Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for The Werewolf Mage > Reviews

Browse

The Werewolf Mage's Profile

Customer Reviews: 40

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

The Werewolf Mage RSS Feed (Georgia, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Reynolds Cookie Baking Sheets Non-Stick Parchment Paper, 100 Sheets, 4 Count
Reynolds Cookie Baking Sheets Non-Stick Parchment Paper, 100 Sheets, 4 Count
Price: $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes baking so much easier!, February 2, 2016
I received my #sponsored sample from Crowdtap, and I loved them! They make the clean up process next to nothing, but to my surprise there was a lot of ease in the baking process as well. Just move one liner with baked cookies to a baking rack and lay out another. Instead of having to wait for them to cool or struggle with a spatula, and risk breaking the baked goods, it was a snap!

Also, Reynolds might not like me for this one, but I would also love to use these in crafts for something that needs drying. If cookies come off this easily, so will glued and painted items!

Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners, 4-Count (Pack of 12)
Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners, 4-Count (Pack of 12)
Offered by DEALS FOR ALL
Price: $28.00
8 used & new from $28.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product and so easy to use!, February 2, 2016
I received my #sponsored sample from Crowdtap. My mom and I use the crock pot a lot, but we have never used the liners. These things are probably the best thing I've ever used to help in the kitchen! Cleanup is no problem, just pull out the liner and trash it! The only problem we had was that it was a little difficult to get the food out of the pot. It was sticking a little to the liner.

Resident Evil: Revelations - Xbox 360
Resident Evil: Revelations - Xbox 360
Offered by DealsPointer
Price: $20.88
104 used & new from $8.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible!, January 16, 2014
My sister has this for the 3DS and with the way my eyes are, I cannot see it so clearly on such a small screen. But I really enjoyed the gameplay and a certain character, so I bought it for the Xbox. It's very bigger, clearer, and easier to play. I like the little touches, the two extra Raid Mode characters, and extra enemy that the Xbox version received.

Raid Mode seems more difficult, with a lack of ammo and extra Scagdeads running around even on Chasm, but it's also much more fun. The addition of Rachael, with health regeneration, is great for those higher levels. I have yet to earn HUNK, so we don't know how well he plays. But HUNK is always a great bonus for Resident Evil fans.

The only thing I really wish was for more DLC. Ooze Rachael and Lady HUNK (what the crap is up with THAT one?) aren't enough. I would love a DLC scenario detailing Raymond's side of the story (most of which I can figure out, but how he got to the comms room before Parker and Jill is beyond me) and more DLC outfits (especially for Raymond, either his Veltro look or the outfit he wears at the end.)

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Limited Edition Collector's Set)
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Limited Edition Collector's Set)
DVD ~ Takahiro Sakurai
Offered by amazingwildcat
Price: $34.74
11 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it., December 28, 2013
This review is about this set, not the movie which I completely adore. This set is absolutely not worth it. It only has three cases in the novel (Barret, Denzel, and Tifa). No Yuffie, no Nanaki, and worst of all no Shinra. The DVD itself is just the original release, not Advent Children Complete. The only plus side is the script and postcards, which are not worth the price tag.

Resident Evil 6 Archives -Xbox 360
Resident Evil 6 Archives -Xbox 360
Offered by Online-Source
Price: $47.83
33 used & new from $12.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Remove the nostalgia glasses before playing., October 6, 2012
Let me start by saying this: I've been with the series since the first game. Granted back then my brother and cousins used to scare me with it, I still played it straight on up until 6 now.

It's getting a lot of bad press, which is saddening. The series is not dying and the game itself is not bad. Sure, I wouldn't give it a 5/5 or a 10/10 but that's because it's not perfect to me either. I hate some of the storylines, especially one character and one ending. I hate how the split screen in Mercs is smaller than full screen (there's a huge gap space between the split screens and the sides). I don't like the new use of herbs. I loathe the L + R button combinations you have to make.

But I would recommend anyone who loves the series to give it a go. Don't listen to the professional reviewers at game magazines and websites. Form your own opinion.

