Profile for Oprah's Weave > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Oprah's Weave RSS Feed (Charlotte, NC)

Burn
Burn
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best pop songs of the year!, December 1, 2013
This review is from: Burn (MP3 Music)
Love Ellie, she's really a different kind of pop singer, with a unique voice. I highly recommend this song and her album Halcyon Days is quite good as well.

KONG Teddy Bear Dog Toy, Medium, Brown
KONG Teddy Bear Dog Toy, Medium, Brown
Price: $5.99
30 used & new from $3.70

4.0 out of 5 stars My Maltese loves it, November 5, 2013
I bought this for my small Maltese, she enjoys it so far. They really mean no stuffing though, didn't realize it would be so flat, although the squeaker that comes with it helps some. This toy is perfect for my small dog but I can see why buyers with larger, rougher dogs would be disappointed in it.

Ciara
Ciara
Price: $13.48
74 used & new from $3.88

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite albums this year, August 2, 2013
This review is from: Ciara (Audio CD)
This album is so much better than Ciara's last 2 efforts. This work is cohesive and the album flows well from start to finish. My favorite tracks are Body Party, Livin It Up, and Sophomore. Highly recommend it!

Nicki Minaj Pink Friday Eau de Parfum Spray for Women, 1.7 Ounce
Nicki Minaj Pink Friday Eau de Parfum Spray for Women, 1.7 Ounce
Offered by Broadstone Store
Price: $22.65
23 used & new from $22.65

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my faves, June 8, 2013
This is the first celebrity fragrance I have bought and it is well worth the money. It smells like happiness and makes me feel like a glittery fairy floating on a cotton candy cloud! It has a sweet smell, with some subtle fruit undertones, I put it on around 8am and can still smell it around 3pm, so it works great for your work/school day!

Listen Up!
Listen Up!
Price: $10.98
70 used & new from $0.98

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best 'Idol' alum debut albums!!, May 22, 2012
This review is from: Listen Up! (Audio CD)
This album is funky, its retro, its jazzy, and its pop. She has stayed true to herself and this is a wonderful debut album for Ms. Reinhart and this album deserves a lot of success! The best tracks for me are Wonderland, Undone, and Hit the Ground Runnin'. Also, iTunes has the deluxe version with 4 bonus tracks, I highly recommend those as well. :)

Stronger (Deluxe Version)
Stronger (Deluxe Version)
Offered by kylakins
Price: $12.41
92 used & new from $0.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Best album I've heard all year!, October 24, 2011
Reviewing track by track..

Mr. Know It All - Mid-tempo, a little understated, but no less powerful than what we have come to expect from Kelly. Her vocals are strong, sassy lyrics, perfect first single to get everyone prepared for the even greater hits to come.

What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger) - The confirmed 2nd single and another empowerment anthem. One of the best tracks on the album, it is reminiscent of Since U Been Gone, it makes you want to sing-along, jump, and dance around as she starts the chorus "You tried to break me but you'll see..what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!"

Dark Side - Another mid-tempo track warning of a darker side of herself and asking the guy to embrace her, flaws and all.

Honestly - A somber ballad, Kelly has kind of an edge of desperation in her voice as she tells the guy to judge her, love her, hate her, whatever, just as long as you've got the guts to do it honestly.

You Love Me - A very intense pop track, it is a little 80's tinged, but not in a bad way. It's lyrics are heartbreaking and breathtaking, it is an immediate standout on the album, and one of my favorites.

Einstein - Fun, kinda childish pop track with the diss "dumb + dumb = you" included.

Standing in Front of You - A slow ballad with country/rock vibes to it, it feels a little lackluster compared to the first six tracks, but it does provide a little bit of a breather from the dark, scorned, vengeful, and intense verses of previous tracks.

I Forgive You - It opens with "I forgive you, I forgive me/Now when do I start to feel again?" suggesting forgiveness may not be as easy as it seems. The stacked vocal harmonies really make the track.

Hello - A great vocal highlight, its a bouncy pop song with hand claps included. The sound of the song is a lot lighter than the lyrics would suggest.

The War is Over - Perhaps my favorite ballad on the album, it is a striking song marked by its pummeling drums and lovely layered vocals. "Already Gone"'s presence is felt.

Let Me Down - Crackling rocky pop with a massive chorus, has definite single potential.

You Can't Win - Another favorite of mine, may come as whiny and self-pitying to some but it comes off as honest and powerful to me. Definite highlight.

Breaking Your Own Heart - A kind of country, soft rock power ballad, it's not my favorite but Kelly sounds lovely on it.

Don't You Wanna Stay - The hit duet from last year, it doesn't really mesh well with the rest of the album, but Kelly shows off her versatility.

Alone - I love this song, one of the best on the album and definitely worth buying the deluxe edition for. The chorus makes me want to get up and shout it out loud along with Kelly "Cause when I'm with you I'm alone!"

Don't Be a Girl About It - A funky pop track that is similar to 'I Do Not Hook Up' with a catchier chorus.

The Sun Will Rise - Moody, midtempo duet with former Idol judge, Kara DioGuardi. Pleasant closing to the album.

Overall this is an awesomely crafted, total Kelly Clarkson experience of an album, it is everything I could have hoped for from her. Her vocals shine, production shines, it is like Breakaway mixed with All I Ever Wanted.

Favorite tracks: What Doesn't Kill You(Stronger), You Love Me, You Can't Win, Alone

Pink Friday
Pink Friday
Offered by Minnetec
Price: $10.82
110 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Pop Friday (with some rap on the side), February 7, 2011
This review is from: Pink Friday (Audio CD)
This album may not be as "hardcore" as her mixtapes but I still found it to be a very enjoyable album. It can be very "pop"-y at times (Check it Out, Right Thru Me, Your Love, Last Chance) however she does throw down quite a few rap verses as well (Roman's Revenge, Muny, Did It On 'Em). The guest stars are just that, guests; they add to the tracks they are on, but Nicki stays the main attraction throughout. My favorite tracks are Super Bass, Roman's Revenge, Moment 4 Life, and I'm the Best.

Knight and Day (Three-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo+ Digital Copy)
Knight and Day (Three-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo+ Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Cruise
Price: $10.26
100 used & new from $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected!, December 13, 2010
Before I began the movie, I had read many critic reviews and I was expecting just your average action movie with some light comedy and a little Tom Cruise craziness mixed in, but as I watched the movie I got a lot more. The movie is a little manic and fast paced, but there is a lot of fun action, quite a few laughs/chuckles, and Tom and Cameron have great chemistry together. The plot is pretty nonsensical to be honest but still very entertaining. The basic plot revolves around Cameron Diaz's character who is trying to get to her sister's wedding, until she bumps into Tom Cruise's character, who turns out to be a rogue secret agent under FBI surveillance, the majority of the film consists of them trying to stay alive and learning they can trust each other. Tom Cruise really surprised me throughout the movie, he gives a really fun, entertaining, eccentric performance, you can tell he's not taking himself or the movie too seriously, he is just trying to put on a good show. Cameron is really great as well, her smile really brightened the screen and she has good comedic timing. I'd say the movie is worth the purchase if you enjoy your action with some comedy on the side or if you are a fan of either Tom or Cameron. If you want to compare this movie to others, I would say it was like the recent film "Killers" or even Brad/Angie's "Mr. & Mrs. Smith", however I enjoyed this movie much more than those two! Even if you're not a big fan of Tom, you should still give the movie a chance because I feel he redeemed himself somewhat from his recent antics, for myself anyways.