Own
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight forward and compelling, January 27, 2012
An honest and compelling read on how too many children are forced to grow up......I wish there had been more people in Rich's life who had reached out to help him....Where were the counselors in his school and all of his teachers? How is it that so few people could not "see" this child's need for clothing, food and the basic necessities of life? As a society we need to be more accountable to young people who grow up every day in these types of situations. Rich's life story reminds me of my own responsibility to look for opportunities to help those less fortunate, especially children. I wish you all the best Rich.....and am so happy for you that you survived and prospered despite what you endured. Very honest and great read.....

Breaking Night: A Memoir of Forgiveness, Survival, and My Journey from Homeless to Harvard
by Liz Murray
37 used & new from $4.18

5.0 out of 5 stars More than I anticipated, January 12, 2012
I had read about Liz on the internet and almost did not purchase this book, believing that her story was similar to many of the young homeless people growing up on the streets of our cities. I am so glad that I read her life's story. It was inspirational to me in so many ways. I worked as a counselor myself in an alternative high school setting.....So much of Liz's story could have been written by the students with whom I came to know and love in my own work. I seldom write reviews but I felt compelled to after reading Liz's book....It was an amazing read. I wish you Liz, all the best that life has to hold.

An Invisible Thread: The True Story of an 11-Year-Old Panhandler, a Busy Sales Executive, and an Unlikely Meeting with Destiny
by Alex Tresniowski
67 used & new from $0.89

5.0 out of 5 stars An Invisible Thread, November 5, 2011
This is an amazing and heartwarming story. I loved it and read it from cover to cover. I highly recommend it.