Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Melissa Ramirez Naasko > Reviews

Browse

Melissa Ramirez ...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Melissa Ramirez Naasko "Naasko Family" RSS Feed (Colorado)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Special Agents of Christ: A Prayer Book for Young Orthodox Saints
Special Agents of Christ: A Prayer Book for Young Orthodox Saints
by Annalisa Boyd
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $10.95
12 used & new from $4.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging and Accessible, Fun for Children but still Faithful, April 8, 2016
I was looking for something that I could use with my own children to advance their understanding of the Faith. I made copies of all the prayers and put them in enveloped decorated with spy themed images and I gave them all name tags. It was a fun summer project and well worth doing again and again. The material and format is engaging and accessible for even younger children and they all had a great time. This could easily be adapted to use in a church school setting or for a church camp. We had a great time with it!

We Came, We Saw, We Converted: The Lighter Side of Orthodoxy in America
We Came, We Saw, We Converted: The Lighter Side of Orthodoxy in America
by Joseph David Huneycutt
Price: $12.98
39 used & new from $1.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Lighthearted and Fun, Makes a Great Gift, April 8, 2016
This book is written in a series of short and highly entertaining vignettes but the best one is the camp letter. I read it over and over again. That is not to say that the entire book isn't equally enjoyable because it is a riot. Father's book is well worn and will continue to be. Even my teenagers like this book. The broad appeal makes it a delightful book to give as a gift and you might as well buy one for yourself, you won't be disappointed.

In God's Hands: A Mother s Journey through Her Infant's Critical Illness
In God's Hands: A Mother s Journey through Her Infant's Critical Illness
by Elissa Bjeletich
Price: $18.95
11 used & new from $2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Evocative Journal of Triumph, April 8, 2016
This book is earthy and real and beautifully written with refreshing vulnerability. It is the compelling and gripping story of a devoted mother honestly chronicling her daughter's life threatening illness. Elissa's soul-bearing journal draws the reader in and hooks them immediately. I was deeply invested in her daughter's survival and I become even more so the further I read into the book. This book is about more than the journey, it is about the destination. I can't recommend it more strongly.

O. J.: Monster or Myth?
O. J.: Monster or Myth?
DVD
Price: $5.99

1.0 out of 5 stars It was predicated on a profound understanding of the specific ..., November 17, 2015
It was predicated on a profound understanding of the specific players and events of the trial. There was no explanation, no recap, nothing that would make this an actual documentary. It was just a random series of interviews that shed no light on anything.

Lily the Unicorn Season 1
Lily the Unicorn Season 1
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Falafel-waffle, we love you!, August 6, 2015
The songs are catchy but not stressful to listen to when the kids sing it for days on end, the animation is friendly, and plot is simple. My kids love this show and I can't wait until they make more.

Love Your Curls: A poetic tribute to curly hair inspired by real women
Love Your Curls: A poetic tribute to curly hair inspired by real women
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Silly, poorly written poems., June 8, 2015
I'm not the target audience but I a mother of someone who is. I found this silly and the poetry of poor quality. I always was disappointed to find a poem that was critical of straight haired girls, "The curlier the curl, the cuter the girl." I want my curly children to not only accept their hair but that of others. I see what the goal was but it sadly missed the mark.

The Washington Post
The Washington Post
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars OK, so it was a pushed app. I still like it., May 14, 2015
This review is from: The Washington Post (App)
I like having this app. It's functional, has lots of photos, links to articles that comprise the back story, and it's on my Kindle-- which I always have with me. I didn't think I'd like it but honest, I'm hooked.

The Alphabet Book
The Alphabet Book

1.0 out of 5 stars Unprofessional Production, January 20, 2015
This review is from: The Alphabet Book (Kindle Edition)
I borrowed on Prime so I didn't spend money on this title which is good. This is not so much a book as a document with a string of MS clip art and brief sentences like "B is for bear. His name is Ted," and, "X is for X-Ray, this one's a head." It's clumsy and sounds like it was written by a child. In fact, my middle aged children (9 and 10) do the same things on the computer using Power Point and I recognized the clip art from their presentations. Don't bother with this book if you have to pay for it.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2015 3:58 AM PST

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard, heavy, clumsy. Feels like a brick in a tube sock., December 26, 2014
My 21 month old got one for Christmas and now I have no idea why people like these. The doll has a soft, floppy body which is as it should be; the head, however, is practically a weapon. It is so heavy my toddler has a hard time carrying it and it is hard like a brick. We passed it around and no one could figure out why the giant head would be so hard and so heavy. We thought that maybe it was supposed to DO something and I looked it up online to see what we were not getting turns out that it is just a very odd toy. The sound making device is in the body and not in the head, by the way. Finally somebody suggested we keep it next to the door as a weapon to keep out home invaders.

Hello Dinosaurs (a fun picture book and reader for young children ages baby-5 years)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I read it everyday. Many times a day. Forever., November 18, 2014
Actually, like eight times a day. It's the toddler favorite. Sadly, I know it by heart. I will read it daily until I die. She will never tire of it. Please, please, please write another book so I can read something different. It had better be about dinosaurs, too. Also, I need a nap.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4