Sure, the game isn't scary. There's a few jump moments when you first play through, but nothing that will give you nightmares. A lot of people complain the game is too actiony. I don't think so. There's suspense (not to be mixed with scares) and puzzles too. It has the feel of the old games with the mix of the new. Don't expect Resident Evil, or even RE2 and RE3. The games have been more action based since 4. It's nothing new for the series.

The menus take a lot of getting used to. And some weapons may be limited to some characters, but that isn't much of annoyance. Especially since melee is its own button, and yet not easy to abuse as you also have to focus on your stamina.

The costumes are a little cheesy, but when aren't they? The storyline is a little crazy, but when hasn't it been? All in all, I'd give it a solid 4/5 or 8/10. And again I urge you to play it, especially if you wanted to play it but have been turned off by the reviewers.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2012 8:07 PM PST

Docolla Pullip Doll Black Butler Sebastian TaeYang Figure Doll by Animewild
Docolla Pullip Doll Black Butler Sebastian TaeYang Figure Doll by Animewild
Offered by SASUKE.JAPAN
Price: $70.55
125 used & new from $70.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Sebastian is just adorable!, November 28, 2011
While I do love Sebastian as Ciel's tutor, the butler Sebastian doll is the one to win my heart. I wanted the big one so badly but cannot afford it. The docolla of Sebastian is just as adorable. It comes in its own little box, black and purple with Sebastian on the front. I'm not taking mine out of the box so I don't know how well they feel and look outside of their box, but I know he's still a winner. I need to get Grell and Ciel now, and keep my fingers crossed that they decide to make William!

My Sister's Keeper: A Novel (Wsp Readers Club)
My Sister's Keeper: A Novel (Wsp Readers Club)
by Jodi Picoult
Price: $9.52
1484 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars An OK book with a somewhat lame ending., October 26, 2011
I have always wanted to read this book, and was quite happy to find it for sale during a yard sale recently. I finished the book I was reading at the moment in a hurry in order to start reading My Sister's Keeper.

My expectations were pretty high and I have to say they were not met. My Sister's Keeper is about a young girl, Anna, who was conceived in order to be a donor for her older sister Kate, someone who has suffered through chemotherapy and all other sorts of treatments for leukemia. At the start of the novel, Anna seeks an attorney, Campbell, because she says she does not want to be a donor for her sister anymore. The book is told in chapters, each chapter narrated by a different character, including Anna, her mother Sara, her father Brian, her brother Jesse, Campbell, and Julia, a court appointed guardian who is to determine what is best for Anna.

Throughout the book, Anna seems to flip flop over whether or not she really wants legal medical emancipation from her parents. The book is told over the expanse of a little more than a week. Throughout that week there are many soap operaish moments, some cheesy moments, some sweet moments, and some very sad moments. Sara's chapter that tells about Kate flirting with, and eventually dating, a young boy with cancer himself sticks out the most to me. It's very sad, but as a reader, I had a few questions like what exactly caused him to die? Was it the kiss with Kate?

What bugged me more than the ending, an ending which is mentioned in quite a few reviews here already, is Sara's character. I found myself hating her. She came off as a selfish person who only seemed to have one child, her sick daughter Kate. She did not seem to care at all about Anna or Jesse. She only seemed to care if something affected Kate.

All in all, My Sister's Keeper is an OK book. It's not horrible but it's certainly not the best book out there. I might read it again but I won't be reading it again any time soon.

Traitor (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, Book 13)
Traitor (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, Book 13)
by Matthew Woodring Stover
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
174 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Getting through it was the treacherous part., August 14, 2011
I have been a Star Wars fan for quite some time but Vong war was the first time I set foot into the extended universe. I wanted to start with the NJO, the storyline has held the most interest to me of the ones I've heard of. I've read many of the books, though admittedly out of order. I started in order but found myself desperately wanting to read Star by Star and Traitor.

Star by Star was great, that one I have no qualms about. Traitor disappointed me in so many ways. Yes it was not the worst thing I read but it was hard to read. The grammar and writing style felt so much more juvenile than the other NJO books. It was like it had been simplified down. With the other books I have read, I felt like I could see these places and creatures clearly in my head. With Traitor, I felt I was not given enough to imagine them.

I know a lot of the controversy surrounding this was the torture scenes involving Jacen Solo. I could definitely see why. Some were downright cringe worthy. The scenes in the Vong nursery were disgusting and disturbing at times, especially the events towards the end of the section involving the nursery.

Vergere was a riddle to me. This is the most she's involved storywise (at least of the books I've read, she might be featured prominently elsewhere) and I still could not figure her out. Was she always lying or was she always helping in some weird, twisted way? She was a mystery to me and the writing when it came to Vergere kept me hooked. She was a bit of an enigma in this book.

Nom Amor came off as very basic and not fleshed out. I felt that, save for being referred to as Nom Amor, he could have been anybody. I did not see him as the fearsome Vong executor in Traitor. He was just a little bit of a sneak who would do anything to live.

What upset me the most, however, was the way Ganner Rhysode was written. I felt that the author decided to take a character perhaps not featured as often as any other and tried to flesh him out but did so badly. I have never seen Ganner as the pathetic, depressed, suicidal wreck that he was portrayed as in Traitor. I always saw him as a bit of an egotistical person but not always trying to be the hero and always trying to show off, especially after getting his scar. It's like none of that ever happened, which was a little frustrating.

Ganner's last stand was pretty good. I can see why it tops EU favorite lists. Jacen's bonding with the World Brain was cool and useful, and somehow strangely cute in some parts. However not much else made me want to reread this one again soon like I want to reread the others I have.

The Beach Trees
The Beach Trees
by Karen White
Price: $9.86
345 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet but not my favorite, July 27, 2011
This review is from: The Beach Trees (Paperback)
Julie Holt finds herself homeless and jobless after her friend Monica passes away and wills both her old house, River Song, and her five year old son Beau to her. So Julie buys a van that's nearly falling apart and takes Beau to the house in Biloxi. When she gets there, she finds out that the house was destroyed in Hurricane Katrina.

Monica has also left her a portrait that Julie's great-grandfather painted of Monica's great-grandmother. Julie, in an attempt to have some money for herself and Beau, tries to sell the painting which catches the attention of Monica's grandmother, Aimee, and her brother Trey.

After that point, the story really picked up for me. Aimee comes off as a kind character who loves her family and is nearly immediately willing to have Beau and Julie move into her house. Trey, however, begins as a cold, somewhat selfish character. He is rude to Julie, telling her that the portrait was stolen from them and that they will eventually get custody of Beau as he belongs with them and not Julie.

Aimee is still seeking a reason as to why Monica would leave them so many years before, so she begins to tell Julie about her own past, hoping that their stories will link together and the two of them can figure out the missing pieces that would force Monica to leave. The book soon begins a shift in narratives and time frames, something that Karen White has pulled off very well before and that I feel she has done well again here in The Beach Trees.

Aimee's stories really took me in as a reader and I was anxious to get to them again and again. I think I loved them more than Julie's side of the book. Though I will say that Julie's search for her long missing sister was a little heartbreaking, it did not entrap me as some of Karen's other stories. I actually did not catch myself crying at all during this book, which is something I've done at least once for all her others.

By the end of the book I found it easy enough to realize who had a hand in what had happened to Monica's great-grandmother, Caroline. However, how it happened was a big surprise to me. I did not expect that. I also did not expect the twist involving her and Aimee's mother. The only disappointments I had with The Beach Trees was not seeing anything from Wes other than flashbacks (though he did have a stroke and dementia, I felt they could still have visited him at least once in the present) and what happened to Julie's sister Chelsea. (all missing children cases do not get solved I know, but I kind of wanted Julie to have more closure than I felt she got). Otherwise, it's another great book by Karen White and I'd definitely recommend it.

Great Eastern Entertainment Black Butler Sebastian Wallet
Great Eastern Entertainment Black Butler Sebastian Wallet
Offered by eknight-media
Price: $22.44
4 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One hell of a wallet., July 15, 2011
It's a very sturdy wallet. It's made very well and there's been no signs of damage or use, and the Sebastian image has not tried to fade or peel. It might be a little small to some but it has just enough space for the things I need in it. I may pick up another one just to add to my Black Butler collection.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4